You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez: Sell or Keep?

WhiskeyJar

Suarez: Keep or Sell?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Suarez: Keep or Sell?

• Keep him; he is nuts but he is world class and we do not sell world class players.
    • Sell him; he is world class but too much of a nuisance to our club. Time to cash in.
    • Not sure if we should sell him or keep him.

For someone as adverse to the media he does appear to have little problem priming the media on a regular basis. He's now flattered by interest from Chelsea and Arsenal? I assume they're out of the question due to being located in England?

He also appears to have completely forgotten about a certain contractual obligation?

If he wants to go fine, he's a terrific player and is clearly better than scrapping for 7th place. However it's about time he 'mans' up a little, put in a transfer request etc rather than trying to engineer a transfer through the media.

What did he do? I thought his exit from Ajax was relatively amicable.

I was thinking of his move from Groningen to Ajax. He wanted the club to accept their offer, threw a paddy, took them to arbitration (lost) and reportedly was willing to go on strike to force a move. All that happened was Ajax increased their offer.

If Suarez goes to ANY English club his treachery would be 10 times worse than Torres. At least with Torres it was over quickly within a day, a bullet to the head.. with Suarez it's been a long drawn out thing like cancer with his constant moaning to South American press. He's killing us slowly at least Torres did it quickly.

Why would the seventh best club in England willingly choose to sell the third best player in the world? How is this even a question worthy of a poll? My tolerance threshold for this kind of arrant stupidity is dropping all the time.

Why would the seventh best club in England willingly choose to sell the third best player in the world? How is this even a question worthy of a poll? My tolerance threshold for this kind of arrant stupidity is dropping all the time.

because he wants to go, he is embarrassing the club, has made cunts of everyone who has stuck by him and is worth enough money that we should be able to buy at least two top players with proceeds.

so unless you were being sarcastic i cant think of a good reason to keep him.

I can't imagine Suarez lining up against us, megging the fuck out of our defence and just generally taking the piss. It's a disturbing image, especially knowing he'd get dogs abuse for joining another team in the english league and you just know the vitriol and hatred would make him own us even harder.

For someone as adverse to the media he does appear to have little problem priming the media on a regular basis. He's now flattered by interest from Chelsea and Arsenal? I assume they're out of the question due to being located in England?

Since when does the phrase "flattered by interest" mean "want to join"? Usually it means the opposite. Girls are 'flattered by the interest' of boys they won't touch with a barge pole.

After all, if what you're asserting is correct imagine if any of our other players had been flattered by Shit Coat's or Taggart's interest....

Steven Gerrard exclusive: Manchester United wanted me, Real Madrid too, but I'm Liverpool for life | Mail Online

Since when does the phrase "flattered by interest" mean "want to join"? Usually it means the opposite. Girls are 'flattered by the interest' of boys they won't touch with a barge pole.

After all, if what you're asserting is correct imagine if any of our other players had been flattered by Shit Coat's or Taggart's interest....

Steven Gerrard exclusive: Manchester United wanted me, Real Madrid too, but I'm Liverpool for life | Mail Online

Which would be fine if that was all he said...

"There have been no offers yet, but Liverpool know exactly what is going on and what I want," "My agent is in charge, he knows what I want, I am resting and relaxed. I am due back in about 10 days, on the 21st of July (a phone call could change everything.)"

"It's good to know that I am still valued by teams like Arsenal. Friends call me up to ask if I am moving to Chelsea, to which I laugh."

It's not as if this is an isolated statement, he's made his position pretty clear. I think it's fair to state that he clearly hasn't said he's about to join an English club but it's not something that could be ruled out?

"There have been no offers yet, but Liverpool know exactly what is going on and what I want," "My agent is in charge, he knows what I want, I am resting and relaxed. I am due back in about 10 days, on the 21st of July (a phone call could change everything.)"

"It's good to know that I am still valued by teams like Arsenal. Friends call me up to ask if I am moving to Chelsea, to which I laugh."

It's not as if this is an isolated statement, he's made his position pretty clear.

And another point is that Gerrard DID want to join Chelsea...

It's not as if this is an isolated statement, he's made his position pretty clear. I think it's fair to state that he clearly hasn't said he's about to join an English club but it's not something that could be ruled out?

Nothing in that suggests he's open to a move to another Premiership club.

We should just point blank refuse to sell him to another English club. Only overseas, and only for a minimum of £45 million.

We will have one unhappy player playing for us if we do that. If its a English club we might get £35 to £40 million . If its Madrid £35 million tops we get and that wont happen till the last couple of days before window shuts.

I'm pissed off with that Interview Luis has given. All that fucking bullshit about him wanting to leave the country because of the English media. And now because it seems Real Madrid might not be that interested in him, he seems to be backtracking and making eyes at any English club that is showing any interest in him.

Why the fuck he couldn't just come out and say he wants to leave for CL football i'll never know. I'd of had so much more respect for him. Now he just seems like a lying cunt, desperately trying to engineer a move away from the club and it's support who have backed him to the hilt over the past 2 and a half years.

I wish the club would fine the lad now because he can't seem to keep his fucking trap shut.

Rant over.:telloff:

There have been no offers yet, but Liverpool know exactly what is going on and what I want

Well, if what he wants is CL football, he's not getting it with us. If he wants a transfer, put in the sheet.

Occam's Razor - he wants more money, another contract negotiation.

Guest San Don

Well, didnt take him long to consider his options to now including staying in England has it?

I know I shouldnt get anoyed with stuff footballers come out with but fuck's sake, treat us (and the club) with respect. Fucking arse would have had him out the door after the piece of shit episode never mind getting a further 10 game ban for chowing down on an opponent.

If he wants to go, stick a fucking request in, it'll only cost you 4 or 5 million which is only a year's salary. But, he fucking knows if he hands a transfer in and ends up at arse or chelshit, he'll have burned his bridges with the fans who generally have solidly backed him.

Can el sulky at chelshit say the same with those fans, can he fuck?

I've been ambivalent towards suarez' 'request' because he's clearly a better player than we can give the competition he wants. But, talking about interest from arse and chelshit who are two of the three options he's talking about, is crossing the fucking line.

Put up or shut up. I hope and want the club to play real hard ball on this now. I dont fucking care if we end up with an 'unhappy' player at the club. Someone has to draw a line in the sand and say 'here, and no further.'

If you want out, make it happen but you go on our terms and to who we say. And if you dont like it, you can sit in the fucking stand and watch your chance of playing in the world cup if, uruguay get there, disappear up your fucking jacksie.

Luis is finally showing what a total cunt he is.

"Luis wants to play in the champions league"- so why leave Ajax to play for us when we were struggling for top 4 ????

"Luis feels victimised by the British press "- we all went along with this bollox til Madrids interest cooled and he starts flirting with Arsenal and Chelsea.

Honestly, if we sell him to another premier league club, Ayre, henry, et al need stringing up.It would be the worst decision in my 40 years as a Liverpool fan.