You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How long can we carrry a player like Sterling?

Code

Two very powerful personalities have helped Sterling immensely. Suarez and Rodgers. Suarez was the template of what he could become if he put in the work and used his corazon and his imagination every time he has the ball. Brendan keeps him focused and guides him along the way. 

Corazon . . . cojones . . . those Spanish have a word for everything!

I genuinely do not remember this at all. I remember he lacked a bit of end product, as any 17 year old would, but 'shocking'?

Yeah, I'm a bit nonplussed at the comments telling us that everyone knew (or should have known) that Sterling was shit. I remember being disappointed at suggestions that he should go out on loan. If a player needs to go to a Championship club to 'develop' then he's unlikely to get to the level that we require - yes, I'm looking at you Ibe - but it seemed to me to be a bit early to write Sterling off. Get him to bulk up and if he doesn't improve then yes, fling him on the loan roulette wheel and see what happens. 

And before anyone accuses me of imagining myself to have the powers of footballing foresight, I admit that I would have taken Fulham's money for Henderson. Forgive me Father, for I have sinned,

Ballbag? Many of his posts were pretty daft, I’ll agree to that, And he wasn’t the best to admit to his own errors. I do think he is a Liverpool fan though, and I certainly didn’t think he deserved a ban. Then again I’m a firm believer in freedom of speech, however daft anyone’s opinion might be. I’ll pretty much disagree with any ban, Code, Rashid or whoever. However, this is not my site and I’m not the one to judge.

Just tosh indeed.

Neither Code nor Rashid were banned for their opinions. It's almost incomprehensible how some still manage to miss this simple fact.

• Upvote 1

Freedom of speech comes with a responsibility to use and not abuse it.  When someone is deliberately talking shite to inflame things and won't listen to reason, what alternative do you have ?  It's live in a cave or turf the fuckwits out.  There's a fine line between being antagonistic and being a basketcase.  I'm glad it's Dave that makes the decisions when it becomes time to draw the line.

• Upvote 2

Freedom of speech comes with a responsibility to use and not abuse it.  When someone is deliberately talking shite to inflame things and won't listen to reason, what alternative do you have ?  It's live in a cave or turf the fuckwits out.  There's a fine line between being antagonistic and being a basketcase.  I'm glad it's Dave that makes the decisions when it becomes time to draw the line.

So not freedom of speech then, freedom to say things that you agree with maybe.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

So not freedom of speech then, freedom to say things that you agree with maybe.

I think he was referring to the acts which give us the rights of freedom of expression. Quite rightly they themselves talk about responsibility and abuse. When one person's right of free speech conflicts with another person's right to freedom under the law, for example, there's an issue. All freedom of speech is curtailed.

I think he was referring to the acts which give us the rights of freedom of expression. Quite rightly they themselves talk about responsibility and abuse. When one person's right of free speech conflicts with another person's right to freedom under the law, for example, there's an issue. All freedom of speech is curtailed.

Oh right, we'd all be living under Sharia law if bigots like you got your own way.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Oh right, we'd all be living under Sharia law if bigots like you got your own way.

Who the fuck is Sharia and what does she want with our laws?

• 1 month later...

Lots of sites running a £48 million bid imminent from Chelsea for Sterling.

Arent they just repeating the daily excesses 'story'?

I love the tinternet. Some hack dreams up a story then with all the spiders and webbots out there pick it up and repeat, viola! There must be truth in it because lots of sites carry the same info.

Did some paid work at a national recently and they have a big screen of what's trending on Twitter. If the word 'Raheem Sterling' comes up they'll do a story on it.

When I worked at a local paper (best job I ever had) the news editor would email me with phone numbers or emails from people who'd contacted the paoer, who I'd then have to contact and craft a story out of. At the national I got emailed links to stories which other newspapers and news agencies had already done and then would have to essentially plagerise and reword it to get it online for the web hits. The tail wags the dog now, journalism is dead.

• Upvote 2