You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2015

WhiskeyJar

It was in De Telegraaf yesterday and is coming from the PSV end. They have given permission to ourselves and PSG to talk to his management. Man U also reported to be interested.

http://m.telegraaf.nl/telesport/voetbal/psv/article/23946092/psv-hoopt-op-klapper-transfer-depay-kan-snel-beklonken-zijn

Bayern Munich are also now in for him according to a local Eindhoven journo.

http://www.ed.nl/sport/voetbal/psv/ook-bayern-münchen-heeft-oogje-op-memphis-depay-1.4870876

Both articles are in Dutch

DT can translate for us.

• Upvote 2

Henderson worth 100k a week? Football is obscene.

I remember when Roy Keane agreed a £50k a week deal with United some time after they'd won the treble. That was the highest salary in the league by some distance at the time. By this summer it'll probably be the average. Yes, football is obscene.

When are the regen release dates?*

*In all seriousness I'd be worried about the amount of experience we are letting go. Our squad is already a young one they need older heads and winning mentalities to guide them otherwise we will just be a powder puff side (more than we already are)

I'd like a new midfield, please. Preferably one that can tackle.

Thanks.

Too '70's.

I think we're on the right track of a dream midfield where everyone pulls down a hundred grand a week, sports the latest barnet, flails about aimlessly and lets the Jack Grealishes and Fabian Delphs pass through like lunch in Mombasa.

We couldn't even compete with the Mancs for players when we were briefly better than them so there's no way we'll be doing it this summer.

We were competing with ourselves last year seeing who we could waste the most money on.

If Sterling left for big money then spending a chunk of it on Depay would make sense. But I don't think we can compete with the Mancs on the wages, if it is a straight choice for the player. It is likely they will have CL to offer too.

Their Dutch manager who took him to the World Cup might have an influence too.

havent seen any of them play but sign one of lacazette sport jacksin browne martinez or memphis tennessee.

whatever money we have lump it all one of them and a midfielder who can make our shit defence look good.

we ve enough defenders wingers 10s and back up strikers for a squad.

So is this Memphis any good then?

Great song possibilities-Walking in Memphis, All the way from Memphis, ..

Put on his blue shite boots and

he boarded the plane

Touched down in the land of the petro-blues

In the middle of the pouring rain

Play 4-3-3. 

Get Can in the middle. With Henderson and Coutinho just ahead. With Sturridge, Sterling and Origi as a front three. (Ibe and Ings to be the main two alternates for the front three based on form and fitness). 

I'm keeping the faith. We have some good players. They have been a bit below what they should be this season, but I think we're going to see some of them kick on next term. The bulk of a decent team is there. 

Play 4-3-3. 

Get Can in the middle. With Henderson and Coutinho just ahead. With Sturridge, Sterling and Origi as a front three. (Ibe and Ings to be the main two alternates for the front three based on form and fitness). 

I'm keeping the faith. We have some good players. They have been a bit below what they should be this season, but I think we're going to see some of them kick on next term. The bulk of a decent team is there. 

Average age about 12. Don't you think we need some proven winners in there mate ?

Play 4-3-3.

need a no.1 striker. sturridge was even more injured this year possibly not helped by the pressure of being the main man. plus hes injured every 4.5 games on average.

he ll thrive again playing alongside someone who takes the pressure off him in terms of goals and even pressing from the front