You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing day left hook v Those welsh wankers Swansea.

Guest Pistonbroke

Spending 40 on someone who will be on a free when we have glaring deficiencies elsewhere is the problem

I think he will come good and will be a good squad player. I doubt we would give a shit if we knew money would be spent on all our problems but we know that's not the case.

Spending 40 on him was mad with a year left when u consider our back 5 and lack of dm. Also our back up striker is solanke

Think Oxlade-Chamberlain might turn out to be a decent signing. Its just the price of him we all seem hung up about.

That and the fact he hasn't held down a starting place in a bang average midfield nor improved said midfield any more than once or twice.

More should be expected and it's nice to hear he at least knows as much himself.   I really hope Kieta is top class because we seem to have forgotten what a top class midfielder looks like judging by some of the views held on Lucas, Allen and Lallana of late.

That and the fact he hasn't held down a starting place in a bang average midfield nor improved said midfield any more than once or twice.

More should be expected and it's nice to hear he at least knows as much himself. I really hope Kieta is top class because we seem to have forgotten what a top class midfielder looks like judging by some of the views held on Lucas, Allen and Lallana of late.

Lallana was boss last year to be fair.

Fucking Hell Grinch did someone steal your Christmas prezzies?  You're on a bit of a downer today mate

Not really, I just don't think one result, good nor bad ever effects the overall picture.  People get too caught up in final scores.  Or building one player up and down after a good/poor display.

We're on the right road under Klopp, he's improving the team with his hands tied by cunt owners, most of his limited funds have went into the attack and that attack's superb, the rest of the team shows how little has been spent on it  That was the case after the West Brom 0-0 and it's the case after today's result.

I like Chamberlain.

No coincidence we’ve played better with a midfield of him, Can and Gini than with Henderson and Milner. Chamberlain is very much a box to box midfielder and not a winger, never seen it until now but he definitely is. He has good range of passing and can quicken the pace of the play as well.

Leaves loads of space for Phill and Salah to exploit as well having him on the pitch.

More Chamberlain please Jurgen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Klopp seeems to prefer Gomez at RB and personally I think he is wrong - I can understand him wanting to protect TAA and ease him in but for my money the old adage of if you are good enough you are old enough......Owen, Rooney et al spring to mind.

TAA is a better RB than Gomez (that isn't a knock on Gomez by way) and especially so in our system. IMO

TAA is a good footballer but unfortunately he isn’t a good enough defender yet as Klopp said himself earlier in the season.

Feel strangely flat after that today,  After a great opener from Phil I expected the game to be over by HT . Instead the rest of the half was largely a bore with the nagging worry we could shit our pants again at the back.  After the break we put them to bed swiftly enough with some nice goals and good to see TAA on the score sheet, Doubt we will get an easier game this season; Swansea are woeful and going down, One small thing puzzled me is why Milner came on. Surely game time for one of the other lads was a priority. Anyway onwards and upwards and a job well done. 

Been out at Mrs G’s family Christmas. Managed to not hear the score and just finished watching a recording.

Job done. Very good. First half we were playing within ourselves but we had control. Second half we opened up a bit more and piled on a few goals, which we expect this team to do.

The clean sheet was as welcome as the five goals.

Great opener Coutinho. Firmino nice brace. Ox nice thigh and controlled, looping volley finish. And can’t forget a nice goal from TAA - all about the desire, and then a nice controlled half volley to keep it under the bar.

Job done. We expected to win, but the match had to be played, and we did what we needed to do. Next game against Leicester will be harder. They are looking a lot better under Puel and they have more going forward to catch us on the break if we are not careful.

Bring it on.

Swansea are the worst team we've played all year. They have zero quality in the final third and couldn't have been less threatening. Nice to see us take the piss out of them. 

This is absolutely true.

Happy with the win and all, but Swansea are absolutely terrible. Been a few years since we saw a team that bad at Anfield. The starting lineup they rolled out has 4 league goals this season. FOUR!

How little threat they carried kind of affected the game, too. The first half we were all professional, "we have the lead - let's just keep it if they're not going to threaten." The second half Jurgen must have said "nope, I can't do it, lads, just go out there and show them heavy metal football."