You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transfers summer 2016

Maybe Usher should show this thread to Klopp and then I'm sure he'd be buying another left back.

I know many a manager would of taken Moreno off at half time on Sunday but Klopp stuck by him AGAIN and to be fair to the lad he had a decent 2nd Half after that nightmare 1st Half .

Just curious to know what Klopps thinking and view on the whole Moreno situation is to be honest. I can't believe for 1 moment that he can't see what everybody else is seeing on the pitch to be honest.

Also the lack of cover say Moreno got injured and the way he tackles is a real possibility is baffling really.

This thread is going to be hilarious on deadline day when it becomes utterly clear we aren't signing a left back.

I predict Evertonian levels of fume.

Yes, it will be quite hilarious when we finish outside the top four because we've utterly failed to address any of the gaping deficiencies in our team once again. A right barrel of laughs altogether.

• Upvote 4

Maybe Usher should show this thread to Klopp and then I'm sure he'd be buying another left back.

I know many a manager would of taken Moreno off at half time on Sunday but Klopp stuck by him AGAIN and to be fair to the lad he had a decent 2nd Half after that nightmare 1st Half .

Just curious to know what Klopps thinking and view on the whole Moreno situation is to be honest. I can't believe for 1 moment that he can't see what everybody else is seeing on the pitch to be honest.

Also the lack of cover say Moreno got injured and the way he tackles is a real possibility is baffling really.

Klopp has a lot of patience. He trusts players on yellows not to get sent off. He trusts Moreno to put the bad first half behind him and he did.

I think Moreno gets this season and if he doesn't figure out how to play full back he ll be gone. I'm not sure he can be taught how to defend. I'm not sure he can learn how to cross. I know his pace and his ability to get in behind defences can be useful to us but if he costs us goals nearly every game then that negates the things he's good at.

• Upvote 1

This thread is going to be hilarious on deadline day when it becomes utterly clear we aren't signing a left back.

I predict Evertonian levels of fume.

That it will be. I've never seen this level of vitriol towards a single player. People are genuinely losing their minds over us not signing a left back. The reaction is almost cartoonish.

Moreno should be used against weaker sides at home and in the cups,he can be a useful asset offensively I thought he would learn by now but if anything he's regressed defensively . He's a liability against any decent side.

No chance for me. He will always be likely to fuck up and only offers stuff going forward on the break, which is no chance against the shit teams at home - you need smarts for those games. I'd sooner milner in those situations, who has more positional sense, better passing and I'd imagine better crossing with his left foot, as the other braindead cunt just smashes the shit out of the ball and hopes for the best.
  • Upvote 1

He doesn't throw his players under a bus like Mourinho, that's for sure.

I think many of us want a new left back and maybe it will be a mark against Klopps name if we don't get one and Moreno keeps fucking up. People will always say "why didn't you see what we saw"

But there is also the other side, what if we buy other players and they make mistakes, do we get rid of them also? And keeping buying to replace? At some point we do need a manager to stop the revolving door and make the individual/team/squad better. Which is different to buying a new squad every summer and saying it is stronger.

Most of us can see how good Klopp is. We just have to accept his way of working and that he wants to grow a team and club together. I mean who the fuck thought Kevin Stewart would get so many games?! But Klopp likes him and he plays him. I think there will be plenty more players that the fans don't like but Klopp thinks fit his system well.

One thing that's obvious is that the hatred for Moreno is growing and if the fans turn on him Klopp will be seriously pissed off. Remember when people boo'd Milners corners? He hated it and called the fans out on it. We've needed a manager like Klopp for a long time and as fans we just have to get behind him. Moaning about every decision isn't going to make his principals as a coach and manager change but it might make him want to fuck off from the club sooner than those 6 years.

• Upvote 4

Just wrap this thread up now and start the January one.  Where the local journo's will spend the whole month linking us to some well known player, we'll spend the month negotiating with his club without ever coming near the asking price and at the end of the window someone on here says that at least there's money there and we'll sign top quality in the summer.   Groundhog day

The fsgway.

