You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Sturridge-2015

LFC 6 Times

His muscles are fucked, and with them his confidence. He'll never get back on the pitch for us (in a meaningful state anyway). If someone wants to buy him, I'd let him go. If he can't handle working out on the pitch on his own for consecutive days after we've used all the expertise available both in the US and UK, he's finished. the rigours on the body are so extreme now that you'll need (especially as a striker) to be 100 pct to have an impact.

It's so bizarre. Wouldn't shock me if Sturridge announced he's retiring so he can undergo a gender transition and become the woman he dreamed of being since he was a little boy.

As speculation goes, it's as plausible as anything else we've heard.  It would also explain the reticence to discuss detail.  Klopp can hardly come out and say his new flaps are chafing and the New Balance technicians are working on an aloe-injected gusset.

His muscles are fucked, and with them his confidence. He'll never get back on the pitch for us (in a meaningful state anyway). If someone wants to buy him, I'd let him go. If he can't handle working out on the pitch on his own for consecutive days after we've used all the expertise available both in the US and UK, he's finished. the rigours on the body are so extreme now that you'll need (especially as a striker) to be 100 pct to have an impact.

Yeah, I'm all for selling hiim, but not at any price.  Some of the prices being discussed online are ridiculous.  Today the papers are saying West Ham are going to make a bid of 18m.  18m?  That's the going rate of an Andy Carroll these days.  

We're still talking about the best English striker, in the prime of his career.  Sure, the fact that he's injured all the time brings his price down, but it brings it down from the 45m it would be if he had a good fitness record to around 30m.  

Look at it this way - even if he only plays 15 league goals a season, half of those off the bench, he probably still scores 8-10 goals.  You'd struggle to find a consistent 10 league goals/season player for 18m anywhere, and Sturridge is even better because at least while he's injured you can play another player in his place.

If we let him go for less than 25m we are absolute mugs.  30m, even.  I wouldn't mind him being sold but only for that kind of money.

Yeah, I'm all for selling hiim, but not at any price. Some of the prices being discussed online are ridiculous. Today the papers are saying West Ham are going to make a bid of 18m. 18m? That's the going rate of an Andy Carroll these days.

We're still talking about the best English striker, in the prime of his career. Sure, the fact that he's injured all the time brings his price down, but it brings it down from the 45m it would be if he had a good fitness record to around 30m.

Look at it this way - even if he only plays 15 league goals a season, half of those off the bench, he probably still scores 8-10 goals. You'd struggle to find a consistent 10 league goals/season player for 18m anywhere, and Sturridge is even better because at least while he's injured you can play another player in his place.

If we let him go for less than 25m we are absolute mugs. 30m, even. I wouldn't mind him being sold but only for that kind of money.

I have a feeling you're going to be hugely disappointed when we sell him for £12m.

To be honest, I won't be. At this stage its beyond farcical and we need to get what we can for him, get him off the books, and go get a top class striker who isn't scared of his shadow.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I'm all for selling hiim, but not at any price. Some of the prices being discussed online are ridiculous. Today the papers are saying West Ham are going to make a bid of 18m. 18m? That's the going rate of an Andy Carroll these days.

We're still talking about the best English striker, in the prime of his career. Sure, the fact that he's injured all the time brings his price down, but it brings it down from the 45m it would be if he had a good fitness record to around 30m.

Look at it this way - even if he only plays 15 league goals a season, half of those off the bench, he probably still scores 8-10 goals. You'd struggle to find a consistent 10 league goals/season player for 18m anywhere, and Sturridge is even better because at least while he's injured you can play another player in his place.

If we let him go for less than 25m we are absolute mugs. 30m, even. I wouldn't mind him being sold but only for that kind of money.

The wages are the issue.. At £150k a week (£7.8m a year) and 15 league games a season that would be around £500k a game or £780k a goal (10 goals a season).

Yeah, I'm all for selling hiim, but not at any price.

Currently we are looking at a £27m odd wage liability on his contract with a negligible sell on value at the end of it. So any price, may be very good value.

I accept he could come good, but he might not. Statistically when you look at his age, and his playing record, the omens are ominous.

One thing is for certain, and that is that Klopp cannot plan LFC's future assuming he will be available for us.

• Upvote 1

There's nothing wrong with him. He won't play until he's sold or the January transfer window shuts. If the club calls him a malingerer publicly, his price drops to nothing; other clubs know if he's really injured or not.

Sell him at any price - he's a cancer at the club.