You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I've not been on for a few days and had a little search to see if anyone has picked up on a couple of things since Saturdays surrender. I couldn't find anything so appologies if this has been posted elsewhere.

1. Dirk Kuyt being interviewed saying he wants to sign a new contract and it's not the club blocking it but Rafa. Rafa told him nothing can be done till his own situation is sorted. If that's the case, Rafa wants fucking for this - the lad has about 15 months left on his contract and is effectively worth less as every day passes while Rafa is titting about with his political games. Rafa is there to act in the interests of LFC not Rafa Benitez. In my opionion this is gross misconduct and in any other industry would see him fired.

2. Rafa made some comment yesterday saying something like "I didn't see our slump coming because until the new year everything had been going so well". Does he send some stunt double to watch our matches or something? Fucking hell how could he not see it coming, it's been written all over everything we've done since the 1st match of the season? Maybe if he spent less time telling everyone how fucking great he was and how he should be ruling everything at the club and more time studying the absolute turgid shite we've all been watching this season instead of taking a quick glance at the result, then maybe, just maybe it wouldn't have been a surprise. It's been no fucking surprise to me that's for sure.

Rafa needs to get his head out of his own arse and fast before this whole thing comes tumbling down. For me the only reason I want him to stay as boss right now is I don't trust the other pair of cunts who own us to get anyone decent.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not been on for a few days and had a little search to see if anyone has picked up on a couple of things since Saturdays surrender. I couldn't find anything so appologies if this has been posted elsewhere.

1. Dirk Kuyt being interviewed saying he wants to sign a new contract and it's not the club blocking it but Rafa. Rafa told him nothing can be done till his own situation is sorted. If that's the case, Rafa wants fucking for this - the lad has about 15 months left on his contract and is effectively worth less as every day passes while Rafa is titting about with his political games. Rafa is there to act in the interests of LFC not Rafa Benitez. In my opionion this is gross misconduct and in any other industry would see him fired.

2. Rafa made some comment yesterday saying something like "I didn't see our slump coming because until the new year everything had been going so well". Does he send some stunt double to watch our matches or something? Fucking hell how could he not see it coming, it's been written all over everything we've done since the 1st match of the season? Maybe if he spent less time telling everyone how fucking great he was and how he should be ruling everything at the club and more time studying the absolute turgid shite we've all been watching this season instead of taking a quick glance at the result, then maybe, just maybe it wouldn't have been a surprise. It's been no fucking surprise to me that's for sure.

Rafa needs to get his head out of his own arse and fast before this whole thing comes tumbling down. For me the only reason I want him to stay as boss right now is I don't trust the other pair of cunts who own us to get anyone decent.

The 1st point has been discussed on here in the last few days and some people even support Rafa on that!!

Re: the 2nd point, did he mention the word "control" ?

Lets face it mate - he is NOT going to take his head out of his arse. This is the way he sees the game. This is the way he wants us to play. And he believes this way will win the title (or may he doesn't really care about the title).

The 1st point has been discussed on here in the last few days and some people even support Rafa on that!!

Re: the 2nd point, did he mention the word "control" ?

Lets face it mate - he is NOT going to take his head out of his arse. This is the way he sees the game. This is the way he wants us to play. And he believes this way will win the title (or may he doesn't really care about the title).

If anyone supports him on 1 they want fucking too, or maybe they should get a few bob together and start AFC Benitez, because they're not liverpool supporters.

The quotes for 2 from a paper by my desk here say "I didn't really see it coming. We were in a really good position for such a long time, the best in my 5 years here, so what has happened has come as a surprise and a dissapointment". Fucking surprise, jesus I don't know how he can possibly say it and keep a staight face - he is either deliberately talking complete bollox, deliberately ignoring what has been staring him in the face or he actually knows as much about footy as my missus.

You're right on both counts Barry. I've made my position on Kuyt clear, so if Benitez's self-interest means Kuyt goes, I won't be unhappy. If it means Gerrard goes, I'll be furious.

On the second one, anyone with an ounce of interest in football realised we were heading for a fall, playing the sort of football we were, and only looking like a team when tactics were thrown out of the window as we were chasing a game. Even that cannot possibly be maintained - you can't overcome going a goal or two down every week. You can't play as badly as we have all season and expect to win the league. We were lucky that in the first half of the season the main contenders for the league played even worse than us, but whereas with them you knew that wouldn't be sustained over the season, there was little confidence that we would measurably improve; primarily because of the stultifying tactics Benitez insists on deploying.