• Upvote 2

I'm clinging onto the fact that Klopp would never say anything negative about his players, he's heen asked a question about The Zombie and he's answered in a way Klopp does. He's not gonna slag the cunt off & expect a performance off him at the weekend with his confidence even lower, Klopp doesn't do that. We were after Chilwell & Hector, Klopp knows, hes not blind. Unless the replacement glasses he got after the Norwich game last season have been tampered with!

Just wrap this thread up now and start the January one.  Where the local journo's will spend the whole month linking us to some well known player, we'll spend the month negotiating with his club without ever coming near the asking price and at the end of the window someone on here says that at least there's money there and we'll sign top quality in the summer.   Groundhog day

The fsgway.

You should see the war chest for 2021. We're up to about six billion quid.

• Upvote 3

We've turned down a bid of £23m plus £7m in add-ons for Benteke from Palace. Personally think we're just better off taking the money, he clearly isn't going to play.

One of the add ons stipulated was for Palace to qualify for the Champions League this season. They're taking the piss trying to get him for £23m. They've got the money, they bid £30m for Batshuayi at the start of the transfer window and got £30m for Bolasie from the bitters.

Their strikers are Connor Wickham and Chamakh, their top scorer got 5 goals last season. Benteke got 9 for us and he barely played. We're better off holding our ground.

• Upvote 4

One of the add ons stipulated was for Palace to qualify for the Champions League this season. They're taking the piss trying to get him for £23m. They've got the money, they bid £30m for Batshuayi at the start of the transfer window and got £30m for Bolasie from the bitters.

Their strikers are Connor Wickham and Chamakh, their top scorer got 5 goals last season. Benteke got 9 for us and he barely played. We're better off holding our ground.

I agree. Unless we're left with him for another season. Then I disagree.

They haven't even got Chamakh, they released him. They're as desperate as what we are for a LB, their not gonna go into the season without a decent striker...............

• Upvote 1

Being the 5th richest club (by the way, by a very narrow margin from arsenal) is hardly plucky getting to 4th. Yet we constantly create this narrative that it's impossible to compete and move one place above our financial position, which by the way if we could usurp arsenal, our turnover would probably be larger than their and would grow beyond them very quickly. West ham, spurs, Southampton all finished above us last season. It's a perennial thing with spurs. But our owners don't care providing the ground is full and we're always on the telly.

Arsenal's revenues were something like £30m more than ours for the 2014/15 season if memory serves, and we were in the Champs League that year. For 2015/16, it might be more like £45-50m due to BT deal for Champs League coming in. This season, it could get close to £70m difference as we won't even have Europa league.

Not saying we can't compete, but we are still a fair bit off what Arsenal earn

• Upvote 1

They've also got Olayink Fredrick Oladotun "Freddie" Ladapo, so you look a bit stupid now, don't you?

• Upvote 1

Arsenal's revenues were something like £30m more than ours for the 2014/15 season if memory serves, and we were in the Champs League that year. For 2015/16, it might be more like £45-50m due to BT deal for Champs League coming in. This season, it could get close to £70m difference as we won't even have Europa league.

Not saying we can't compete, but we are still a fair bit off what Arsenal earn

How much will the new main stand give us you reckon?

Tony Barrett Retweeted Times Sport

Palace have had a renewed offer for Benteke of £23m with £7m add ons rejected by Liverpool.

Everton & Sunderland have also been following Benteke's situation, who is seeking around £120,000-a-week in wages. ( Paul Joyce )

West Brom are also keen on Benteke and would be willing to meet #LFC’s valuation, but he does not want to move there. (Paul Joyce)

JamesPearceEcho

Benteke would have had to win Wimbledon, the British Grand Prix and MasterChef for the £7million worth of add-ons to be triggered. #LFC

Gary Medel is Klopp's 'greatest desire' & Liverpool have bid over £8.7M for the defensive midfielder. [AS Chile]