You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Paco

45 minutes ago, Ginny said:

Talk Sport loving Ox’s performance last night now saying he has to be in 2020 squad for England. Ffs - hate the England team. Leave our players alone 

He has one half decent game after year off and the Ingerland goons want him selected . That hopeless hackneyed cunt Darke was spouting the same shite last night. They don't to get it that millions of us are on the scale of indifferent to hate where International football is concerned . The 3 or 4 breaks in the season , pointless friendlies and endless miserable qualifying games for this , that and the other leave me numb and even when we do get to WC or European finals we are more often than not hopeless. You can add to that , given the state of the country and the behaviour of the Tory overlords I am not minded to wave any flag in support of national teams involving England . 

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

His first thought after laying the ball off is to get forward and look for space on the edge of the box. That's why he looks better when he's played in the front three of our 4-3-3 formation and he has less defensive duties. When he's been asked to play in the M/F 3 he hasn't looked so good and the defensive part of his game when asked to do so isn't great. When Bobby, Mane and Salah are fit I don't see Klopp playing him unless he wants to rest one of our front three. Great option to have for that role or to stick on if we are tiring up front. 

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

This fella has spent countless hours in the medical facility and training room.

Can't someone take 5 minutes and explain to him what the "scruff of the neck" is?

He was rubbish yesterday. He seems to suit us in some games,the top team games maybe? But be largely invisible in others,scrappy games like yesterday maybe?

• 1 month later...
Guest Pistonbroke
15 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Out with ligament damage, maybe he should have stayed off it after the win rather than dancing round. Could have taken the weight off it. What do I know, i’m sure certain experts on here will have opinions. 

Incoming.....

Probably purely down to adrenaline and maybe's not thinking things were too serious, although the medical staff could have had a word whilst fitting him with that boot. Have to feel sorry for the lad but it is the one place on the park where we have ample cover, plus Mini coming in.  

13 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Probably purely down to adrenaline and maybe's not thinking things were too serious, although the medical staff could have had a word whilst fitting him with that boot. Have to feel sorry for the lad but it is the one place on the park where we have ample cover, plus Mini coming in.  

I understand the adrenaline but with his history a bit of common sense woulda have been helpful. From the medical staff too.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke
36 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

I understand the adrenaline but with his history a bit of common sense woulda have been helpful. From the medical staff too.

Yeah, definitely daft. Hopefully nothing too serious and he'll be back sooner rather than later. Ligaments can either heal quickly depending on the severity of the damage or take ages. 

1 minute ago, Pistonbroke said:

Yeah, definitely daft. Hopefully nothing too serious and he'll be back sooner rather than later. Ligaments can either heal quickly depending on the severity of the damage or take ages. 

I’ve done mine twice in the last five years, I was on crutches for a fortnight with one and was walking in a week with another. Iam an athletic lover.

19 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Touché mate. Seriously all the best. Have a bevy on me.

Cheers VD! You too mate. A bit special this one because we’re heading off a few days after (when we play wolves), last one in the country for a while I think if it all goes well, so we’re going all out. Gonna ‘dry-brine’ my turkey in a minute. Lol, see how that goes.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1