You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

McParland and Borrell sacked?

redfromtubebar

Here was me thinking it was a good thing we've sent a promising young player out to get some much needed first team football.

He'll come back here a better player. I don't see why he'd want to leave more than any other young player who goes out on loan. I'd like to see more of this with Sterling and Ibe getting some game time out on loan.

• Upvote 1

Guest San Don

Cant see where all this optimism about Suso is coming from to be honest. Coutinho's a classic example of why Suso was sent out on loan. Coutinho albeit a year or two older(?) went straight into the first team. And stayed there on merit. Suso on the other hand didnt last the distance.

He's out on loan and I expect he be like Pacheco. Released and probably at a lower la liga club.

Cant see where all this optimism about Suso is coming from to be honest. Coutinho's a classic example of why Suso was sent out on loan. Coutinho albeit a year or two older(?) went straight into the first team. And stayed there on merit. Suso on the other hand didnt last the distance.

He's out on loan and I expect he be like Pacheco. Released and probably at a lower la liga club.

Another way to look at it is that when Coutinho got into the Inter team back in 2010/11, he was used pretty much exactly how we used Suso last season. Coutinho then went on loan to Espanyol to get more first-team experience, and Suso has done the same by going to Almeria. Notwithstanding the difference in status of clubs like Espanyol and Almeria, then only real difference is the ability of the players' parent club to find them a loan spell at the right club and at the right time. I would have hoped that we could have got Suso playing at a club with a bit more status than Almeria (no disrespect to them), but we definitely did the right thing by getting him out on loan now. At this stage in his development, he needs first-team games, and I suppose even though Suso is at a club whose only ambition is to stay in the top flight rather than one seriously challenging for a European spot, he is getting games and experience.

Guest San Don

Another way to look at it is that when Coutinho got into the Inter team back in 2010/11, he was used pretty much exactly how we used Suso last season. Coutinho then went on loan to Espanyol to get more first-team experience, and Suso has done the same by going to Almeria. Notwithstanding the difference in status of clubs like Espanyol and Almeria, then only real difference is the ability of the players' parent club to find them a loan spell at the right club and at the right time. I would have hoped that we could have got Suso playing at a club with a bit more status than Almeria (no disrespect to them), but we definitely did the right thing by getting him out on loan now. At this stage in his development, he needs first-team games, and I suppose even though Suso is at a club whose only ambition is to stay in the top flight rather than one seriously challenging for a European spot, he is getting games and experience.

Yes, you could be right. That said, I think it was a lot tougher for Coutinho to get a regular game at Inter given their team than it was for Suso with our team.

All things are relative though I guess. Personally, I still think he'll be joining the likes of Pacheco at another club permanently rather than making his mark here.

My guess is that BP won't be talking while their solicitor prepares an unfair dismissal claim, and the club won't so as not to prejudice their defence. Following that, there will be an out of court settlement with confidentiality clauses on all parties.

Then BP will appear at their new club.

Guest San Don

blue Moon think they've tapped them up and we got wind of it so sacked them. Might be bollocks obv.

If that was the case, we'd have sacked him for serious \ gross misconduct? Noises coming out of the club dont support the hypothesis he has been sacked for this.

Why would we have sacked them if they had been tapped up?

Surely if that was the case we would have suspended them and put them on gardening leave and made city pay a fee for is to release them and could have added in clauses about trying to steal players

. Borrell was the one who "turned me from a boy to a man", Wisdom said.

Pity he never taught the flash fucker how to read a road map. 

yeh who needs top quality coaching or stability at the academy anyway?

Top quality coaching ? I'm still wondering how the fuck McParland got the job of running the academy in the first place.

The academy was doomed to fail once it was decided to detach it from Melwood. The sooner we get it all back under one roof the better. How the fuck anyone can think it's been anything other than a massive failure is beyond me.

• Upvote 1

You obviously dont watch Spanish football or havent been following how he is doing out there. He is already seen as a superstar at the club. They including the older players look to him on the pitch to create goals for others. He is totally raved about out there and as its his home country as well it would be hard for anyone in his postiton to not want to stay. Would only happen if another Spanish club went for him though.

