You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp's Tactics

Mil-ing Around

Correct. It's like Ive said before about the critical over analysis that now goes on with everything LFC.

After all the 'LFC set pieces goals' and the rest, the 'new' fashionable stat is this 129 'shots' and only 6 goals. But if we'd only had, say, 50 shots and 6 goals, people would be droning on about how few shots we'd had and every other fucking team out 'shooting' us.

Still more interesting than your constant droning on about people 'droning on'.

So if we take out the games we were good in, our record is not so good.

Hmmm, who'd a thought that...

IMO Having the dual threat of salah and mane, the more adventurous full backs, and coutinho deeper is already making a difference in the right direction.  We'll see if it's enough.

If we take out all the games against decent opposition and leave only the absolute shite who have worse players than us in every position, a fraction of our resources and routinely get battered by all of our rivals then we have less than a 40% win ratio over a 9 month period (compared to the 80-90% win ratio of Chelsea, for example), with virtually every game being a closely fought struggle up until the last kick of the match.

Despite this, I still see our fans dismiss results like Tuesday's as bad luck and continue to predict us winning by cricket scores every time we play an "easy fixture". This side seemingly has no easy fixtures.

• Upvote 1

If we take out all the games against decent opposition and leave only the absolute shite who have worse players than us in every position, a fraction of our resources and routinely get battered by all of our rivals then we have less than a 40% win ratio over a 9 month period (compared to the 80-90% win ratio of Chelsea, for example), with virtually every game being a closely fought struggle up until the last kick of the match.

Despite this, I still see our fans dismiss results like Tuesday's as bad luck and continue to predict us winning by cricket scores every time we play an "easy fixture". This side seemingly has no easy fixtures.

Yeah, I know it's not a bad point, but code forever condemned statto's to ridicule through his BS and I can't resist every so often.

But in this case we don't need the stats.  Pretty much everyone knows bus parkers are our weakness.  But to be honest within the constraints Klopp's had I think he's done as good a job as can be expected to address the problem.  The full-backs, more options in the forward line, different options w/Solanke, more creativity in midfield with the coutinho move back etc etc.

None of them a silver bullet, but each should improve our chances.  And it shows the problem is clearly understood and different steps are being taken.  IMO I already see improvement.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Klopp's biggest failing is putting up with bang average footballers, thinking he can turn them into top players, when they should have been binned off years ago.

Mignolet

Lovren

Moreno

Can

Henderson

Sturridge(legs have gone)

Klavan

Gini

Ings

Karius

All of them need firing off, but it won't happen because we aren't ruthless enough and FSG won't be prepared to spend the sort of money needed to replace them.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Klopp's biggest failing is putting up with bang average footballers, thinking he can turn them into top players, when they should have been binned off years ago.

Mignolet

Lovren

Moreno

Can

Henderson

Sturridge(legs have gone)

Klavan

Gini

Ings

Karius

All of them need firing off, but it won't happen because we aren't ruthless enough and FSG won't be prepared to spend the sort of money needed to replace them.

You'd be able to replace them with the money received from their sales. Problem is our scouts are turd and Klopp doesn't seem to have an eye for a player either.

Do an England national team and play the 11 best players, regardless of position.

-----------Mignolet----------

Mané---Matip------Lovren------Milner

----------Can-----Henderson---

Salah-------Coutinho-------Chamberlain

------------Firmino---------

I know we have some shit players but that doesn’t excuse the total lack of organisation at the back. Look at Burnley and how organised they are. In theory, they’re players are ‘shitter’ than ours. KLOPPS an intelligent guy, I just don’t understand how he hasn’t made us at least 20% better at the back over the last six games. It’s frustrating as I can’t see any progress.

I know we have some shit players but that doesn’t excuse the total lack of organisation at the back. Look at Burnley and how organised they are. In theory, they’re players are ‘shitter’ than ours. KLOPPS an intelligent guy, I just don’t understand how he hasn’t made us at least 20% better at the back over the last six games. It’s frustrating as I can’t see any progress.

Because Burnley's ultimate aim is survival and ours is a CL place. I can see one of those things happening.

What tactics? As far as I can see it's 'fuck about and hope someone does something out of nothing'.

This. Put the same dickheads out in whatever team sheet he's already decided to put out per competition, witness back 4 calamity, observe front 4 waste opportunity after opportunity, sling on an Oxlade-Chamberlain or a Can with 15 to go and hope for the best. Rinse and repeat. Piece of piss, this "world class" manager lark.

Correct me if I'm wrong but this is what's happening every game and there seems to be no will to change anything whatsoever. At least switch to a back 3, or a 442 or do fucking SOMETHING to shake things up a bit. There's no point barring your teeth and throwing a tantrum in your technical area when you've overseen and orchestrated everything you've seen before you again and again.

• Upvote 1