You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

29th August 2015 - Home against West Ham

WhiskeyJar

What did your lad say about him?

Haha! I wouldn't have told him off if he had shouted 'cunt' at the top of his voice.

I don't think that was the game to covert Jack to the football tribe.

I said to him in the Kemlyn Road car park, where we were surrounded by players' high performance sports cars, "You could have a car like that one day if you become a footballer." He said, "I'll probably get something similar when I am a games designer.".

I cried a little tear drop in my red red heart.

• Upvote 2

I stuck up for Rodgers in the window saying in his preferred style we dont need a DM. A couple of ground covering central mids can do the job and link the attack.

Milner and Henderson fit that bill and Coutinho Firmino should be out and out attacking players.

So what does Rodgers do. Not by a DM and then play fucking Lucas.

I like Lucas but he is too one dimensional and if Rodgers was going to play a DM he should have bought a fucking decent one.

Sorry to quote myself and repeat this again but the more I think about this the more I cannot get my head around it.

He has hawked Lucas around and showed not a sign of playing that system.

Now 4 games in at home to West Ham he plays one isolated striker and a DM. Lucas.

When the fuck did it occur to him that he might play with a DM. Surely if he did he would have bought a decent one in the window as if you play a DM it is a crucial position.

It strikes me that he is making it up on the hoof. If he stumbles across something that miraculously works he will stick with it until a better tactician hands him his arse.

Then he drops people who have had a bad game in a game in which he has been out thought.

Watch there will be a casualty from this. it may be one of the young fullbacks, Lucas again or even poor Emry Can who I thought was out performing most today before being subbed.

He has no philosophy and this is the first time I've slagged him

• Upvote 2

Sorry to quote myself and repeat this again but the more I think about this the more I cannot get my head around it.

Now 4 games in at home to West Ham he plays one isolated striker and a DM. Lucas.

When the fuck did it occur to him that he might play with a DM. Surely if he did he would have bought a decent one in the window as if you play a DM it is a crucial position.

It strikes me that he is making it up on the hoof. If he stumbles across something that miraculously works he will stick with it until a better tactician hands him his arse.

Then he drops people who have had a bad game in a game in which he has been out thought.

Watch there will be a casualty from this. it may be one of the young fullbacks, Lucas again or even poor Emry Can who I thought was out performing most today before being subbed.

That's exactly it

Has has not got a clue how to set his teams up against different opposition.

It's what he's always done, the back end of his first season and the second was not death by football that he so hyped up. It was hitting teams on the break.

What you saw today was his original death by football in all its glory, 70% odd possession and twatted 3 nil.

• Upvote 3

I have stood by Rodgers until today. We have flattered so far. Arsenal and Bournemouth both had perfectly good goals ruled out.We have had a moment of class v stoke and a offside goal keeping us looking 'alright'. We havent played well....at all.

Lucas is always a disaster but Lovern! jesus. I thought it was rough that he made the worse ever cb in TLW history but maybe thats  a good shout.

Id say Rogers is a goner...

In addition to the obvious problem in the middle of the defence, and the obvious problem with Benteke being isolated, I think today showed that we miss Henderson. Hopefully we bounce back against the Mancs.

Even though it was bad today and we're all gutted, other teams are starting very slowly and we will see lots of games this season where the smaller team beats one of the big boys, given the riches in the Prem and the fact that there are match winners and good players all over the place.  

2 goals in 4 games...it is just like last season. Team just does not have goals in it.

Until we solve that we are going nowhere.

Our 2 this season - a worldie and one that was offside

We had exactly one period under Rodgers where we scored freely and it was the one where we played two men up front.

Last season, man on his own and we were shit.  So we get rid of two strikers, bring two in.

What do we do?  Play one up top.

Four games in and I'm fucking sick of his shit already.

• Upvote 11

One thing that stuck in my head was the shit quality of the crossing. I don't even like that type of football and prefer it played on the ground mostly, but if you're trying to break a team like that down and need to cross fairly often, it helps if they can reach someone in the box properly. And that's the other thing, the co-commentator on the stream I was watching regularly pointed out how we barely had anyone in the box, when we should have.

It's just a mess, and I'm sure that a defence with Lovren will get Rodgers the sack if he doesn't sort out what we're supposed to be doing and quickly. I don't like giving stick to one player when there's so much wrong, but maybe Sakho should at least have a chance now for a few games.

Have said in the past though that he paid all that money for Lovren and I'm sure he's just being stubborn and can't accept that it isn't working out. It's likely we'll see a lot more of him.

I don't even want Rodgers sacked at this stage, (I could have been fine seeing him leave after Stoke though.) I think one bad game is too harsh at this point, but I can't see us getting a result against Utd, and if we don't, the shit will really be flying if we don't get something in the game after. So the real drama might not be that far away already.

• Upvote 1

We bought benteke who's good in the air. Last season we put fewer crosses in than any other team but that could be explained by the fact we didnt have strikers noted for their heading.

Now, benteke in the team and we couldnt get one fucking decent cross in for him. I swear every fucking one was either too high, too long or too fucking short.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Even though it was bad today and we're all gutted, other teams are starting very slowly and we will see lots of games this season where the smaller team beats one of the big boys, given the riches in the Prem and the fact that there are match winners and good players all over the place.  

Today had nothing to do with the quality of West Ham's players. Today is on Rodgers, absolutely pathetic management.

• Upvote 4

We bought benteke who's good in the air. Last season we put fewer crosses in than any other team but that could be explained by the fact we didnt have strikers noted for their heading.

Now, benteke in the team and we couldnt get one fucking decent cross in for him. I swear every fucking one was either too high, too long or too fucking short.

We've got an 18 year old centre back playing at left back, and have got one wide midfielder in the squad, and he didn't start.

As much as a few people were pretending that Benteke isn't a target man, he quite clearly fucking is. His movement off the ball is somewhere between fucking abysmal and non existent. He needs crosses and 28 year old Gerrard type midfielders bursting on to his knock downs. 

We may have bought some good players over the summer, and I agree some of them are good players, but yet again it's just another random collection with no fucking coherent plan. Two signings we desperately needed - A mobile holding midfielder and a hard working, intelligent, centre forward (some sort of poor man's Suarez basically) and we didn't sign either.

• Upvote 6

Moreno sums him up for me.

Ok you are a shit full back so I'll play you as a wing back. Doesn't matter that you have to change the whole set up of the team to accommodate a full back who is no good at defending. We'll just go three at the back. Yes that will work with Lovren and Skirtel those renowned pacy CB's. 0-3

Moreno sums him up for me.

Ok you are a shit full back so I'll play you as a wing back. Doesn't matter that you have to change the whole set up of the team to accommodate a full back who is no good at defending. We'll just go three at the back. Yes that will work with Lovren and Skirtel those renowned pacy CB's. 0-3

yes mate I agree but the lad was'nt shit for Seville.

We had exactly one period under Rodgers where we scored freely and it was the one where we played two men up front.

Last season, man on his own and we were shit.  So we get rid of two strikers, bring two in.

What do we do?  Play one up top.

Four games in and I'm fucking sick of his shit already.

One being Suarez, who not only had the most goals in the league that season but had the most assists too.

He was probably better in La Liga although I do remember many Sevilla fans were made up we were giving them £12m.

Was he playing wingback in Seville though, i dont know didnt really watch them . He cannot defend for his life though.

There is a case for converting him to a winger, wether he can do that idont know. But as a left back he is shockingly bad.