You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How do you feel about the appointment of Brendan Rodgers as manager?

How do you feel about the appointment of Brendan Rodgers as manager?  

373 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the appointment of Brendan Rodgers as manager?

• I'm very happy, great appointment.
    • I'm reasonably happy and quite excited.
    • I'm reserving judgement, a massive risk by the club.
    • I'm far from happy, there are better qualified managers available.
    • I'm fuming, this guy is a complete novice.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I feel completely numb this time. It just doesn't feel like my club anymore. I've looked at forums and there's either a weird eagerness to believe for the sake of it, or bewilderment. I can't even feel bewildered. I have no idea how Rodgers is going to do, but I don't feel much anxiety about it. I guess Henry's definition of 'the Liverpool Family' has made me throw up once too often.

I'm really quite impressed by this appointment. He's a young, up and coming manager. He's hungry, he's demanding from the players, and he has a career to build. He looks at football the right way and, as of right now, I believe in his vision.

Now, it might be that he spends 35m on Grant Holt and 20m on, I dunno, somebody who's clearly pretty useless, the football might just be predictable nonsense from 1995, and if that happens a reassessment needs to take place. If his vision for the team is taking us down the league, I'll stop believing in it.

There's a really maniacal picture of Rodgers doing his usual shark on PCP mentalist greeting when shaking Kenny's hand - who isn't even looking at him - that I find really disturbing

I don't want to make any negative, pessimistic or doom-laden predictions about how much of a success or otherwise Rodgers will be, because I'm usually right, so I will wait and see for a bit longer before making my predictions

There's a really maniacal picture of Rodgers doing his usual shark on PCP mentalist greeting when shaking Kenny's hand - who isn't even looking at him - that I find really disturbing

Yes, I quite agree. His eyes look like they're about to burst out of their sockets.

I dont know why you are all hung up on how he looks. Have you ever been to Northern Ireland? We all look like mental bastards that eat their own children. Its a country full of Call Centres, because when English phone up to complain they hear the accent and shit themselves. I predict the changing room will be the same....

Brendan your an arrogant cunt, "always right" A fucking legend in your own mind.

Guest ShoePiss
I dont know why you are all hung up on how he looks. Have you ever been to Northern Ireland? We all look like mental bastards that eat their own children. Its a country full of Call Centres, because when English phone up to complain they hear the accent and shit themselves. I predict the changing room will be the same....

Brendan your an arrogant cunt, "always right" A fucking legend in your own mind.

It's involuntary shitting of oneself due to the noise coming out of the telephone though. Sonic warfare.

His self-righteous indignation, coupled with his love for Kenny, has narrowed his perspective down into a cross-eyed frenzy.

Oh, by the way, something that is important to this thread and the point i was trying to make (before you and Captain Stayaway chimed in and which incidentally leads on nicely from that pitiful post of yours i've quoted there and gets the thread back on topic) is that it's not about one manager in particular, it's about the managers position in general and how the likes of you were wrong to target the manager and him alone last season when it's now abundantly clear that all hasn't been well within the club over the last 18 months. The Suarez fiasco should have been a big indicator of that and a warning sign to hold fire somewhat but the likes of you continued blissfully unaware, ignorant of anything that didn't fit with your agenda (and you talk about others and their inability to contrast and compare situations objectively, guffaw) You're all hot air, you've no substance to anything you claim there and you were wrong to want Dalglish sacked. Stop trying to justify your stance, it's pathetic, you've been well wide of the mark. Just like people were wrong to target Benitez when there were greater problems within the club.

Now you preen with false optimism over this new appointment and get all giddy over any PR coming from the club. Like FSG you're very much out of touch but at least with Henry n co. there's hope that they can marry together business and football a little better, over time. With supporters like you, you're entrenched in your own nonsense and repulsively so. Stubborn in your ignorance when taking a step back and viewing things from another perspective would be far more ideal for yourself and everyone else.

Brendan Rodgers will make mistakes. Those mistakes will be exacerbated if those running the club are still not fulfilling their end of the bargain. You cannot separate off the field from the on the field. One depends on the other. FSG need to get their shit together.