It starts around 1 minute and would advise to turn the sound right off.

• Upvote 2

The academy was doomed to fail once it was decided to detach it from Melwood. The sooner we get it all back under one roof the better. How the fuck anyone can think it's been anything other than a massive failure is beyond me.

How anyone can think that the location of an academy can have any tangible link to the quality of players or coaching is beyond me.

Becoming incredibly wealthy at 15/16 over and above your achievements is a far bigger factor.

• Upvote 2

How anyone can think that the location of an academy can have any tangible link to the quality of players or coaching is beyond me.

Becoming incredibly wealthy at 15/16 over and above your achievements is a far bigger factor.

Funny that as I don't remember any of this shit going on before the Kirkby academy was built. The standard of player it produces compared to before it was built speaks for it's self.

• Upvote 2

Funny that as I don't remember any of this shit going on before the Kirkby academy was built. The standard of player it produces compared to before it was built speaks for it's self.

Players can develop their skills in the favela's of Brazil or the streets of Abidjan and you can go on to become the greatest player in the world from humble beginnings in the shanty towns of Villa Fiorito but you don't know hardship until you've had to be a youth player developing in the multi million pound surroundings of the Liverpool Academy because it's too far away from Melwood.

• Upvote 7

To be fair, Suso looks like an excellent back-up to Coutinho.

But that's just the problem, isn't it. I mean, can you see an attack of...

Suso-------Coutinho--------(someone)

------------Suarez----------------

Because, and allow me to expand on this, Suso looks like he is a perfect left sided player in a supporting 3, but I wouldn't be as prepared to play him as an orthodox LM, or LW. Or perhaps, in a 433, could he play the left side of midfield? It would mean more dog work, or perhaps he can play left sided attacker in a 433 but he'd have to add goals to his game.

Rodgers obviously likes him, http://www.clickliverpool.com/sport/liverpool-fc/1217672-brendan-rodgers-reveals-liverpool-fcs-long-term-plan-for-suso.html , but this was obviously before we bought Coutinho...so you tell me if Suso has a real future here?

I just get the impression that we'd be better served selling Suso for a tidy sum, like £10m, this Summer. Judging by his impact in Spain, I think there would be takers. That would allow us to find someone to play on the left so that Coutinho can play in the number 10 position, where he belongs. I also think that Suso deserves to play somewhere properly, and not be on the fringes like he would be here. He could be a top class player, but he won't realise that if he's stuck on the bench with us. He's had a taste of the good stuff in La Liga, he now KNOWS he's good enough, and I'd understand if he told us he wanted to be a big fish in a smaller pond.

But let's not pretend Borrell or McParland made Suso into this player, if anything his development was hampered by us. I remember how bored he looked in games at youth and U21 level, he was just so much better than the players he played with, it was pointless. Dani Pacheco probably was done a disservice by us as well, he was also far too good a player at that level and he just didn't get pushed enough. And now he's 20 odd and suddenly he finds he's wasted 2-3 years key development time. Bless.

Guest San Don

You obviously dont watch Spanish football or havent been following how he is doing out there. He is already seen as a superstar at the club. They including the older players look to him on the pitch to create goals for others. He is totally raved about out there and as its his home country as well it would be hard for anyone in his postiton to not want to stay. Would only happen if another Spanish club went for him though.

It starts around 1 minute and would advise to turn the sound right off.

He may well be seen as a super star out there. Doesn't mean he is coming back here or if he does, that it will end any better than it did for pacheco.

All it points to is he may be better suited to la liga than the PL.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Suso is a class above Pacheco. Pacheco had one decent spell with Norwich in the Championship years ago. None of our managers have rated him and didn't do anything of note when he was loaned out to sides in Spain. 

Suso on the other hand has only just turned 20 and is playing every week in a very good league and already has 5 assists. It's too early to tell if he's going to become a quality player, but I think he's got everything needed to do so and no reason he can't force himself into our side in a few seasons. 

Deulofeu is probably more suited to Spanish football, doesn't mean he wont make a big contribution to Everton's fortunes this season. As much as Suso needed to go out on loan and it'll benefit us in the long run, I'd pick him over Moses any day of the week. 

• Upvote 4