If he thought about taking the shackles off and allowing us to attack teams then maybe we would be in a stronger position then we are now.

Playing players high on confidence would also help as well.

to be honest my issue here is not with the results, it's his reaction to our current form. I'd seen it coming, as had most most going reds and I'd imagine quite a few non-match going reds - my issue is he didn't see it coming and if he didn't why the fuck not, because anyone who has watched us in any detail this season surely can't be surprised at all. I'm just reading Tom R's thread and in there he said something like Boro was not really different to any other game apart from the result and this is the point. If he couldn't see we've been on a knife edge all season and we could easily of fallen the wrong side of that had we not improved/changed, then the man is not doing his job.

If he thought about taking the shackles off and allowing us to attack teams then maybe we would be in a stronger position then we are now.

Playing players high on confidence would also help as well.

We had just beaten Madrid how much confidence does the club need?

And why take the shackles off? so the forwards can miss even more chances?

We are missing too many simple chances and if you throw in too many stupid defensive errors then it doesnt need a genius to work out we will be in trouble.

Sorry but the players need to take a long hard look at their own performances, especially regarding Saturday, and I mean all of them including the fans untouchables 'Cara, Alonso, Mascherano, Lucas'

As long as he is sacked by at the end of the season I can live with it

Yes the players do, but so primarily does the manager. The manager gets lauded, quite rightly, when the team pulls off a result such as Madrid. You cannot expect him to dodge all the bullets when the team put on such a poor display. And don't forget who bought those chumps playing for us.

I've made my position on Kuyt clear, so if Benitez's self-interest means Kuyt goes, I won't be unhappy.

I'm along the same lines but the problem is, if we let Kuyt get into his last year of the contract, his value depreciates and regardless of whether Rafa stays or goes, the club is the one that ultimately suffers.

Double standards everywhere mate - selling Keane early and cutting losses was good "business sense" according to Benitez. Is allowing a player go into last year of his contract good business sense too, Rafa? And how can you criticise the club for not giving Agger a new contract and then ask Kuyt to wait.

There may be a good reason why Rafa said that but to me, it is wrong regardless. As I said above, this was discussed previously in some other thread but my feeling on this is very clear. Rafa should mind his own fucking business - he should worry about his contract and his contract alone. Players are assets to the club not Benitez.

We had just beaten Madrid how much confidence does the club need?

Seriously! All that confidence just oozed out of our pores at Boro! What a performance!

And why take the shackles off? so the forwards can miss even more chances?

We are missing too many simple chances and if you throw in too many stupid defensive errors then it doesnt need a genius to work out we will be in trouble.

I know, right? I mean... Who is so stupid that they think that MORE chances would mean MORE goals... What a fucking joke! We just need to create one chance a match and take it, you know? I mean... look at those chumps at the Emirates. They created like 30 chances against Fulham and it was baffling that one didnt go in the net. What a bunch of fucking mugs! They just need to create the one chance, right?

I mean... if they keep creating endless chances it's just going to make them more UNLIKELY to score, right?

Sorry but the players need to take a long hard look at their own performances, especially regarding Saturday, and I mean all of them including the fans untouchables 'Cara, Alonso, Mascherano, Lucas'

Seriously... Lucas is DEFINITELY a fan untouchable... and Rafa did everything right but the players just didn't motivate themselves, those tosspots!

Yes the players do, but so primarily does the manager. The manager gets lauded, quite rightly, when the team pulls off a result such as Madrid. You cannot expect him to dodge all the bullets when the team put on such a poor display. And don't forget who bought those chumps playing for us.

I am including Alonso and Carra in that, both seem to have slipped into last years performances since New Year, and both are not exactly being described as chumps by the same people who are criticising Rafa.

It is about responsibility, when Torres and Gerrad are out NOBODY steps up. They did against Man U and I thought about time, but since then they have all just shrugged their shoulders and looked to others. As I say on Saturday, only Aurellio, Mascherano, Skrtle and Reina continued to the end, the rest just gave up.

Heard him on five live whilst out in the car and I could not believe him. It so wrong it was funny.

All about staying positive and continuing to fight for the title. Fucking deluded.

What's he supposed to say?

"We've fucked it. There's not much point now. This is my idea"

Seriously! All that confidence just oozed out of our pores at Boro! What a performance!

I know, right? I mean... Who is so stupid that they think that MORE chances would mean MORE goals... What a fucking joke! We just need to create one chance a match and take it, you know? I mean... look at those chumps at the Emirates. They created like 30 chances against Fulham and it was baffling that one didnt go in the net. What a bunch of fucking mugs! They just need to create the one chance, right?

