You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Paul McCartney featured on the Hillsborough Justice single

mht1892

I really hope it gets to number 1 I've bought my copy, I think it's a disgrace that he's involved though, he knew what that rag did to drag our name through the mud yet he accepted awards off The S*n just like that other meff Stephen Graham, then gets involved in this... what a hypocritical cunt.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May as well put this here:

Sunday Chart Predictions - BuzzJack Music Forum

Thursday Update

The Justice Collective’s Hillsborough tribute single has extended its lead over X Factor winner James Arthur, but 2012 Christmas Number 1 is by no means over.

According to the Official Charts Company’s latest sales data, The Justice Collective’s cover of He Ain’t Heavy, He’s My Brother has increased its lead over James Arthur’s Impossible after its first four days on sale.

The all-star group, who are raising funds and awareness for the ongoing legal battle of the families of the Hillsborough tragedy, started the week trailing the X Factor winner by 3,000 copies. Yesterday (Wednesday, December 20) The Justice Collective surged ahead of James Arthur by 3,400, and today they have extended their lead to 14,000 copies with sales of 146,000 vs Arthur’s 132,000.

This year’s battle is not as clear-cut as the race to the 2011 Christmas Number 1. Last year The Military Wives and Gareth Malone’s Wherever You Are surged ahead of then X Factor winners Little Mix’s Cannonball by 186,000 copies midweek, with these early sales putting them firmly on course to their place at the top of the Official Christmas Singles Chart. However, this year’s race to Number 1 is expected to go right down to the wire, with fans of both acts battling it out to Saturday evening’s midnight cut off point.

The Official Charts Company’s Managing Director, Martin Talbot said "This is the closest Number 1 battle we can remember,” he added that "it is even closer than 2009 battle between Rage Against The Machine and Joe McElderry."

The Official Christmas Number 1 will be revealed on BBC Radio 1’s Official Chart Show with Reggie Yates and the full Top 100 will be posted on The Official Charts Company | The UK Charts | Top 40 this Sunday (December 23).

SOURCE: OCC

I don't think Paul mcartneys mind extends to anything beyond music. He's probably only just been reminded that Liverpool has something called football clubs. I like him. Ill also accept he lives in a bubble and is surrounded by fawning sycophants 24/7 for 50 years I doubt the Hillsborough justice fight was anywhere on his plane of existence until someone mentioned music associated with it. I don't think you can jump down the throat of every person who hasn't fought the good fight, I reckon McCartney has done more good than bad in his one shot at life.

I don't think Paul mcartneys mind extends to anything beyond music. He's probably only just been reminded that Liverpool has something called football clubs. I like him. Ill also accept he lives in a bubble and is surrounded by fawning sycophants 24/7 for 50 years I doubt the Hillsborough justice fight was anywhere on his plane of existence until someone mentioned music associated with it. I don't think you can jump down the throat of every person who hasn't fought the good fight, I reckon McCartney has done more good than bad in his one shot at life.

Anyone who genuinely despises Paul McCartney needs to get a grip.

Agree with that.

I think the fella's mind left the real world a long time ago. It wouldn't surprise me if he walked around all day with 'Hey Jude' playing on a loop in his head all day. It's still disappointing, don't get me wrong, but I think his bonce is firmly on Planet Macca.

I think the fella's a bit of a div (utterly harmless and very naive at the same time), but I don't there's any denying his genius and he's one of the few people out there who you can genuinely say has changed the world.

I like to think John would be more clued up on everything if he was here today. Always liked him more.

Anyway, let's hope it gets to number one. If you haven't already bought it, then just do it asap!

Peter Hooton was on TAW other day discussing the single. He said they had spoke to Paul McCartney's people about this issue, and they said every time he gigs or appears anywhere, there is a scrum of people afterwards having pictures with him and he doesn't know from one person to the next who he is having a picture with most of the time.

Regardless of anyone's opinions on him, having him on the single along with Robbie Williams makes it box office and puts it on a totally different commercial level to anything that would have been produced without their input. It's all about raising awareness and raising money, therefor it's an absolute no brainer to have the biggest names feature that you can possibly find. They dont really come any bigger than Paul McCartney.

what a hypocritical cunt.

Macca has done more than most to promote the City, but there is always someone who is happy to have a pop.

It's an imperfect world. Is the justice campaign better, or worse, off with his involvement?

Some are only happy when they are finding fault.

Channel your anger and moral outrage for the likes of Popplewell, Mackenzie, Bettinson, and those who deliberately try or have tried to undermine the campaign and contribute to the cover up.

For anything else patience and education are the key and have been pivotal to the success of the campiagn to this day.

Any chance you can give some evidence to back up this daft remark?

Anyone who genuinely despises Paul McCartney needs to get a grip.

I don't like him. He's a professional scouser who fucked off to London as soon as his first cheque cleared. He uses his 'scouseness' when he needs to and at the same time is happy to pose with his S*n award. Hypocrital bastard.

Peter Hooton was on TAW other day discussing the single. He said they had spoke to Paul McCartney's people about this issue, and they said every time he gigs or appears anywhere, there is a scrum of people afterwards having pictures with him and he doesn't know from one person to the next who he is having a picture with most of the time.

What a load of bollocks. How can someone like him who has staff to hand at every moment suddenly lets a certain newspaper through the scrum so he can innocently pose with their award without McCartney actually looking at, and understanding what it represents. Thats an incredible attempt at a cover up.

Macca has done more than most to promote the City, but there is always someone who is happy to have a pop.

It's an imperfect world. Is the justice campaign better, or worse, off with his involvement?

Some are only happy when they are finding fault.

How?

The city are happy to use the Beatles name to help promote Liverpool, along with using the two teams and heritage. What has McCartney physically done to promote Liverpool apart from be in a successful group 40 years ago?

And I don't find happiness finding fault, I just find it laughable that Liverpool has to grovel to a man who uses this city for his own uses.

Any chance you can give some evidence to back up this daft remark?

I don't like him. He's a professional scouser who fucked off to London as soon as his first cheque cleared. He uses his 'scouseness' when he needs to and at the same time is happy to pose with his S*n award. Hypocrital bastard.

Stop being so ridiculous. Do you have to live in Liverpool your whole life? Do you live in Liverpool now? He's gone where his career has took him.

If he poses with a S*n award after this then he deserves the criticism. Otherwise I don't think it's unfair to give him the benefit of the doubt. He's one of the most famous people on the planet and his profile working on this will have boosted it massively. I'm grateful for that.