There needs to be healthy skepticism with regards to anything FSG and Ian Ayre say or do. Many wont be overwhelmed with Rodgers' appointment because they're still trying to digest what has happened at the club over the last few months. There is no clear direction, nothing for fans to base any real hope on and not everyone is willing to take a leap of faith in believing these businessmen are suddenly going to start getting things right.

Just to finish with a word of caution - if you don't like people calling you stupid then don't quote them, don't refer to them in anyway and preferably try and put a bit more thought into what you're saying.

Stick to what's important.

I feel completely numb this time. It just doesn't feel like my club anymore. I've looked at forums and there's either a weird eagerness to believe for the sake of it, or bewilderment. I can't even feel bewildered. I have no idea how Rodgers is going to do, but I don't feel much anxiety about it. I guess Henry's definition of 'the Liverpool Family' has made me throw up once too often.

Sums it up for me, too. I feel totally disconnected from the club; no optimism, no pessimism. We're in a cycle now, just like any other club. You bring a manager in, they get the best out of the teamstraight away, and if they don't you just get rid of them. There's no connection, no appreciation for people who understand the traditions or the values of the club, no sentiment, no heart, there are just winners and losers. It means nothing now, nothing but points on a table that we pay out of our pockets to be a part of.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Just to finish with a word of caution - if you don't like people calling you stupid then don't quote them, don't refer to them in anyway and preferably try and put a bit more thought into what you're saying.

Stick to what's important.

After yet another predictable display of insulting drivel, I find being told to 'stick to what's important' pretty hilarious. Every time you disagree with someone, and there's many examples, you play the man and not the ball. You seem totally incapable of making a non-aggressive post in which you call people 'stupid telly clappers'. Empty vessels.

As for being called stupid, I've no problem with it at all. Only somebody stupid would mind being called stupid. I don't share your same inferiority complex, so you're more than welcome to call me stupid all you like; you're a nobody to me. Enjoy this thread though. I'm not wasting any more of my time on you.

After yet another predictable display of insulting drivel, I find being told to 'stick to what's important' pretty hilarious. Every time you disagree with someone, and there's many examples, you play the man and not the ball. You seem totally incapable of making a non-aggressive post in which you call people 'stupid telly clappers'. Empty vessels.

Yeah, when disagreeing with likes of you and Captain Clap. How can you not see the correlation. Ah, that's right, you're thick. The irony of you calling anyone an empty vessel or accusing anyone else of 'playing the man and not the ball' *spits* is wonderful. You really have no self awareness whatsoever.

You initiate these exchanges, you odious cretin and then cry arse when it doesn't go so well for you (Which is every time and full marks for consistency, haha) You're a sorry individual, i've had a great time making a mockery of you and let's be honest, you are defo arse.

Sums it up for me, too. I feel totally disconnected from the club; no optimism, no pessimism. We're in a cycle now, just like any other club. You bring a manager in, they get the best out of the teamstraight away, and if they don't you just get rid of them. There's no connection, no appreciation for people who understand the traditions or the values of the club, no sentiment, no heart, there are just winners and losers. It means nothing now, nothing but points on a table that we pay out of our pockets to be a part of.

Well you need to snap out of it and stop being such a fuckin girl. Ohh my feelings, my club, they just don't understand... You all sound like my bird. The times have moved on, this attitude has kept us living in the past and no the change has come. Embrace it. Treat it like a new dawn. Who says you can't have all the above and even more? People need to get their over emotional self pitying heads out of their asses. Go and watch another sport or get a hobby. Hopefully we will get an overhall of fans aswell at the club and negative moaning victims like those who are posting shit like the above drift off into other things so we can attract a new more positive fanbase. Clear the deadwood out of the stands as well.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Well you need to snap out of it and stop being such a fuckin girl. Ohh my feelings, my club, they just don't understand... You all sound like my bird. The times have moved on, this attitude has kept us living in the past and no the change has come. Embrace it. Treat it like a new dawn. Who says you can't have all the above and even more? People need to get their over emotional self pitying heads out of their asses. Go and watch another sport or get a hobby. Hopefully we will get an overhall of fans aswell at the club and negative moaning victims like those who are posting shit like the above drift off into other things so we can attract a new more positive fanbase. Clear the deadwood out of the stands as well.

Did you read Lawro in the Mirror? He sounded a mixture of suicidal and angry at Kenny getting sacked.