You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

These Manc Plane Banners

Section_31

If you know fuck all, why are you repping people for negging people?

You claimed you knew fuck all about the Shamrock Rovers match as well, but were still taking the piss about the subject. Oh that's right, you were joking.

If pleading ignorance and faux indignation at the same time is your go, that's cool. Weird, but cool.

I didn't know anything about the Shamrock Rogers match, as friendlies are not something that I watch. I used to attend them years ago but that was because I wanted to add to the number of football grounds I'd been to.

Serious question now... for the older ones....

I can't pick a point in time when things started changing, but there 'seemed' to be a time in the past when fans just celebrated what their own team did. If you won something, you cheered and if you didn't, you hoped for a change of fortune next season.

Now, everything is about the misfortunes of rivals.

I can remember watching Liverpool and Forest (and Villa for that matter) and wanting an English club to represent us in Europe and show other nations that we still knew how to play the game.

I'm 'thinking' somewhere in the 80's it started to change, but that might be rose coloured specs / age related.

You hear plenty of tales of watching Liverpool one week and Everton the next, or City / United etc... you supported one, and watched the other. But it's all turned so pathetically bitter.

Was it the 80s?

I was on of those who went to both Goodison and Anfield due to a mixed family, I'm 46 and was always a Red but it was just a thing a lot of people did. Like yourself in the European games when I was a kid you supported the English team, well we did.

The animosity towards us in my opinion started when we were rubbish in the early 90's. Years of our supposed arrogance thrown back at us. Others can point to Heysel but I remember the Merseyside Cup Finals and they we're fantastic all around.

Big dogs brought down to earth and others basking in it.

• Upvote 2

Those planes are beyond embarrassing. Especially last night.

It wouldn't be so ridiculous if we'd come second to say Villa or Spurs who United have no real rivalry with (probably because its historically been a guarenteed 6 points each season for them) but trying to jump on the back of Cities glory is so pathetic I don't know where to start - especially as City beat them 7-1 over the 2 games last season, I bet they weren't cheering then! I hope all the City fans tell them to fuck off.

The only thing that worries me is Koptalk or something group of whoppers try doing something similar back next season.

The only thing that worries me is Koptalk or something group of whoppers try doing something similar back next season.

The best way to return the favour is to stick at least 8 past them over the two games next term. On the way to winning the League.

And perhaps getting a nice soft tie away to them in the 3rd round of the Cup, on our way to the double.

If they want to fly over Anfield and take the piss about that next May, bring it on.

Dish it out and don't take it with someone else, Tony.

Blimey O'Reilly.

I'm done exchanging with you.

That's nice.

Enjoy the World Cup, mate.

They're not friendlies, and grounds you probably haven't been to, so all good.

I doubt I'll watch much, if any, of the World Cup this year.

• Upvote 1

Those planes are beyond embarrassing. Especially last night.

It wouldn't be so ridiculous if we'd come second to say Villa or Spurs who United have no real rivalry with (probably because its historically been a guarenteed 6 points each season for them) but trying to jump on the back of Cities glory is so pathetic I don't know where to start - especially as City beat them 7-1 over the 2 games last season, I bet they weren't cheering then! I hope all the City fans tell them to fuck off.

Said on one of the match threads that them cekebrating a city title win is the icing on the cake of their public decline. Just take a minute and think about it, and wonder what a manc would say ten years ago if you told him that in 2014 the only thing he'd have to celebrate is a Manchester city title win.

• Upvote 3

Hilarious, and sad thing is, many of them are disingenuously warped enough to put our not winning the league higher on the list of priorities than their winning it.

Sorry, sorry excuses for football supporters.

Actually supporters is not the right word. 

They're detractors, not supporters.

It's definitely a modern thing,  but I wouldn't label it Manc. The Chavs  would probably hire a dozen helicopters if they had anything to boast about.

Interesting to note that City fans are not the ones rubbing it in after pipping us to the league while the Glams were nowhere. Long may they remain 20+ points beneath us

I don't think it is to be honest, i was a regular on the Kop when Forest where our main rivals and i certainly didn't want the bastards to win anything, i don't recall anyone who did. I think it is a reflection of how close the rivalry is. I was certainly not wanting any of the English clubs to do well in this years CL, however i did want Wigan and Swansea to do well in the Europa Cup.

However i have no explanation for the Blueshite posman debacle. 