I mean... if they keep creating endless chances it's just going to make them more UNLIKELY to score, right?

Seriously... Lucas is DEFINITELY a fan untouchable... and Rafa did everything right but the players just didn't motivate themselves, those tosspots![/QUOTE]

I was trying to be funny! FFS even I know Lucas is not an untouchable, I have argued his case enough times.

you seem to be agreeing with me but I am unable to see past the smog of sarcasm!!. Whether we create one chance or 15 if the players are going to cock it up it means nothing. How many times this season, last season or the one before we have watched us missed chance after chance only to watch the opposition score from their one chance!

And I will say it again, we should have been three up on Saturday, three sitters missed.

I am including Alonso and Carra in that, both seem to have slipped into last years performances since New Year, and both are not exactly being described as chumps by the same people who are criticising Rafa.

It is about responsibility, when Torres and Gerrad are out NOBODY steps up. They did against Man U and I thought about time, but since then they have all just shrugged their shoulders and looked to others. As I say on Saturday, only Aurellio, Mascherano, Skrtle and Reina continued to the end, the rest just gave up.

To be honest i think some of the players need to take more responsibility when Gerrard and Torres are fit, there seems to be this culture the other players have adopted wherby they give the ball to Torres or Gerrard and think that there work is done and one of them will win the game for them, untill responsibility is taken while their playing then it never will while their injured. Managers fault in my opinion.

To be honest i think some of the players need to take more responsibility when Gerrard and Torres are fit, there seems to be this culture the other players have adopted wherby they give the ball to Torres or Gerrard and think that there work is done and one of them will win the game for them, untill responsibility is taken while their playing then it never will while their injured. Managers fault in my opinion.

How? We are not talking about young players, we are talking about internationals who don't want to take responsibility at all. I said to my mate on saturday, what would a Keane or a Souness have said to Kuyt when missed his second sitter of the day? I would like someone to have a got at him, not personal moaning but more a case of "fucking put the ball away and conentrate" kind of way

Re. Kuyt. It wouldn't surprise me if he was doing it so he can take his blue eyed boy with him for peanuts when/if he fucks off in the Summer.

As for your final point I'm pretty much of the same opinion, the worrying thing for me is that I reckon it's out of our hands anyway and he's had no intention of signing the contract for a while now.

How? We are not talking about young players, we are talking about internationals who don't want to take responsibility at all. I said to my mate on saturday, what would a Keane or a Souness have said to Kuyt when missed his second sitter of the day? I would like someone to have a got at him, not personal moaning but more a case of "fucking put the ball away and conentrate" kind of way

How? what a daft question, its easy seens your the manager you inform said player if he doesnt start taking more responsibility then he will be dropped. And im not talking about Kuyt missing sitters when Gerrard & Torres are out im talking about when some of our players pass the ball to them when they are playing and think that their work is done because Gerrard or Torres will take on 5 players and win the game for them.

No, but he should acknowledge the fact that we've been shit since day one this season and have only held our position in the league due to the shitness of those around us and to several last gasp winners or equalizers against ten men etc.

He may well have acknowledged this in the confines of the dressing room in fairness to him, I don't know. But it insults the intelligence of us fans to claim that things had been giong well prior to new year. We all know that's fucking bullshit.

How? what a daft question, its easy seens your the manager you inform said player if he doesnt start taking more responsibility then he will be dropped. And im not talking about Kuyt missing sitters when Gerrard & Torres are out im talking about when some of our players pass the ball to them when they are playing and think that their work is done because Gerrard or Torres will take on 5 players and win the game for them.

It isn't that daft a question. You can't drop the whole of the team! for starters, and it is a little bit more complicated than just dropping someone if they dont take responsibility. As I say, I would criticise Alonso and Mascherano for their performance on Saturday but It is Kuyt, El Zar, Babel and Gerrard who are responsible for not taking their chances, equally if Gerrard is missing it is up to Mascherano and Alonso to perform as they did against United, not as they did against Fulham. As I say we are not talking about kids, why should any manager have to say to seasoned internationals 'take more reponsibility?' they should do it automatically.

To be honest, I am being ultra defensive of Rafa at the moment and probably responding to thoughtful criticism as I would to a rant!!! I am not saying you are wrong, but I think their is a bit more to it! for instance can you imagine how much shit he would get if he DID drop Alonso for not taking responsibility?