You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Carra

The likes of Lucas, Johnson & Skrtel have reached their best level of performance under Dalglish.

Just stating idle nonsense.

Its not like injuries hampered Skrtel's progress under Benitez, is it?

Or the fact Lucas was much younger when Benitez was here?

You should have that written in your signature by the way, would save newer members having to read the shite you, mostly, post.

Its not like injuries hampered Skrtel's progress under Benitez, is it?

Or the fact Lucas was much younger when Benitez was here?

You should have that written in your signature by the way, would save newer members having to read the shite you, mostly, post.

Ah, now you look for a bit of context.

Phenomenal irony there, from you.

I think Johnson was at his best in the first few months for us. Skrtel has had very good runs with Carra under Rafa. Agree about Lucas.

Rafa purchased all three.

That's what good managers do, when allowed time and room for error, they get the best out of good players.

I'm going to really put the cat amongst the pigeons now.

Carra is a Liverpool legend, and will go down in folklore because of the length of his career here, his medal haul, and his fantastic ability especially during his golden period from 2004-2009. Fans will talk of last ditch challenges against Schevchenko and the likes for years to come.

Benitez will also go down in Liverpool history because he managed us to a European Cup win, becoming 1 of only 3 managers to do that in our long and illustrious history. He is not a club legend in many peoples eyes, and some people actually hate him, but that’s fine, because in lots of other peoples eyes he is a club legend. And do you know what? That’s ok. No one will ever forget the emotions they went through and the feelings they had when Dudek saved that penalty and for that he goes down in history.

Cara = Great

Rafa = Great

Accept it and move the fuck on.

Carra is a Liverpool legend, and will go down in folklore because of the length of his career here, his medal haul, and his fantastic ability especially during his golden period from 2004-2009. Fans will talk of last ditch challenges against Schevchenko and the likes for years to come.

Benitez will also go down in Liverpool history because he managed us to a European Cup win, becoming 1 of only 3 managers to do that in our long and illustrious history. He is not a club legend in many peoples eyes, and some people actually hate him, but that’s fine, because in lots of other peoples eyes he is a club legend. And do you know what? That’s ok. No one will ever forget the emotions they went through and the feelings they had when Dudek saved that penalty and for that he goes down in history.

Cara = Great

Rafa = Great

Not really Johnny, just talking sense.

I think the only salient at this point in time is that Carra doesn't deserve to be one of the two first-choice starting CBs right now. We can discuss his legend status when he finally retires, because I'd hate to say it, but another year or two of the level of performance we've seen recently may diminish his status yet.

Hate to say it, but that was last year's debate. This year should really be about whether he should have been 4th or 5th pick in central defense. This isn't Carra's fault though, someone in the management should have discovered it long ago, as most sane football followers outside L4 have.

Just as a side note. The one player I have probably loved most at Liverpool was Robbie Fowler. When he got treated badly by Houllier, I was angry, but when Leeds came calling I knew it was right to let him go. When he returned in a much worse state a few years later a piece of my heart melted, but at the same time I knew it was wrong in terms of us going places.

Carra will always be a big part of our history, I just don't think he's good enough to play for us anymore, and I think he'll struggle to find employment elsewhere in the PL (at least for the top half sides). I think he knows this too, therefore trying to milk it as much as possible. I have no doubts that Kenny is trying to give him a great sendoff by playing him as much as possible now (I think Carra might be announcing his retirement at the end of the season). I just think it's wrong - personal sentiments should never come in when trying to reach your goals. Possibly play him in the last home league game of the season if/when nothing is at stake anyway (like Sami should have started the Spurs game), but playing him in the cup semi was madness, and I really hope Kenny has learnt from that. Judging on this season that is unlikely, and I fully expect Kenny to start Carra in the final too.

Hopefully someone has explained the situation to Coates, I'd be absolutely fuming if I were him or Enrique right now. Whoever Henderson plays/played instead of - likewise.