#blueshitearen'tthey

I think it's hilarious. Seeing the facade slip from the collective faces of their fanbase is long overdue. They're genuinely going mental, and are in the process of developing the football equivalent of Stockholm Syndrome. Both us and City humiliated them so badly that they've had to find some way of dealing with it.

Them pretending to be pleased with City's title is like accidentally eating dogshit and claiming you meant to do it.

• Upvote 3

My favourite Man United moment of the season wasn't the ill conceived Moyes tenure, or the press conference were he said 'Liverpool are favourites' at Old Trafford or the inevitable bumming that ensued in the aftermath. It wasn't even the jubilation of the Mata signing, which was certain to fire them top 4, or the celebrations against Bayern before they conceded one minute later.

The best moment for me was after they sacked Moyes, Giggs came in as interim manager and won his first game 4-0 against Norwich. Their fans started waxing lyrical about him being cut from the same cloth as Fergie, Lindegaard came out and said "Giggs is the next Pep Guardiola" and they all started to believe they were out of the woods. Fast forward to the very next game were they lose 0-1 at home to Sunderland.  

That's the moment right there, that's when the veil slipped. Moyes may as well of been a bird turning to her distraught boyfriend saying "it isn't me, it's YOU". So let them fly their stupid planes if they choose too, it's only a means to mask their pain. I can guarantee you they're all inwardly crushed with how this seasons panned out, especially seeing as the sleeping giant has returned to the top table of english football.

• Upvote 4

I think City fans know this season was neck and neck, and in truth, it wasn't far short of tossing a coin to decide where the title went. It might not look all that close in the history books, but it was.

I suppose all clubs have their morons, and whilst I'm not trying to defend United, the reality is, they really do have an entire generation who don't know what losing is like. And even their older fans have had 25 years of success, so they really are in shock.

In a strange way, City fans are still in shock too... it still not REALLY sunk it that we are a bloody good side now (don't want to get into a money argument). Although younger kids are already getting a bit above themselves with confidence at City.

For that generation of United fans though, they are like the street bully who's been riding one of the other kid's bikes for so long, he almost believes it's his bike. When someone else wants a ride, they get upset, and when they realise it never WAS their bike in the first place, they feel humiliated. They don't even have a bike any more, and see other kids riding around on theirs. You pretty much predict what the reaction will be... vandalise the other kids bikes. 

That is effectively what they are trying to do in mocking other clubs.

It really isn't all United fans, but plenty of them are still coming to terms with change. It's going to take some time before they accept it.

• Upvote 4

They're full of an unhealthy amount of hate and bile. 

My mate introduced me to his mate (a little older than both of us) a while ago and we got on brilliantly, until he brought up 'the beautiful game' (as he put it)

'Do you follow the beautiful game Adebisi mate?'

Course I do mate. Fucking love the soccerball..

'Who is you follow pal?'

Before I could answer my mate chirps up 'He's a Liverpool fan this lad! Can't you tell? He's a scouser born and bred!' (My mate isn't a football fan, just doesn't like the idea I don't support our local team and always gives me stick for it)

'Please tell me he's fucking having me on Adebisi? You don't support that lot do you?' His face looking like he's just taken a bite of a shit sandwich without the bread

Yeah mate.. Why? What's the problem?

'Ah nothing pal, just thought better of you is all'

He seemed half joking but for the rest of the evening it was like he changed to a different bloke. The craic wasn't flowing as freely and he'd be looking round the pub or check his phone when I spoke. Half an hour earlier, not even an hour after meeting me he said I was 'Sound as a bell and everything (my mate) said you'd be' 

When I got up to go he said goodbye and everything, but it was in that condescending tone daft cunts do. Bizarre situation. Especially considering he wasn't even from Manchester himself. Man united fans are just weird goons, no other explanation. I genuinely don't think I've met a sound one in my life. I know sound people who say they support them but don't know the first thing about football, but a passionate Man united fan is always trouble in my experience. 

Slightly off topic, but I've had a few looks at Blue Moon lately and, seriously, the amount of bitter, twisted shit being written about the club is mental.  Streets removed from anything I've seen on here re other clubs.  It actually reminds me of a United forum.

too many morons on it, like RAWK, only whereas RAWK is over policed, Bluemoon's the opposite.

Genuine City fans don't have internet. 

• Upvote 2