You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

It'll be interesting to see if Suarez goes what may happen.

Will all his fee be reinvested? Will the fee we get plus whatever money we should have right now also be spent?

Will we have time to strengthen?

I have a feeling it's all going to happen late and absolutely fuck us in the ass as far as the season ahead goes. But in saying that we really are the master of our own destiny on it. If it all happens late and we end up severely weakened for the season ahead its going to be very fucking frustrating.

I'm sure we'll find some way to shoot ourselves in the foot through lack of preparation. We've knew he has wanted out so we should have any secondary targets BESIDES Costa lined up or ready to move on.

Ill be very surprised though if we don't start the season weakened by the time the window shuts

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pal - it is a trap. Don't say anything.

The Red Sox have been really good this year.

Essentially the Sox did over the last 18 months what we did 2 years ago. They overpaid for all the wrong players who came on huge contracts. They got rid at the first chance they could and sent them all to the LA Dodgers.

Since then they are good again, but they haven't spent huge. They're 20 games over .500 and they lead their division.

Sheesh.

Get costa if Suarez goes. I'm pretty sure fsg are smart enough to know that if they don't at least reinvest the money gotten from the Suarez sale then they'll be getting shit in their mailboxes everyday from fans.

With the crazy market now I wouldn't mind paying 30m for costa. Or even trading Suarez over for costa + 10m. Rather than him being sold for 40m to arsenal.

Get costa if Suarez goes. I'm pretty sure fsg are smart enough to know that if they don't at least reinvest the money gotten from the Suarez sale then they'll be getting shit in their mailboxes everyday from fans.

With the crazy market now I wouldn't mind paying 30m for costa. Or even trading Suarez over for costa + 10m. Rather than him being sold for 40m to arsenal.

Have you ever seen him play?

You'll mind once you realise how good he is - that is, nowhere near good enough to replace Suarez.

Have you ever seen him play?

You'll mind once you realise how good he is - that is' date=' nowhere near good enough to replace Suarez.[/quote']

He's not good enough that's for sure. That's why keeping Suarez should be our first priority. But I'll rather take a loss than sell him to one of our rivals in arsenal. It suits his CL ambitions too so he shouldn't be rejecting if that's the reason he's leaving us.

I gave the total spend - which is entirely relevant to the level of player we're getting for our money - and I gave net spend. That's not an unbalanced point of view. If anything, I should have gone even further and mentioned the losses year-on-year, the pay-offs of managers, the releases for new managers, and signing fees and bonuses.

What I don't appreciate is you having a little pop at me rather than actually discussing the subject. I'm making a concerted effort to engage with people over the subject and not dish out too much personal abuse (other than to utter mental cases). I gave it a go here.

What do you mean 'fall for it'? I gave a gross and a net for transfer spending. It's not propaganda, it's figures based on what reliable sources say we've paid. I laid it all out for Dennis, all sources with links to the Liverpool Echo. The reason I mention it is because it's what actually happened. I'm not having to ignore things to make my argument.

No it doesn't. I've given the net figure, which is very likely to be much lower than it will be in a few weeks.

You see, you want to have a pop at me but you can't even get the basics right. They've been here three years, and in that time the wage bill has gone from £121m, rose to £135m and then went to £119m (not including big payoffs for all the dross Comolli disposed of), so over there time, using the latest available data, the wage bill has dropped £2m. That £2m needs to accrue. To say it covers the net spend is ridiculous enough, let alone when we're talking about a club which lost £40m last year and they had to lend almost £50m, interest free.

We've gone from wages being 65% of turnover, to 73%, down to 70%. United are at just over 50% and they're in the CL. We need to get it down to a sensible level so we actually can accrue some money to spend. Even then, it'll have to happen when we're making a profit and not losing money, otherwise cutting the wage bill provides no funds at all. It certainly hasn't provided any funds to spend yet. That's just how numbers work, it's nothing to do with me painting the owners - who I don't care about, btw - as some sort of charity givers. It's just what has happened, whether your or me or Coro or Dennis like it or not.

Nah, sorry. That's just you adding your own, totally incorrect narrative. I've never made out that they're here as some fluffy, benevolent benefactor. Actually, I've recently said the exact opposite. What I'm not going to do is wilfully ignore how much has been spend just so I can paint them in a certain light. I don't care about them at all, I care about getting an accurate view of what's going on.

Dennis, for goodness sake. I gave you a list, then linked you to the list later the same day. Of course, you didn't respond to any of the points because you

Have you actually got anything to say at all? I mean, anything of worth at all. The numbers I've given are backed up by the Echo. They're all there, in the FSG are cunts thread. They're not my numbers. We'd spent around 86.5m net before this window, and so far we've spent about 3 or 4m over all.

You can lead a horse to water but a pencil must be lead, eh? Dont look a gift horse for water in the mouth of the river lest the longen faced one should drop the bone into it when trying to bite the reflection.

Liverpool announce new £150m kit deal after Adidas row - Telegraph

Liverpool FC extend Standard Chartered sponsorship deal - Liverpool Echo

Liverpool FC have announced a two-year extension to their main sponsorship deal with Standard Chartered.

The initial four-year contract, worth up to £20million per year, expires next summer but the lucrative partnership with the bank will now run until the end of the 2015/16 season.

BBC News - Liverpool FC signs up Chevrolet as club car sponsor

Ian Ayre, managing director of the Anfield club, said the deal demonstrated "the value of Liverpool's international appeal".

No financial details have been given about the arrangement.

and, interestingly

Liverpool could sign sponsorship deal with Qatari firm Ooredoo | Al Bawaba

I think it says a lot that we are not moving along with the deal till Luis goes so that means we'll be using his money to get him in

Not just him mind' date=' we might be out of it but other deals too[/quote']

How do you know we aren't 'moving along with the deal'?

Well when a player has a minimum fee, its accepted because it has to be so you'd of expected him over for talks and a medical by now?

No?

You do know the player can reject it or ask for time to think about it don't you? I don't know what - if anything - is happening with regards to Costa, but I'm not jumping the gun either way.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Well when a player has a minimum fee, its accepted because it has to be so you'd of expected him over for talks and a medical by now?

No?

I'd imagine it has more to do with them being away on tour in South America than anything else.

I'd imagine it has more to do with them being away on tour in South America than anything else.

Not that I think it would have any bearing on how the deal is going, but they've been back since Monday I think a few people have mentioned. I'm only going on what other people have said on here though so could be wrong.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Not that I think it would have any bearing on how the deal is going, but they've been back since Monday I think a few people have mentioned. I'm only going on what other people have said on here though so could be wrong.

Yeah, I meant the reason it hasn't gone any faster. I'd also imagine they've got a set amount of time to deal with the bid. If we have bid. We might have bid and it might have been rejected, either because it didn't trigger the clause or because the clause isn't valid outside of Spain. Just guessing, of course.

There's a lot of talk about the money we (and FSG) should spend, but who we should spend it on? We agreed a fee for the armenian bloke, but he chose Dorrmund. We've bid for Costa, but he doesn't seem too eager to leave Atletico for us. We don't have the pull on top players that we want to. So I wonder, who are these top players we could get in if FSG would "splash the cash"?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
what are you on about 'secret documents'?

His own club said it.

Yes, but for us to have lied about having bid, we'd have actually had to have said something about having bid. But we didn't.