You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What's your opinion of Brendan Rodgers?

Paco

What do you think of Brendan Rodgers?  

198 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Brendan Rodgers?

• I despise him
    • even when we were playing great last season, I couldn't stand him
    • he deserves as much credit as anyone for last season
    • he was lucky last season
    • I want him out
    • I hold him responsible for our poor signings this season
    • I have always been embarrassed listening to his interviews
    • he's an excellent manager
    • I love him
    • he gets until at least the end of the season
    • defensively he hasn't a clue
    • last season was down to Suarez
    • I don't mind his chat
    • he overachieved last season
    • he's wasted £100m+ and doesn't deserve another penny
    • he needs backing from the board and money for players in January
    • I trust him to turn it around
    • if we return to playing something close to last seasons football I'll give him another season
    • sack him now, install an interim manager and get simeone, klopp or someone in the summer
    • get rafa now
  2. 2. Should Rodgers be sacked immediately?

We played 352 last season with Sturridge and Suarez up front. I'm also fairly sure we went with one up front and three at the back on a couple of occasions.

Sterling a wide man was also playing as a wb in that system.

A lot of managers will be influenced by Pep it doesn't mean they are going to copy his exact tactics, I take it Rodgers is talking more about his style of play, playing a possession game etc.

Rodgers dont play a posession game ffs.

Talking of anti Liverpool rants, he always was a buffoon;;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/11428626/Jeremy-Clarkson-criticises-Liverpool-as-BBC-bosses-arrive-for-conference.html

Jeremy Clarkson has courted controversy by apparently criticising the people of Liverpool.

Writing in his Sunday Times column, the outspoken Top Gear host complained that food in the city failed to meet his high expectations.

"For lunch I had a Caesar salad that the menu said was done 'our way'," he wrote, adding: "Their way was interesting ... It was like eating a docker's old vest."

He also complained that waiting staff did not know what Tabasco sauce was when asked. Mr Clarkson claims that his comments have been misrepresented by Liverpudlian journalists.

Mr Clarkson's intervention came just as BBC executives arrived in the city for the BBC Worldwide Showcase 2015, an event to sell BBC shows - including Top Gear - to an international audience.

Mr Clarkson went on to say: "People up there earn less, die more quickly, have fewer jobs and live in houses that are worth the square root of sod all."

"For those who live in the south the north has become 'abroad'. Going up there and sitting about sipping pinkie-up earl grey tea while inquiring of the good man on reception where one might avail oneself of some EM Forster reading material is therefore as offensive as driving through Alabama with 'Man love rules OK' on the side of your pick-up."

The local newspaper the Liverpool Echo reported that 'the controversial TV presenter, who is in fact a Northerner himself, continued to slate Liverpool' throughout his article.

However Mr Clarkson fired back, claiming that some of his comments had been taken out of context.

Indeed. It is a variant of 3-4-3. The other way is to have 2 upfront in a more out and out attacking style. Pep Guardiola is using the same system as us.Last season when we had 2 upfront we were generally using a 4-4-2 diamond.

Even if Rodgers did see Peps formation and thought he could use it he still deserves credit for recognising it would work for our team and for making it work.

Criticising him for that (if it is true) is like saying the English clubs deserved no credit in the cl a few years ago when they all started copying rafas tactics in Europe after he had success.The year after we won it playing one up front and defending away teams like manu started doing the same.

Even if Rodgers did see Peps formation and thought he could use it he still deserves credit for recognising it would work for our team and for making it work.

Criticising him for that (if it is true) is like saying the English clubs deserved no credit in the cl a few years ago when they all started copying rafas tactics in Europe after he had success.The year after we won it playing one up front and defending away teams like manu started doing the same.

Er, I said he was a genius for stealing it.

Ok mate, if you believe that I don't know what you've been watching.

Against saints we got dominated and couldn't play our game but in our previous two games especially palace we starved the opposition of the ball.

I will explain for you basic.

Posession is coincidental to rodgers tactics its not how we set up at all.

Rafa was a posession controller.

Mourinho is not.

Pep is a possession controller with exceptions.

Rodgers is closer to mourine with the counter attack attack but there are heavy shades of pep attackingwise.

