You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sakho

Pureblood

Selling Sakho  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Would it be a mistake to sell him?

Something must have gone wrong in the communication for the first goal.   It looks like Sakho steps up but Lovren stays?  I'm no expert on defensive soccer play but that doesn't seem right to me.  

No problem with that as such, Lovren stays at the half way line.

When Sakho is in the opposition half, Lovren needs to close down Vardy while Sakho's getting back.  Unfortunatly Lovren lets Vardy shoot instead of pressing him.

When Sakho is in the opposition half, Lovren needs to close down Vardy while Sakho's getting back.  Unfortunatly Lovren lets Vardy shoot instead of pressing him.

It would help immeasurably if our goalkeeper wasn't shit scared of his own shadow and could bark some orders and organise the cunts.

Mongolet couldn't organise his fucking sock drawer.

• Upvote 2

I get that Lovren should perhaps throw himself in to try and block but I don't see how Vardy should be allowed all of that space in the first place.  

I think we do have to remember what these lads have in front of them. The midfield offers nothing defensively and less as a get out when building from the back. Our travails in defence and attack stem from the midfield.

Haha.

"What about Lucas?"

Joke.

All of our successes have been built on a strong and dominant midfield. We've had average players in other positions yet remained successful. No one is telling me that Craig Johnson , Joey Jones, Muchael Robinson and tons of others were great players, but they didn't have to be.

our recent successes were built around hyypia henchoz carra and hamann.

at the minute we have the equivalent of babb kvarme staunton and ince.

lucas is offering zero protection to the centre back so should not be in the team.

of course if we took our chances at the other end instead of trying to walk it in we might get away with it more often.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE MIDFIELD EVERYONE!

FOR I AM THE WRONGVEST, SUPREME EXPERT OF THE MIDFIELD! ENOUGH OF THIS - BRING BACK POULSEN!

But there's nothing wrong with our midfield, eh?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

The midfield is shite, it can't be denied.

So is the defence.

So is the attack.

They are all shite.

Dynasties are built on midfields. I think our defence and attack would look significantly less shit if we had a proper set up in midfield. That's not to say we don't need some new players in there, because we definitely do.

Really poor lately and it cannot be denied.

Our team lacks leaders,a deliberate policy instigated by our former manager to make sure he was in charge,I am certain.

One good thing to come out of this is that Klopp has plenty of time to see how shite the whole squad is and will hopefully do his best to remedy this in the Summer.

Dynasties are built on midfields. I think our defence and attack would look significantly less shit if we had a proper set up in midfield. That's not to say we don't need some new players in there, because we definitely do.

I agree with you up to a point, but I think it's also fair to say the midfield would look a lot less shite without a dire defence and keeper behind them.

I also think bringing in a couple of quality centre mids wouldn't make Lallana, Benteke, Ibe etc... Much less wasteful than they are now.

I'd say some of the greatest teams in history were built on defence, same to say some were built on their midfield.

But for this league in the here and now the attack is arguably the most important thing. A couple of dangerous players like Vardy and Mahrez and you're top of the league. That isn't talking down the contribution of players like Kante to them but a couple of fast, dangerous players in attack are probably worth more to you than centre mids or centre backs at the moment.