You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer Window 2015

RobbieOR

There was an article by Maddock in the Mirror, this line made me laugh.

"Rodgers needs a striker, for certain, in the January transfer window when he will sell Fabio Borini to Sunderland for around £14million to finance a new face".

Thats right Sunderland are just sat there with £14 Million, and that price hasnt changed at all has it,

And assumes Borini isn't happy to tough it out until an Italian club come calling.

There was an article by Maddock in the Mirror, this line made me laugh.

"Rodgers needs a striker, for certain, in the January transfer window when he will sell Fabio Borini to Sunderland for around £14million to finance a new face".

Thats right Sunderland are just sat there with £14 Million, and that price hasnt changed at all has it,

I'd be shocked if we get anything north of £5m for Borini to be honest

Most likely a fee free loan to an Italian club and we pay all of the wages knowing us.

Not sure I get what you mean. We tried to sell him. We accepted two bids. It had.nothing to do with the club that he didn't go. Not playing him is the manager's decision, not a financial one.

I mean that his value has plummeted in direct proportion to Rodgers spiting of him. Why would any club offer more than a token amount for him now?

I mean that his value has plummeted in direct proportion to Rodgers spiting of him. Why would any club offer more than a token amount for him now?

The stupid thing is if Rodgers had turned around in the summer and said to him "if you stay you're dead to me, you're not even making the bench" then he probably would have gone. Instead he turns Sunderland down and immediately he's starting games in pre-season (gets injured doing so) and is featuring early season. Then Rodgers decides to do his usual and Jimmy Hoffa a player on a whim. 

A loan till the summer and then a token fee in the summer from some Italian club.

The only problem with your argument sadly is that its not certain selling Borini and Balotelli without getting anything in return actually weakens us.

You've just written John Henry's press statement for February 1st.

"There were certain players who weren't contributing and whose presence was detrimental to team morale. By moving them on we have improved the team's prospects just as much as if we had signed new players. We are now looking forward to the rest of the season with confidence."

• Upvote 3

You've just written John Henry's press statement for February 1st.

"There were certain players who weren't contributing and whose presence was detrimental to team morale. By moving them on we have improved the team's prospects just as much as if we had signed new players. We are now looking forward to the rest of the season with confidence."

Less is more, addition by subtraction. Shuffle them cards, boys.

Sell Borini , don't sell Borini ?  Firstly it wont be easy if he doesn't want to leave and his price will have fallen anyway as we are now in the shit.

FSG need to realise that unless we get another striker and a keeper in January this season is going to be a write, off  What was done in the summer is done and we wasted most of the money, They now need to find more . Its the way it works. Chelsea and City wasted squliilions on players on the way to the top . If they haven't got the money or the cojones then fuck off. 

If they haven't got the money or the cojones then fuck off. 

I suspect they will, shortly. Whatever the footballing equivalent is of the law of diminishing returns they're up against it right now. Investing over 200+ million pound to be where they are and being told they have to spend even more, with zero guarantee of success, must be looking like bad business to be in.

Sell Borini , don't sell Borini ?  Firstly it wont be easy if he doesn't want to leave and his price will have fallen anyway as we are now in the shit.

FSG need to realise that unless we get another striker and a keeper in January this season is going to be a write, off  What was done in the summer is done and we wasted most of the money, They now need to find more . Its the way it works. Chelsea and City wasted squliilions on players on the way to the top . If they haven't got the money or the cojones then fuck off. 

That's where the next few games are key. Win them and 4th place looks doable when the window opens. Lose today and why throw good money after bad? You're gambling everything on winning the Europa League then with a manager who hasn't got a clue in Europe. 

I suspect they will, shortly. Whatever the footballing equivalent is of the law of diminishing returns they're up against it right now. Investing over 200+ million pound to be where they are and being told they have to spend even more, with zero guarantee of success, must be looking like bad business to be in.

But they're in up to their necks anyway.  Like buying a puppy,...It's not just for Christmas

Guest Numero Veinticinco

If FSG are fucking off, I want the richest cunts around who want to batter the Man City lot by outspending then. Hashtag shallow and desperate.