You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

To pay £20 million for a striker he would be someone who you'd expect to play a fair bit. If Bony played for us, we'd have to totally change how we play. I just don't see it happening. The manager bought Lambert as a plan b. I just don't see us signing him unless we're about to change how we play.

• Upvote 1

I see everyone is desperate for a striker but I think a top attacking midfielder would be a bigger benefit to us.

If we don't get a proven one we are relying on a young player in sterling to continue his consistency from last season, coutinho to start showing some and markovic a young player to hit the ground running.

Sanchez would have been the perfect option and I would like us to keep looking for this kind of player.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I see everyone is desperate for a striker but I think a top attacking midfielder would be a bigger benefit to us.

If we don't get a proven one we are relying on a young player in sterling to continue his consistency from last season, coutinho to start showing some and markovic a young player to hit the ground running.

Sanchez would have been the perfect option and I would like us to keep looking for this kind of player.

I think we've already bought our idea of a top midfielder....Adam Lallana.  

Sanchez is not a 'top attacking midfielder', he's one of those that is ideal as one of the wide forwards in a front three. I agree that we need to look for somebody in that role who can offer a goal threat, and ideally I'd prefer that somebody to have a bit of experience rather than be yet another highly talented 20 year old. Younger players will develop better if they have a few more experienced heads around them. Not an 'old' player as such but somebody approaching their so-called peak years. Remy wouldn't have been my top choice but he does fit the criteria I've mentioned.

• Upvote 1

We need a forward.

If they're cheap-ish, it doesn't matter if they're limited to playing as a traditional number nine as they'd be rotated in as cover for Sturridge. However, if we're paying £20m  - as touted for Bony - you'd expect someone who'd be playing most games and capable of slotting in anywhere across the front line. 

Sanchez is not a 'top attacking midfielder', he's one of those that is ideal as one of the wide forwards in a front three. I agree that we need to look for somebody in that role who can offer a goal threat, and ideally I'd prefer that somebody to have a bit of experience rather than be yet another highly talented 20 year old. Younger players will develop better if they have a few more experienced heads around them. Not an 'old' player as such but somebody approaching their so-called peak years. Remy wouldn't have been my top choice but he does fit the criteria I've mentioned.

I should have said attacking midfielder/wide player whichever we could get that's world class,agree with everything you said and someone like Reus would be the dream but very unlikely.

We need a forward.

If they're cheap-ish, it doesn't matter if they're limited to playing as a traditional number nine as they'd be rotated in as cover for Sturridge. However, if we're paying £20m  - as touted for Bony - you'd expect someone who'd be playing most games and capable of slotting in anywhere across the front line. 

Prices are nuts now though. 20m for a striker who can score 20+ goals a season is cheap these days. Ross McCormack was 11m ! Sunderland want to pay us 14m for Borini.

we ll make a move a move fir someone that only a few will have heard of like diego costa or mkitaryan last summer or konoplyanka in january. hope we get another attacker. sturridge lambert and remy I woulda been happy with but sturridge and lambert I should say oy brendan no.

With Origi to come in next season there's no way we sign two strikers, at a push we might loan one but I'd say it is more likely that we get an out and out striker and maybe a wide forward if an opportunity presents it's self.

I would rather have that than one player who can play a couple of positions. Bony and someone like Konoplyanka  would do me.

We should have been all over that deal Imo and if we end up with bony Ill be devastated.

Tony bellew posted a pic on twitter the day Everton signed him with a list of players and their league goals by the age of 21, Lukaku leads the list ahead of some top players like neymar, eto and I think even messi amongst other big names.

When 33 of them goals have been in Belgium compared to the likes of Fowler,Owen etc that scored in England and the fact the list was current players only id take it with a pinch of salt

Lukaku 65 in 149(33 in Belgium)

Fowler 65 in 108

• Upvote 2

Prices are nuts now though. 20m for a striker who can score 20+ goals a season is cheap these days. Ross McCormack was 11m ! Sunderland want to pay us 14m for Borini.

True, prices are inflated, and £20m for a striker capable of 20 goals a season isn't a bad deal. The issue with Bony is whether he suits us though. We'd be paying for a player who arguably doesn't match our style of play, wouldn't get the games centrally to hit anywhere near 20 goals, and doesn't operate well enough out wide. In that light, £20m looks steep.

These Hummels rumours are pissing me off. If it's true Dortmund will only do business if we loan them Llori, I hope to God we are working on a deal to loan him to Spain immediately.

Big players only go to Champions League clubs. Yeah. Fuck off.

These Hummels rumours are pissing me off. If it's true Dortmund will only do business if we loan them Llori, I hope to God we are working on a deal to loan him to Spain immediately.

Big players only go to Champions League clubs. Yeah. Fuck off.

Hummels isn't going to Man U. Both him and Kopp have said he isn't leaving.