You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Real Madrid - The European Cup final

I'm looking forward to the occasion, but not very optimistic about the pe for acne and result. Not being negative on our lads, just feel like these know what all this is about. They will do whatever it takes to strangle our creative flow. I just feel like it's going to be a very frustrating night.

Hope I'm wrong and we fucking rush the cunts like only we can. We are unstoppable in full flow.

Guest Alex_K

I'm looking forward to the occasion, but not very optimistic about the pe for acne and result. Not being negative on our lads, just feel like these know what all this is about. They will do whatever it takes to strangle our creative flow. I just feel like it's going to be a very frustrating night.

This is how I see it. I really doubt they will attack head-on. Expect plenty of slowing the game down, cynical fouls, looking for a killer ball from Kroos / Modric through the packed midfield.

Couple of things.....

... With it being Madrid and them being the home side presumably we will be in red for this.

.... Is Daniel Sturridge now eligible to play again.....( yes i went there)......

Does not matter who is the home side for choice of kit. There is no colour clash but yes Real are classed as the home side.

No Sturridge is not eligible. Although his loan has ended he was not in the nominated squad at the end of January when submitted to UEFA because of the loan.

• Upvote 1

Does not matter who is the home side for choice of kit. There is no colour clash but yes Real are classed as the home side.

No Sturridge is not eligible. Although his loan has ended he was not in the nominated squad at the end of January when submitted to UEFA because of the loan.

I always thought they get choice as nominated home team. Surely we will be playing in Red regardless, hopefully not orange even though its been rather lucky

I always thought they get choice as nominated home team. Surely we will be playing in Red regardless, hopefully not orange even though its been rather lucky

Yes if there was a clash of colours the home team gets to wear their home strip if they wish. But there isnt seeing as they will be in white and us in red.

Why are Real Madrid classed as the home side? Is it to do with what order the draw for the semis was done? In my head I always assumed it was a coin flip or something not had to think about it for a while unfortunately.

Yes it was decided at the semi final draw. We've always wore red when winning European Cups but I wouldn't have minded wearing our orange kit as we seem to play ace in that.

Why are Real Madrid classed as the home side? Is it to do with what order the draw for the semis was done? In my head I always assumed it was a coin flip or something not had to think about it for a while unfortunately.

Purely 'administrative' and was drawn when they did semi final draw...they did semis draw then 'drew' the final and winner of semi final 1 (bayern v real) came out first...

Fair enough, nice one.

I wouldn't have minded playing in the orange kit either. A we play well in it, must make it easier to pick out targets for quick passes, and B I just think it would have been funny having all the photos and video highlights of us lifting the trophy in that thing, it would definitely live long in the memory.

Fuck, it's started, 3:09 in the morning and I've been woken by a dream about the final.

All a bit fuzzy but I remember being in the dressing room just before kick off and giving a last minute pep talk to the team. I remember saying to Karius, "Who'd have thought it 2 years ago, you'd be in goal in the European Cup Final against Real Madrid ?" and, "Keep a clean sheet, that's all that stands between us and eternity"

I also remember playing a high backline and Ronaldo bursting through, Big Virg chasing him down some 40 yards from goal, and then Mo and Sadio through for us at the other end.

I remember being firebombed on the top of a double decker en route to the stadium and having to roll around on the floor of the bus to extinguish the fire, and then trying to conjure another new verse to "Liverbird Upon My Chest".

I woke with the feeling that we won.

Fuck, can't believe I've got another 5 nights of this.

• Upvote 3

Just had a dream about it too, a negative one. Both teams where playing a high line but Real Madrid were much more organized and gave the feeling that they were more players on the field.

Our attacking fluency was abruptly stopped by their defensive organization. I thought to myself Mo, Mane and Bobby are all anonymous in this game, Klopp needs to make changes now.

It felt like a 0-0 game all the way to the end. Sadly I did not stick around to see how it ended, woke up by my 14month old son.