One thing about pep that he hasnt bought into and avoided implementing is the possession emphasis part. Dont get confused.

Rodgers tactics requires players who are good in posession but definately not possession control based.

There are also elements of slur alec in there also. Manc poo would win games with 43% posession with ace wingers and four top strikers to pick from smashing 4 in on counter attack vs benitez pinning a team back controlling posession and losing 1 0 from a set play. We can count their premier league titles up but admit rafa smashed slur alec in europe and rodgers system has a similar issue. It wouldnt be that way if we were a possession based team. Anyway Im tiring of arguing the obvious from anyone who casually watches a few systems and has saw the above managers put teams out.

If you can show me a post where people who've backed Rodgers have been broadly branded as anything at all, be they shithouses or beauts or whatever, then you'd have a point. 

I was talking in general. Not about a specific thread.

And I don't think I am an especially abusive poster, I'd be pretty surprised and pretty gutted in all honesty if anyone on here thought I was.

I don't think you're an especially abusive poster at all. Though, like most - but not all - on here, you're prone to it, so complaining when some may come your own way is a bit hollow. For me, anyway

I will explain for you basic.

Posession is coincidental to rodgers tactics its not how we set up at all.

Rafa was a posession controller.

Mourinho is not.

Pep is a possession controller with exceptions.

Rodgers is closer to mourine with the counter attack attack but there are heavy shades of pep attackingwise.

One thing about pep that he hasnt bought into and avoided implementing is the possession emphasis part. Dont get confused.

Rodgers tactics requires players who are good in posession but definately not possession control based.

There are also elements of slur alec in there also. Manc poo would win games with 43% posession with ace wingers and four top strikers to pick from smashing 4 in on counter attack vs benitez pinning a team back controlling posession and losing 1 0 from a set play. We can count their premier league titles up but admit rafa smashed slur alec in europe and rodgers system has a similar issue. It wouldnt be that way if we were a possession based team. Anyway Im tiring of arguing the obvious from anyone who casually watches a few systems and has saw the above managers put teams out.

I would say the ideal way Rodgers wants us to play is a possession game, when he first came he tried to implement that style.

Last season we had two world class strikers up front so he was happy to counter as we could just play the ball to those two who could take on a whole defence by themselves.

We still do counter attack at times this season when we are up against things in games but I believe Rodgers sends us out to try and control the ball, pardew after the game was saying that's what we are all about and how we play,

Certain players are hindering us from being able to play the possession game every week but this is the ultimate goal of Rodgers imo.

I would say the ideal way Ridgers wants us to play is a possession game, when he first came he tried to implement that style.

Last season we had two world class strikers up front so he was happy to counter as we could just play the ball to those two who could take on a whole defence by themselves.

We still do counter attack at times this season when we are up against things in games but I believe Rodgers sends us out to try and control the ball, pardew after the game was saying that's what we are all about and how we play,

Certain players are hindering us from being able to play the possession game every week but this is the ultimate goal of Rodgers imo.

Bollocks.

Its arguable he tried to go that way when he lost sturridge but only in response to that and it was a total disaster and I can barely recall a game where we actually did that. We may have arguably been trying to do that but it didnt work.

I dont think you understand the difference between possession based control and a team who have players comfortable in possession who move the ball quickly and emphasize attack.

We dont keep possession for controls sake possession is a means to an end the end being to attack and move.

Rodgers doesnt mind losing the ball because when the other side has the ball it opens them up. Unlike pep who would rather set up controlling possession to thread intricate needle passes through the middle rodgers doesnt like to do that its more about skill than simply passing.

Funnily enough there arent that many good passers of the ball in the team but more skilful players.

Its movement based around creating space for pacy attack not possession.

Outscoring other teams means allowing the other teams possion on the idea we can hurt them more even if they keep the ball for most the game.

Its what wins leagues ask slur aleck.

I think I'm right in saying that Anubis has an issue with Rodgers the man being a liar and not in his role as LFC manager. And he believes he knows the man is a liar by observing his body language on tv.

I think that's right, anyway. Anubis can correct me if I've misunderstood him.

You can't be serious?