Still with this? I quit this site over this endless debate in its time, still isn't going away...

I find it strange how desperate people are to belittle Benitez' accomplishments, and likewise the urge to demonise Carra.

Am I allowed to like both? I was very relieved when Rafa left, after the worst league season since Souness, and I was highly critical of Carra getting a 2 year contract at the time he did. But then again, are we right to expect our club servants to be flawless characters?

It's the same about Benitez being touted as "a political animal", but is he really? He's certainly not very good at it, considering he's usually on the losing side of his political battles.

The thing that bothers me isn't Benitez, it's the people idolising him. It seems like you have to pick sides in a perceived battle in good vs evil (Carra) and follow some golden script of how things really went down.

So what if Carra was asked about Benitez and said he'd rather he didn't continue as manager. First of all it wasn't his call to make. What's more, is he not allowed to be of that opinion? He certainly knows a hell of a lot more about the state of thing than the "experts" blerting around in here.

It's also quite rich that the same people touting the "OMG KENNY SPENT 1 GAZILLION MONEYS!!1" are the same vigorously defending Benitez with the most far out arguments like "we were only allowed to buy Aquilani or noone" or "NET SPEND!". How much has Kenny spent, net? £40m or so? And somehow this was supposed to magically take us into 4th or better this season. At the same time these people are talking about "perspective " on the Benitez period, making it sound like a dramatic drop from 2nd to 7th was merely a little blip or an accident. Double standards, at best.

If we don't have any progress next season and we decide to part with Kenny, then I would certainly hope Rafa was in contention for the job. It's a shame the rest of us has to suffer his unbearable acolytes though.

Hopefully someone has explained the situation to Coates, I'd be absolutely fuming if I were him or Enrique right now. Whoever Henderson plays/played instead of - likewise.

Enrique has been a liability since x-mas, would do him a lot of good to focus on his play rather than fuming at his manager.

Cara = Great

Rafa = Great

*wild applause*

Now everyone can shut the fuck up.

I think both Rafa and Carra have contributed to the history of this club and have both had their time here and need to move on.

Carra is going to try to play for as long as possible and the decision for him to retire or move on needs to be sorted out before the cup final i think.

If Carra wants to carry on playing then our management should let him know that after this season it wont be here.

Fourth or fifth choice would not be a good idea IMO.

I think Rafa needs to move on too and IF the LFC managers job became available again,although i'd be against him getting it,i'd say he needs to be managing again before he was even considered.

Enrique has been a liability since x-mas, would do him a lot of good to focus on his play rather than fuming at his manager.

I've covered this before, but I'll have a quick go again. I think Enrique's drop of form has had just as much to do with the absences of Lucas and Agger as it has with his playing time (too much). Hell, you might even blame the management for not giving him a breather during one of our miserable league games lately. But to drop him to accomodate Carra, who has been nothing short of a disaster this season, in our biggest game of the season - that smacks of poor (and biased) leadership imo.

I'm guessing most - if not alll - of our South American/spanish speaking contingent will be off soon, whether we like it or not. The (mis)management of Coates, Maxi and Enrique (and now Suso - who surely can't be pleased with his lack of involvement) just add to the misery of our worst league season since Souness. But there are positives - I'm sure Carra's wife will have someone to share her interior architect's work with in English in coming years - as we're heading for total domination using purely English players. Yippee!

I assume you'll be saying the same if we get rid of Dalglish then?

Why would I?

We have just won a final, just won a semi final against our biggets rivals and we are playing a final again in two weeks time.

I could not be more pleased with our manager at the moment.

If we go 4 years without a trophy and repeatedly gets knocked out of cups by minnows in that same period I'd applaud everyone who helps get rid of a manager who clings on to the job without any real ideas about how to fix it and on top of that play shite football.

Did I want Rafa to go in 2006?

Not I did not, so why on earth would I say the same thing with Dalglish in mind?