You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool vs Man City (Apr 13 2014)

WhiskeyJar

I couldn't give a shit how expensive their squad is. Without Toure and Aguero, their first team isn't any more talented than ours. Hell even with them it isn't. My issue is not with how they got back into the game, but how we let them. There's a difference between getting beaten by quality and getting beaten because players are just standing around and not working hard to pick up runners, or press the ball carrier. I woulnd't have minded the former as much.

In any case I will say it's a fucking fantastic effort to beat City 3-2 when we really only played about 35 mins. Imagine if we played the full 90!

Now for 10 man Swansea to keep out Chelski.

we only played 30 odd minutes against arsenal everton and spurs but we scored enough goals to put us out of sight and none of those teams are as good as city. thats the difference. city are a great side.

• Upvote 1

There's no doubt there was a drop in performance after half time, but i was not surprised at all, in fact i said it would happen. And it wasn't just the players, it was the crowd too. However i don't blame a single person for that, after the emotion and effort that went into that first 50 minutes followed by a half times rest it was more likely to happen than not. I'm just so glad and admired them so much for getting back up for that last 20 minutes, it was brilliant.

Wow!!

Still calming down.

Rodgers and Gerrard gave great interviews on Sky.

I especially liked the way Rodgers handled the Hillsborough question.

I thought Sturridge looked a little nervy today. Coutinho was a little terrier - where did that come from?

Come on you mighty reds!

I couldn't give a shit how expensive their squad is. Without Toure and Aguero, their first team isn't any more talented than ours. Hell even with them it isn't. My issue is not with how they got back into the game, but how we let them. There's a difference between getting beaten by quality and getting beaten because players are just standing around and not working hard to pick up runners, or press the ball carrier. I woulnd't have minded the former as much.

In any case I will say it's a fucking fantastic effort to beat City 3-2 when we really only played about 35 mins. Imagine if we played the full 90!

Now for 10 man Swansea to keep out Chelski.

You haven't a clue about how difficult it is do you?

I think Studge and Suarez were feeling the pressure today. You could from their first touches and not being as confident as previous games. That's ok. Once we win the title and try gain that winners confidence then I reckon they'll step up another gear. Who's knows what they'll be capable of.

• Upvote 1

Coutinho and Sterling have to be two of the hardiest little fuckers you'd ever see on the pitch. Gerard's huddle at the end was inspiring stuff.

Fair play to everyone today. And I mean everyone....players, manager, staff, fans, online terrorists, the whole fucking lot of us. This is what it means to be a Red.

• Upvote 3

That was much more than a game of footie today.

3 of us coming home from the game never spoke a word to each other. Absolutely shattered.

So proud of the red men coming back to win the game after everything that had gone before.

Fucks sake to hear about our captain tearful at the final whistle was enough to see me off.

We don't fuck about here. We are Liverpool

City and Chelsea away he cost us,today he nearly did again which would have cost us the title.

He should never have let that goal in and booted the ball to a city player in the first half that nearly put them through one on one.

The other big games we have battered the other team and he hasn't been worked, people gave up on dudek after one game against the mancs, I cant ignore the fact mignolet nearly lost us the title today.

Your must long for the days where we dominated possession only for the lone shot Reina faced to go in: resulting in another loss/draw. 

Give it a rest, you're allowed to have your opinion, but it's misplaced today. You're going to rag on Migs, but not mentioned Kompany's fuck up that led to our winning goal? Mistakes happen. It's football FFS. 

• Upvote 1

Devastation set in for me at 2-2 I thought that was the end, good comeback and Allen was key to that Imo.

I want mignolet gone now he nearly cost us the title by bottling it against one of the big teams, he cant be trusted and a team that plays from the back cant have a keeper not comfortable on the ball.

The boys better not let Stevie down either we saw what it meant to him at the end of the game and part of my title dream involves Gerrard lifting it.

Mate - just fucking enjoy the moment. City are a top class side but we beat them and got three points.  That was all of our players playing together as a team. They have kept the dream alive.

Now is not the time for agenda driven comments.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Massive chip on their shoulder about us. Fucking insignificant bellends

I respect their team. Their fans are on my shit list