You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

He's not impressed with him is SteveO. Likes talking about him though!

I've seen salah twice this season and he's been massively disappointing both times unfortunately. Against city he showed pace but also that he's not cut out or this league, no intelligence, can't pass, can't cross, one footed. Same last night.

Sandro will be the better purchase.

In alll honesty he's confirmed his mediocrity as far as I'm concerned. He's quick but that's it. He's bang average.

Liverpool have won two games this season. One against a team with zero points and another when Arsenal were being ultra Arsenal.

Salah's performance against City was abysmal. He obviously had the legs on Otamendi but literally every single time he fluffed the good opportunity tha this pace afforded him. He's a less talented Navas.

Dzeko got twice as many goals as him last season.

Serie A is a shadow of it's shadow these days. Did you see his performance against City? Were they impressed on RAWK?

Time after time he had the ball in a dangerous position but either didn't know what to do or simply wasn't good enough to do it.

Quick, definitely quick. But definitely average unfortunately. Liverpool are hundreds of millions of pounds in debt so they need their big money signings to be successful but I think they've made a boo boo here unfortunately.

SteveO has been chatting about Salah AGAIN,

Steve0

Steve0

Player Valuation: £25m

Salah has been awful hasn't he? I called it when they bought him and I'm being proven 100% correct. Scored a couple but his crossing, passing, positional awareness, footballing brain etc have to be one of the worst in the league.

It's a shame because he was bought for tens of millions of pounds by a club that's hundreds of millions of pounds in debt. The repercussions of such awful transfers can be catastrophic (Leeds, Portsmouth etc).

This transfer was compounded by signing an even worse player (in the last year of his contract) for the same money.

Tick tock.

• Upvote 1

Good player, adds another point to our attack, offers pace, assists and goals. Six goals already and could easily get twenty for the year, which won't be bad at all for a non-central player who, according to many, can't finish.

Yes, he misses chances, but come on! Salah is the least of our worries.

If we are looking at the front three, Firmino comes into view. We all know the score - not an out and out striker, but a deep lying forward who tracks back, presses, and helps knit it all together. When he's on form we see it, but when he's not quite on form we look at the lack of goals in relation to other strikers who are more prolific.

It might need a change there to a more prolific scorer who also works hard, but not before sorting the defence and also bringing Keita into the fold. Klopp has a team in mind that he's forming and it's not quite there yet.

Just going by the law of averages he's going to have a spell soon where everything he touches goes in. His misses earlier in the season I felt were down to poor finishing only (as in a weak shot or bad shot selection). Recently though I think he's just been a bit unlucky. The rebound he put wide last week could have went anywhere really and the header the other night was brilliant movement and it was a really good header from a fairly powerful cross. They aren't easy to direct and he did well to get it on target and obviously went for power instead of precise direction which in my opinion was the right choice.

Mo isn't particularly clinical , but the biggest worry in this sphere is surely Firmino. I like him & he is certainly worth a squad place , but unless he sharpens up his goalscoring we can't keep playing him just because he works hard. Surely it isn't beyond the committee nerds to find a hard working central forward who scores as well.

Am i still being too critical of his game? Maybe i'm going fucking mad but the weaknesses in his game far outweigh the positives when i watch him.

He does 1 good thing and then 4 bad things. 

Great header against Leicester then gave the ball away so cheaply for the vardy penalty, one pass and the opposition got clean through. 

Missed a few good chances against CSKA and final pass let him down time and time again. Missed a sitter of a header at the end too. 

Yesterday, broke through, great pass to Mane, got the return...completely missed the ball. Countless times his touch has let him down at the crucial moments. Over running the ball or simply making a bad pass or wrong decision when clean through. Missed another golden chance 2nd half. 

Mane also seems to be much less effective on the left. Still good, but nowhere near as dangerous as he is on the right.

Are we building our team around Salah's pace? Because we work him into some fantastic positions, you can't even blame our shit midfield or other attackers on this one. Against city first 30 minutes, against newcastle first 30 minutes, against CSKA 1st half. We have got him clean through countless times, with very little end product from him.

In all of those games you HAVE to punish teams when you are getting in behind them as much as we have done.  I know his pace get's him there but the timing of the pass and team shape is also crucial. That's when you must be ruthless in finishing or passing to a team mate to create a clear cut chance. He does neither. 

Teams at the professional level won't keep letting you get into those positions for 90 minutes.

I don't hate him but i do think we aren't anywhere near as ruthless this season. I'm not just talking about scoring goals, im talking about the quality of chances we now create. It's gone down a level. 

Is nobody else noticing this in his game or am i being way to critical so early?

• Downvote 3

Great header against Leicester then gave the ball away so cheaply for the vardy penalty, one pass and the opposition got clean through.

In that instance, he was being held back by the Leicester player, and the shit referee let it go.

Generally though, he is making a huge effort to be involved in the attacking third, alternating between staying out wide, running in behind, acting as playmaker and even being the furthest man forward. It's been mentioned that he is reluctant to use his right foot to make the most of situations, but being critical I'd say he isn't ruthless enough. He has scored 6-7 already but could so easy be into double figures. I'd be more alarmed if he stopped getting into threatening positions.

Am i still being too critical of his game? Maybe i'm going fucking mad but the weaknesses in his game far outweigh the positives when i watch him.

Missed a few good chances against CSKA and final pass let him down time and time again. Missed a sitter of a header at the end too. 

Yesterday, broke through, great pass to Mane, got the return...completely missed the ball. Countless times his touch has let him down at the crucial moments. Over running the ball or simply making a bad pass or wrong decision when clean through. Missed another golden chance 2nd half. 

Mane also seems to be much less effective on the left. Still good, but nowhere near as dangerous as he is on the right.

Are we building our team around Salah's pace? Because we work him into some fantastic positions, you can't even blame our shit midfield or other attackers on this one. Against city first 30 minutes, against newcastle first 30 minutes, against CSKA 1st half. We have got him clean through countless times, with very little end product from him.

In all of those games you HAVE to punish teams when you are getting in behind them as much as we have done.  I know his pace get's him there but the timing of the pass and team shape is also crucial. That's when you must be ruthless in finishing or passing to a team mate to create a clear cut chance. He does neither. 

Teams at the professional level won't keep letting you get into those positions for 90 minutes.

I don't hate him but i do think we aren't anywhere near as ruthless this season. I'm not just talking about scoring goals, im talking about the quality of chances we now create. It's gone down a level. 

Is nobody else noticing this in his game or am i being way to critical so early?

Fuck's sake. And I thought we played Spartak Moscow not cska?

• Upvote 1

In all of those games you HAVE to punish teams when you are getting in behind them as much as we have done. I know his pace get's him there but the timing of the pass and team shape is also crucial. That's when you must be ruthless in finishing or passing to a team mate to create a clear cut chance. He does neither.

I think he's dreadful, he's just been lucky with a few tap ins so far. That will quickly dry up soon and we will be left with another shit player who doesn't score
  • Downvote 4