Anyone, Anubis or otherwise, who thinks like that and more so actually says it will rightly be pulled up, perhaps even ridiculed.

I think I'm right in saying that Anubis has an issue with Rodgers the man being a liar and not in his role as LFC manager. And he believes he knows the man is a liar by observing his body language on tv.

He (Rodgers) also has the brainpan of a stagecoach tilter.

• Upvote 1

Rodgers dont play a posession game ffs.

So we depend on the oppos scoring OG's for us to win games?

All this he doesnt \ does this, he doesnt make changes \ does make changes blah, blah, blah is just a bit tedious.

Is the guy supposed to select one philosophy and stick with it come hell or high water and be accused of rigid and unable to change?

Or is he supposed to make frequent changes then be accused of being indecisive and not having a settled plan?

So we depend on the oppos scoring OG's for us to win games?

All this he doesnt \ does this, he doesnt make changes \ does make changes blah, blah, blah is just a bit tedious.

Is the guy supposed to select one philosophy and stick with it come hell or high water and be accused of rigid and unable to change?

Or is he supposed to make frequent changes then be accused of being indecisive and not having a settled plan?

Whoah. We are examining whether rodgers system is possession based as you claim. You now say he changes his system all the time. Which is it?

Oh I see you were speaking in colloqial bollocks. Now I grasp your point.

Whoah. We are examining whether rodgers system is possession based as you claim. You now say he changes his system all the time. Which is it?

Oh I see you were speaking in colloqial bollocks. Now I grasp your point.

Yes he changes the system around but like he says the philosophy is always the same.

It seems clear to me from watching us the aim is to keep possession playing out from the back, in some games it doesn't work and we have to play other ways.

Anubis will confirm it but I'm fairly certain this is the way he thinks. He says it earlier in this thread.

A tad simplistic as it's a combination of things he's said, how he's said it, and body language, and over 20 years experience of dealing with people not telling the truth. But essentially correct.

I was talking in general. Not about a specific thread.

I don't think you're an especially abusive poster at all. Though, like most - but not all - on here, you're prone to it, so complaining when some may come your own way is a bit hollow. For me, anyway

I'm not arsed about personal abuse coming my way and I'm not particularly crying about it, I'm saying that it's pathetic given the context, I.e it's being applied with a broad brush to people who simply don't agree about Rodgers.

Go on any other clubs forum and it will open your eyes.

It would be understandable, because football forums are generally full of people slagging other teams and fans off, but go and have a read and compare it to what is said about other clubs.  We are fucking hated and it's largely down to the "scouse" dislike.

Last season on Bluemoon lots of them were saying they would rather Man U win the league than us.  Man Utd were made up to see City win it.  Arsenal Mania, Spurs Fighting Cock, Villa Heroes and Villains all the same.  It's not Geordie cunt this Brummie twat that it's all I hope they beat Liverpool scouse bin dipping cunts etc.  This is obviously the internet and I think RAWK have more than had a hand in it all but it's definitely a reflection of real life.  People generally don't like scousers and LFC is obviously synonymous with scousers.

I'll take your word for other fan forums. I genuinely can't be arsed trolling through them.

Maybe the younger fans these days are more anti LIverpool generally . Certainly that's true of Everton, The older blues that I am mates with are just regular guys and its just banter but some of the vitriol , from both sides it has to be said , is shocking and very regrettably imo.   Outside of the city if some pricks on West Ham forums are slagging us off then so what. West Ham is a great club with a proud history and was representative of working class Londoners who had no truck with the elite at Spurs and Arsenal. Know a couple of regulars there very well and they are genuine football fans .

I just wonder what proportion of the supporters of football clubs post on fan forums. I bet you'll find a small minority of tribal internet warriors make a disproportionate amount of noise. 

I'm not arsed about personal abuse coming my way and I'm not particularly crying about it, I'm saying that it's pathetic given the context, I.e it's being applied with a broad brush to people who simply don't agree about Rodgers.

I really don't know who's doing that. But, even if someone is, generalising is about as old as abuse on internet forums.

I not arsed about personal abuse either but agree it's rather lame. But I believe it is in whatever context it comes in. Not just in this particular thread.