You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

18 hours ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

When your watching something on the telly or a film and you see a character you know you've seen in something else but can't remember what.

Download the IMDB App, it's saved me countless hours of searching through my memory banks.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Mook said:

Download the IMDB App, it's saved me countless hours of searching through my memory banks.

Amazon Prime's really good for this sort of thing, it gives the actors' names in each scene, along with trivia. Amazon own IMDB these days, so it's sourced directly from there.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Amazon Prime's really good for this sort of thing, it gives the actors' names in each scene, along with trivia. Amazon own IMDB these days, so it's sourced directly from there.

Didn't know that.

I was watching the morning news a couple of weeks ago and they did a piece on IMDB and how it was started. From what I remember in it's beginnings, it was nothing more than a couple of people working in their homes doing it as a hobby. They did an interview with the man who started it all and he said no matter how big and global it's become, it's always their intention to remain in the UK.  I think it's Headquarters is in Bristol.

16 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Didn't know that.

I was watching the morning news a couple of weeks ago and they did a piece on IMDB and how it was started. From what I remember in it's beginnings, it was nothing more than a couple of people working in their homes doing it as a hobby. They did an interview with the man who started it all and he said no matter how big and global it's become, it's always their intention to remain in the UK.  I think it's Headquarters is in Bristol.

Yeah, I remember submitting something to it probably back in about '95, when I was finishing at Uni and we had access to the computer labs to write up our theses. I think it was probably either a review or some details about Sybil as I'd just read the book (great film that, btw). 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Didn't know that.

I'll never forgive them for removing the message boards. 

6 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Just seen the story of the government thinking of charging people per mile they drive....... fuck that shit. Fuck it with an aids ridden cheese stinking boil pulsating scabby cock... RIGHT UP THE ARSE!!!!

I think that was mooted a few years ago and shelved.

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Just seen the story of the government thinking of charging people per mile they drive....... fuck that shit. Fuck it with an aids ridden cheese stinking boil pulsating scabby cock... RIGHT UP THE ARSE!!!!

That's nothing, this poor girl is asking the question that's been on everbodies lips, although they did let her play with a horse,

1 minute ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Just keep road tax if they're shitting it about losing revenue with electric cars rather than punish those who have to travel to work or see family. Again rich people won't be arsed but the poorest will be fucked.

It's the revenue they'll lose on petrol/diesel duty. They'll always make up the shortfall somewhere, but the motorist is a soft target and is bound to be clobbered elsewhere. Road tax won't cover it. It doesn't even cover the cost of road repairs for which it was originally meant to fund.

Remember the fuel protests in the early 2000's? with Blair standing at the lectern in Downing St saying How do we pay for our NHS?, our public services?, that's where the fuel duty goes.

The motorist, rich or poor pays for the fucking lot, it's just that the poorer motorist gets hit harder, the one with the older car which is less economical and has higher emissions so he pays more because he can't afford to upgrade.

I'm just wondering how the electric infrastructure is going to cope with the demand for electricity when all cars are electric. There are warnings over power cuts because the network is almost at full capacity every winter as it is, and they don't seem to be making any progress in improving that.

Big ideas but no plan to deliver and when they finally do, guess who'll be paying for it.

Typical.

• Upvote 1

How come examples of things that work aren't used as a template where possible in places that could benefit. Like Finland constantly comes top in population happiness levels. Why aren't other countries looking at Finland and thinking maybe we can get some ideas. Why not pick and mix the best of things and fuck off the worst of things without ideology dictating a path. Evidence, flexibility and not being scared of change. What fucking thread is this.

Twitter trends. I don’t follow

many People on Twitter and almost never post but I like popping on there to keep up with the fee select bits I’ve got in the timeline. Mostly nfl the odd bit of politics/news and now covid stats stuff. That’s all.

yet somehow even with that limited interaction I get inundated with these fucking things.

A month or so ago it was “this is how it started, this is how it’s going” which was mostly people bragging about their current amazing lives.

now it’s “what feels like x but isn’t x” we’re people post a meme or a photo or some other inane response.

just fuck off with it you boring repetitive bastards. 

29 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Twitter trends. I don’t follow

many People on Twitter and almost never post but I like popping on there to keep up with the fee select bits I’ve got in the timeline. Mostly nfl the odd bit of politics/news and now covid stats stuff. That’s all.

yet somehow even with that limited interaction I get inundated with these fucking things.

A month or so ago it was “this is how it started, this is how it’s going” which was mostly people bragging about their current amazing lives.

now it’s “what feels like x but isn’t x” we’re people post a meme or a photo or some other inane response.

just fuck off with it you boring repetitive bastards. 

That’s the exact business model they used to be, spreading ‘memes’ in the ol’ fashion Dawkin sense.

Only problem is the algorithms are now much more sophisticated and lead and not repeat. 

Edited by Bruce Spanner

I was just perusing the Internet on my phone as you do and stumbled across some big titty birds twitter feed had a look, closed it and forgot about it. Got in my car to go out with the missus and the fucking twitter name and post came on the screen where usually a radio station or song track shows, luckily I hit the dab button  with amazing speed and my missus didn't notice. Technology is a dangerous affair 

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I was just perusing the Internet on my phone as you do and stumbled across some big titty birds twitter feed had a look, closed it and forgot about it. Got in my car to go out with the missus and the fucking twitter name and post came on the screen where usually a radio station or song track shows, luckily I hit the dab button  with amazing speed and my missus didn't notice. Technology is a dangerous affair 

Reminds me of a time many moons ago when I had travelled up look at possible student houses with my missus for when I started my masters. My phone battery died but was waiting for a call from the house I liked most so put my sim in my other half’s phone.

we’re driving about when a text comes through, and instinctively she picks up her phone to look at it. It’s my mate planning a visit to a strip club we nicknamed Titty City and asking if I’m in.

”what’s Titty City?” She said icily.

and why does it say “again” she added.

She didn’t buy my bluffed reply.

• Upvote 2