You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

9 hours ago, Arniepie said:

Yep.

They literally had her pinned on the floor,then by then throat,then sprayed her in the car...and they didn't even get a fucking warning

Unbelievable  

And that wasn't even the worst aspect of that episode, the one who knowingly took advantage of a drunk woman whilst on duty (despite knowing this was totally against the rules) and then got away with it scot free after saying it was PTSD and all down to the woman taking advantage of him (and then of course he retired on full pension) was in equal parts shocking as it was predictable. 

Under the Banner of Heaven 

Based on the true story of a double murder in 1984 within the Mormon community. I thought it was very very good, especially the last episode. Andrew Garfield is superb in it and Daisy Edgar Jones is brilliant as ever as well. Good cast, horrific story and further proof that fundamentalism within any religion is absolutely fucking batshit. It’s on ITVX. Easy 8/10 

• Upvote 1

Our Flag Means Death

Sort of like What We Do In The Shadows but with pirates. Most of the first season is mildly entertaining, then it turns into some gay love story. 

11 hours ago, Total Longo said:

And that wasn't even the worst aspect of that episode, the one who knowingly took advantage of a drunk woman whilst on duty (despite knowing this was totally against the rules) and then got away with it scot free after saying it was PTSD and all down to the woman taking advantage of him (and then of course he retired on full pension) was in equal parts shocking as it was predictable. 

She just got his cock out and there was nothing he could do

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Total Longo said:

Just watched all 3 now. Predators everywhere.

I may have said before but we binned a lad off from our place after we found out he had been binned off from the Police for this sort of stuff. Think he is on trial this year.

I’ve just finished Love/Hate, good work GF, I loved it, thought it was a real gem. 

I did however, have to put subtitles on for the last 2 seasons as I was lost when Patrick and his mates were chatting away. 

So many nasty cunts in it, it’s hard to pick a favourite but Fran was a right cunt. 

I also enjoyed it much more than Kin, which could cause a forum war between our Irish brethren. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

You are late to this one mate. About 5 series to watch and they are mostly very good. 

I know, had never heard of it until a few pages back.  Is it an anthology?

2 hours ago, TheBitch said:

I’ve just finished Love/Hate, good work GF, I loved it, thought it was a real gem. 

I did however, have to put subtitles on for the last 2 seasons as I was lost when Patrick and his mates were chatting away. 

So many nasty cunts in it, it’s hard to pick a favourite but Fran was a right cunt. 

I also enjoyed it much more than Kin, which could cause a forum war between our Irish brethren. 

When people suggested it was better than Kin before I watched it all I scoffed. If Kin ever had 5 seasons I expect it will be better but Love/Hate is fucking superb. Agreed, not one likeable character (Tommy is quite sound actually) but that adds to it. Nidge though….. fucking Nidge. 

2 minutes ago, Elite said:

I know, had never heard of it until a few pages back.  Is it an anthology?

Sort of but it's made in different eras and it goes backwards and forwards with the series. There is a Boardwalk Empire type series with loads of nudity and then an 80s,70s and 90s or 2000s one too. Not many characters are in all of them but one or two transcend them,I think.

• Upvote 1

On 06/03/2024 at 08:32, Total Longo said:

His name was Lee Cocking, I'm not saying that's an excuse but he must have felt some sense of obligation.

• Haha 1

To catch a copper

Eps 2 and 3

Thought the girl on the bus was a dickhead but the way they treated the lad with the bleed on the brain was disgraceful.

I honestly don't know why there isn't a totally independent body which investigates them.

8/10

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

Masters of the Air is getting better. Amazing sets and battle scenes. They have spent a huge amount of cash. 

I like it, but it feels like they are trying to cover too much. It feels rushed, particularly ep 8.

Band of Brothers was great because it chose to focus on particular moments in the war, whereas this seems like it is trying to cram lots of perspectives into each episode and not really doing any of them justice. It's not bad, but I can't help but feel it could have been better.

10 hours ago, M_B said:

I like it, but it feels like they are trying to cover too much. It feels rushed, particularly ep 8.

Band of Brothers was great because it chose to focus on particular moments in the war, whereas this seems like it is trying to cram lots of perspectives into each episode and not really doing any of them justice. It's not bad, but I can't help but feel it could have been better.

I agree it’s a bit rushed. Need to have the discipline of the original German Das Boot, tv series. Sometimes whole 30 minute episodes where not much happened. That was bold tv.