You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leicester

Bjornebye

The reason we lost the league is that Rodgers couldn't set up the team well enough to defend. We had the best player to ever play in the league in Suarez and a lethal partner in Sturridge, yet still managed to lose it. Embarrassing for Rodgers really.

• Upvote 1

The reason we lost the league is that Rodgers couldn't set up the team well enough to defend. We had the best player to ever play in the league in Suarez and a lethal partner in Sturridge, yet still managed to lose it. Embarrassing for Rodgers really.

Best player ever to play in the league? Football existed pre-Premier League, like.

The pass from Sakho was overhit. I'll never understand why professional footballers hammer the ball to one another. Gerrard slipped, which was horrible, but accidents happen. Could Gerrard have caught Ba and pulled him down? Possibly, and arguably, it would have been better to have been down to ten men but have the scoreline in tact. Mignolet could definitely have raced out and cleaned out Ba. I bet Suarez would have done had he been in goal.

It is funny that people will just absolve him of any fault. Like I caught abuse earlier for even insinuating that Gerrard is partly to blame. And of course Gerrard has readily admitted that that moment lost us the title. 

This place is like RAWK at times.

I guess there is a bond with local players if you're local.  A shared identity.  Especially a player who contributed as much as Gerrard did to this club.  Must be the same for you and some, er hockey players or whatever.

• Upvote 2

Why the Gerrard slip is considered a pivotal moment compared to say, Mignolet's flap at City, or Toure's errant pass at West Brom, or Allen's missed sitter at Everton, is that it happened at a very critical point in the season. We were already at a stage where any slip-ups could prove costly, and a literal slip-up ultimately did. We were knocked for six by that Chelsea result and I've no doubt it had a bearing on the team shitting the bed at Palace. I still think if we'd managed to pick up a point against Chelsea, we'd have comfortably seen out the 3 points at Palace. It still bothers me to this day that Gerrard's exact words in the post-match pep talk after the City game were captured live on TV, and that he (unfortunately) ended up doing exactly what he implored the team not to do. 

All that's true but I think the difference with Chelsea game were Rodgers tactics when a draw would have done fine, It was the over- commitment to attack against a parked bus which cost us, Best defense in the league and very dangerous on the break and he chose to play that way , Mourinho pissed all over him that day 

I guess there is a bond with local players if you're local.  A shared identity.  Especially a player who contributed as much as Gerrard did to this club.  Must be the same for you and some, er hockey players or whatever.

Very true. Insult my boy Connor McDavid and I'll go fucking bananas on you.

We got punished that day because of Chelseas time wasting in the 1st half and the ref added if I remember 4 minutes .If it hadnt been for Maureens under hand tactics and shithousery we would of been back in the dressing room with the score 0-0 and the Gerrard slip would never of happened and who knows what might of happened in the 2nd half of that game .

I cant beleive Leicesters legendary run thread is being tainted by this.

I want to happy for them. I really do.

But every time i look at the table and see Leicester fucking City sitting at the top of the league with points to spare it makes me feel like the gods of football have just taken a giant sloppy shit in my pocket.

I just wonder how many more names are going to get on that trophy before Liverpool?

• Upvote 1

We only needed a draw against Chelsea at Anfield to stay clear. How anyone can claim that was nailed on is beyond me though.

I never for one second thought we'd win it that season.

I never thought it until we won at Norwich.

I believed we would then.