You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stoke(A) Match Thread

LFC 6 Times

Gerrard's only positive has been clattering into Walters.

Henderson only too happy to play a two inch pass to Gerrard rather than taking responsibility and passing or surging forward himself like he was doing to brilliant effect when Gerrard was out. As depressing and predictable as night following day.

I enjoyed Adam's celebration mime of peeling off the readies to pay for nine buckets of Kentucky Fried Chicken.

I honestly don't get our midfield set up. Why is Gerrard playing DM? I just don't fucking get it. FFS play him further up field when we're in possession.

They are still due their corner goal so we need at least one more to get a point here. I really hope Sturridge is up for playing at least 30 mins.

Why does Gerrard continually play into the opposition hands by giving them the ball over and over. We're 2-0 up, calm the fuck down. When Allen is fit again I'd seriously dropping Gerrard for away games.

He's definitely over complicated his play today. Every time he passes he tries for a forward game breaker. Just keep it simple, be patient and more than likely we'll find a weakness. Poor play from him with the ball.

On the plus side though his defending has been very good.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Gerrard's only positive has been clattering into Walters.

Henderson only too happy to play a two inch pass to Gerrard rather than taking responsibility and passing or surging forward himself like he was doing to brilliant effect when Gerrard was out. As depressing and predictable as night following day.

Exactly.  With Gerrard on the pitch Henderson goes into his shell.  He looks to pass to him all the time.  It's what caused the 2nd goal.

• Upvote 1

I honestly don't get our midfield set up. Why is Gerrard playing DM? I just don't fucking get it. FFS play him further up field when we're in possession.

Lucas seems to be playing further forward ffs

They are still due their corner goal so we need at least one more to get a point here. I really hope Sturridge is up for playing at least 30 mins.

Gerrard is probably my all time favourite player but we're just not cutting it these days when he plays. Predictably the pundits were creaming themselves about him starting today but I had one of those horrible feelings you get when you know our midfield is going to make Stoke look like Real fucking Madrid.

He's definitely over complicated his play today. Every time he passes he tries for a forward game breaker. Just keep it simple, be patient and more than likely we'll find a weakness. Poor play from him with the ball.

On the plus side though his defending has been very good.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

He's been doing this since he was a pup. It's why we have never controlled a midfield with him playing there. Sorry to say but he's a brainless footballer. 

It's all this bollocks of urging players to put the ball back to the centre halves then keeper that does my head in, it's always look back before looking forward and Gerrard is a massive culprit. Rest of the team don't look like they want any responsibilities because Gerrard is back.

Coutinho should have been non stop working on his shooting/finishing for the past few weeks and the fact Skrtel is still ragging people all over the place can only be attributed to Rodgers not telling him to pack it in.

The 3 in central midfield are all over the shop.

Gerrard started well in front of the centrebacks but looked all over the place last 10 minutes.

Lucas lacks any real drive or creativity plus he looks lost playing further forward.

Henderson has had a fucking nightmare. Gave the ball away loads and fucked up for the second goal.

Really needs a shake up. Maybe bring Sturridge on for Lucas, drop Coutinho inside and put Suarez on the left. Have a go at them, they look shit at the back

People need to calm the fuck down. We have been pegged back by two very good goals whilst they have gifted us two. Poor defending maybe but shit happens and if we are to get anything out of this league season we have to deal with situations like this  All square and all to play for. Bit of composure in the second half and we will win this .

Neither Gerrard, Lucas or Skrtel are individually the problem, but collectively they're mismatched. We end up with two midfielders without the legs to close down properly and a CB who runs away.

Any one of them would be decent with the right players around them, but together they're a bit shite.

Pull Hendo further back and stick Sturidge on.

People need to calm the fuck down. We have been pegged back by two very good goals whilst they have gifted us two. Poor defending maybe but shit happens and if we are to get anything out of this league season we have to deal with situations like this  All square and all to play for. Bit of composure in the second half and we will win this .

Someone always says this but we still end up losing.