You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Saturday, 10th March - Man Utd vs Liverpool. Battle for second place gets serious.

I was on the very last seat next to them today.

They really are. Apparently I am on the dole!

No wonder you seem tetchy, that's my idea of hell. Losing to that shower and being close enough for their cunt fans to rub salt in the wound.

No wonder you seem tetchy, that's my idea of hell. Losing to that shower and being close enough for their cunt fans to rub salt in the wound.

Haha - pretty much. Right next to copper as well! So I had to behave. Took it one-way for the whole game.

Apparently 'Always the victim' is not about Hillsborough. Which came as a shock to me.

Can’t stand them. Big grocks. Hoof ball. But plenty of money to accumulate lots of very good players if they ever choose to let them off the lead.

They are less than the sum of their parts under Mourinho. Their fans know it. With their resources they should be in a title fight but they are miles away. We started from a much lower level but the gap is miniscule and we play much the better football, generally.

Our recent memory is finishing top four twice in eight years, so getting established there, two seasons on the bounce, and competing at the sharp end in the CL knockout stages is great progress. More will be needed but we are rightly hopeful.

Their recent memory is of a better side, playing better football, competing for and often winning title after title. Relatively speaking they have slipped and are on a downward trajectory, even if the finances mask that somewhat.

Today stings, but I’m confident we’re moving in the right direction. Can’t say the same about them.

You never called him a championship player before he kicked a ball?

As I recall, all I did was point out that he had been relegated to the Championship twice in three seasons with Hull, which is a fact.

Not sure how pointing out facts makes me a fool, but I'm sure you'll have an explanation.

As I recall, all I did was point out that he had been relegated to the Championship twice in three seasons with Hull, which is a fact.

Not sure how pointing out facts makes me a fool, but I'm sure you'll have an explanation.

That is well played. I have to admit. Very well played.

Can’t stand them. Big grocks. Hoof ball. But plenty of money to accumulate lots of very good players if they ever choose to let them off the lead.

They are less than the sum of their parts under Mourinho. Their fans know it. With their resources they should be in a title fight but they are miles away. We started from a much lower level but the gap is miniscule and we play much the better football, generally.

Our recent memory is finishing top four twice in eight years, so getting established there, two seasons on the bounce, and competing at the sharp end in the knockout stages is great progress. More will be needed but we are rightly hopeful.

Their recent memory is of a better side, playing better football, competing for and often winning title after title. Relatively speaking they have slipped and are on a downward trajectory, even if the finances mask that somewhat.

Today stings, but I’m confident we’re moving in the right direction. Can’t say the same about them.

I get what you are saying mate and thanks for the cogent argument.

But, you can bet that they will keep their best players through their prime and will therefore have a better chance of changing their trajectory.

We needed a result more than them today and we needed it for our development as a team.

Your mind is made up it would seem.

Fair do's - your choice.

For the record i would have welcomed reading you providing context to your comments...discussion/debate/discourse is the lifeblood of forums and why i would imagine most of us spend time here.

Nah the lifeblood of forums is nude pics of fit birds and free t-shirts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk