You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Joel Matip

aRdja

19 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Have we(not you Barry,the royal 'we') also decided that Joe Gomez is not just 'unlucky' with injuries too?

He gets different types of injury, but there's no doubt he can't stay fit either. He seems to have a major injury in every season. I was saying 18 months ago when we had lovren, matip and gomez I would happily let any 2 of them go to bring in someone who is capable of staying fit. It's such a crucial part of the pitch to want to keep some stability and consistency in selection. 

13 hours ago, sir roger said:

Groin /abductor injuries are buggers to shift because they are almost impossible to rest because everything you do affects them. In short I will give a tenner to charity if Joel is back before February.

He might come back and then be out injured again before Feb! 

• Upvote 1

Whether he's back or not he's never going to see out the season without more lay offs. Huge pressure on Fabhino to stay fit . Phillips and Williams are well below the standard required and given they both have the pace of an injured snail the only conclusion is we have to bring in a CB but that looks unlikely given the cost and availability of anyone Klopp would consider can slot in and hit the ground running. I am in no doubt this is a problem that could very easily ruin our title chances . 

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

No way he's out for 3 weeks. End of Jan comes bet he's "close" but not ready 

Yeah. Klopp says "around 3 weeks". My guess is 4 or 5 before he's even considered for the bench. There are a few big games in January, so we really could do with bringing someone in as quickly and clinically as we did with Fabinho.

• 4 weeks later...