You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

Remy would not be a starter here and i hope we dont sign him

I'm not totally convinced Lallana improves our first XI.  But he'll give us options and depth, like Remy would.

It is hard to improve on Suarez, Sturridge, Sterling and Coutinho in attack / attacking midfield roles, without spending a fortune on fee or wages.

• Upvote 1

****NEWSFLASH****

A internet hard man has escaped from custody. Have you seen this man? He was last spotted on Liverpool FC fans forum "the Liverpool Way" launching a scathing attack on popular stormtrooper cum forumite "TK-421". Local police have issued a warning: "If you see him DO NOT approach him. He is guaranteed to bore you to tears and has been suspected of actually boring grown men to death. This highly tedious individual is a threat to the general public and needs to be handled by skilled professionals trained in the art of boredom relief. A reward of $5,000,000,000 is available for anyone who can make him shut the fuck up and log out of the forum for more than ten seconds".

I think Willian is good, but he hasn't performed like you'd expect a £30m player to perform, in my opinion. Not surprised we wouldn't go over that amount, because apparently his agent fee and signing fee were ridiculous. Would have liked him, but that money for him was OTT, in my opinion.

He looks like a £30 million Chelsea/City/PSG/Monaco player. I'm not saying we should or could have paid that (plus the additionals you mention). But he maintained his form through the season far better than Oscar and even Hazard...

Willian's not all that, granted he works his bollix off and is a good dribbler but he doesn't have that touch of class or composure to break down stubborn defences.

I think he would look a lot better in a team like ours, he likes to play a passing game in tight areas and a few of the Chelsea team don't seem on the same wavelength.

He would have linked up superbly with players like Suarez and coutinho and the fact that players like lampard and terry have been raving about him says something considering the top players they played with over the years there.

I think he would look a lot better in a team like ours, he likes to play a passing game in tight areas and a few of the Chelsea team don't seem on the same wavelength.

He would have linked up superbly with players like Suarez and coutinho and the fact that players like lampard and terry have been raving about him says something considering the top players they played with over the years their.

I look at it in the sense that he would have stunted Sterling's development, I get the argument for depth and rotation but what we have seen with Raheem is a huge benefit from being consistent starts, had he been in and out of the team who knows what could have happened. In November a lot of people were righting him off now we have a £30 million player on our hands for the next 12 years.

Be interested to see how Ibe has come on if he's back here next year.  Very unfair to judge him by Raheem's standards - not many are ever ready to be a first-team option at such an age, so he may be best served with another loan or two.

If he is anywhere near ready coming back and being part of our squad for 2014-2015, then we've been blessed with a couple of superb deals there of the type I had given up hope of us completing. 

Yet we're still content with wasting 7/8million a piece of shit like Aspas and Alberto.

I'm happy to give the benefit of the doubt to Rodgers and FSG with this now, and I don't think FSG would see any value in spunking whatever money we have on 3/4/5 players again, when we get absolutely nothing in return. I'm convinced there is no way that will happen again, or make up our transfer strategy.

We don't need any more transfer shenanigans this summer. Micky Taryan, Sally and William are gone now. Let's look to the future.

IIori will be a top player, hopefully for us. Ibe has everything in his game to be as good as Stirling.

Aspas is a good lad just not good enough. Borini has come on and can do a job here if necessary.

Alberto has obvious quality but lacks passion IMO. Cissokho is not as bad as is made but not good enough for us now. Moses is lazy bastard like Johnson and can fuck off.

Try and loan out Wisdom and Ilori for 6 months to PL sides too. 

Can you do that?  Think Premiership loans have to be season long don't they?

But can he play that role. I don't remember him being able to pass that well or being very mobile, and Brendan doesn't seem to want his kind of midfielder. Maybe to manage our defence as centre half, otherwise I just don't see it, no matter how I loved him in Rafa's 2008-9 side.

He can pass, but it was probably wasted on him chasing the ball all over the pitch when he was here. The defensive issues we had this season wasn't just because our back four wasn't good enough, because in my opinion they didn't get much help from the central midfield either.

• Upvote 1

He can pass, but it was probably wasted on him chasing the ball all over the pitch when he was here. The defensive issues we had this season wasn't just because our back four wasn't good enough, because in my opinion they didn't get much help from the central midfield either.

They said on the Guardian podcast that we had made a significantly higher number of individual mistakes that had lead to a goal than any other team in the league.

I don't want to play an extra holding midfielder, we just need a commanding centreback. Throw Kompany and a top left back in this team and we win the league last season.

Next season we don't necessarily need loads of better players in midfield and attack but we just need players of equal quality that we can bring in. Defensively though we can improve

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Lallana is a top player.

Ronaldo, Suarez, Toure, Messi... These are rop players. Lallana is a good player who might be really good for us in the system we play.

IMO.