You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New Years Day V Burnley away

Guest Pistonbroke

Guest Pistonbroke

Set my alarm for 4pm German time and watched the game in bed on the lap top. Was planning to go back to sleep but getting a late win like that has my Adrenalin levels pumping, so fuck it, JB and coke time it is. 

Thought we were well worthy of all 3 points, we played well at times and lazy at others. Burnley are just a slightly better Wimbledon, defend in numbers and hoof it to the big lad at every chance and hope he gets a head on it. Fuck of Mr Gravel voice, chuffed to fuck we broke your hearts at the end, forgot how good it feels to get a late winner like that, I'm fucking pumpin here. 

Ox was very good, best player on the park. TAA and Lallana played well, Gomez also, although he fell asleep on their goal. Gini is a waste at times, he offers fuck all, Can was being Can but had a decent game. Mane looks pissed off for whatever reason, maybe fucked, but by fuck did he take that goal well. Solanke was really lazy imo, hopefully he can learn from that, if I was the manager I'd be in his ear big time.

Lovren and Klavan were hit with high balls a lot and did ok. I never thought I'd run that sentence in my head. 'Lovren with a great header onto Klavan who scores a last minute winner!!!' BTW, great free kick. 

Huge win that. Play a second string team and beat one of the harder teams away.

If the Bitters beat the scum 3-0 we go 3rd..........yeah, not gonna happen. 

Happy New Year you bastards. 

Today is not the day to analyse performances. Take away the stands and that is your bog standard sunday league game on a soggy pitch in driving wind/rain.

This team is without doubt starting to believe in itself, the 2 games against Leicester and Burnley have shown there is belief building. Ive no doubt we would have lost both those games last year.

Well done reds, get home get your feet up and get refreshed ready to rout that blueshite out of the cup.

• Upvote 1

Since the only other one was a goalkeeper, it's not exactly surprising now.

Impressed with King Ragnar of late.

I think he's been a great signing and not just for today I can honestly say I can't remember too many games when he's had a shocker ,just goes to show you don't have to pay big bucks to get a good centre half....:-)

• Upvote 1

Important as fuck that win.

This time last year we were doing well until the 2 games in 48 hours deal over new years, where we drew with Sunderland.

Lost a bit of steam after that and barely had any points to rub together for 3 months, so it's kept the momentum going into 2018.

Burnley are not to be fucked at either, could have alehoused us to a draw but clearly Klopp has learned how to deal with these teams compared to last year.

Nice bit of rotation and rest for the big boys, Mane getting a goal finally, digging in and getting the win after almost throwing 2 points away. Plenty to be happy about there.

Overjoyed. An incredibly frustrating performance from nearly everyone. Good passes followed by a wrong choice, ref giving them everything, Mané horribly lazy and disinterested and then magnificent, Lovren lacking in quality but fighting to the death, Mignolet his usual enigmatic self. There are times when football isn't about quality but digging in and making your own luck. This Christmas run has put us in a prime position to take the top 4 spot. Upwards and onwards, Klopp's boys. 

• Upvote 1

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp: "A very difficult game, thee fixtures are really difficult to take. We did brilliant, the weather made it so hard, windy, rainy.

"Burnley are dong well, we denied them to do what they usually like to do. It took a while to score and then the next two goals were very similar.

"Did we deserve to win? I don't care. We got the three points.

"Adam Lallana was great, after four or five months out, performing like this. It's not easy at this time, the whole team applauded Sadio Mane when he came in because we needed that goal. He is not playing at his most fluent but a great goal.

"Six points in two days - I've never had that before."

More from Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp: "A fantastic finish to the game. This is one of the toughest places to play all season.

"I like rotation, I love the quality of my squad and I am really pleased. It was not fantastic football but it was a fantastic attitude. Today it wasn't possible to play brilliantly but it was an open game, we had a massive setback with the equaliser but we changed it again - we haven't done that too often this year."

• Upvote 1