You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

Guest Numero Veinticinco

If Henry went by what was said on t'internet, we'd have Rafa as manager. He's certainly not have been seen interviewing Martinez.

I think the 8th place finish, the worst run of Anfield form for over 50 years and the fact that we wasted £100m on Adam, Horrenderson, downing and Carroll played a bigger factor in the decision.

Obviously I could be wrong, I admit that. But I'm not wrong.

If they had bothered to get people in who actually knew football so that 100M would've been better spent but the thought of having football men in the boardroom scared the shit out of them (get the feeling these owners don't like having people under them who know about their asset then they do).

Don't forget Standard Chartered's public hissy fit about the Saurez Evra thing. They are more concerened about global reputation (and thus theirs) then they are about team performance. They now seem concerened only with treading water and remaining consistant and not advancing, as that costs money.

If they had bothered to get people in who actually knew football so that 100M would've been better spent but the thought of having football men in the boardroom scared the shit out of them (get the feeling these owners don't like having people under them who know about their asset then they do).

Don't forget Standard Chartered's public hissy fit about the Saurez Evra thing. They are more concerened about global reputation (and thus theirs) then they are about team performance. They now seem concerened only with treading water and remaining consistant and not advancing, as that costs money.

I'm not going to entertain the idea that on a site populated by many grown adults, that we're looking for behind-the-scene reasons for sacking the manager who took us to our worst finish in decades and spent over £100m in 18 in doing so.

Stop it, it's a nonsense, the World Trade Centre was hit by two fucking planes, there were no bombs.

Back, and to the left. Back, and to the left.

The flag shouldn't be moving in space.

What do you mean get people in who 'knew about football' to spend the £100m? Isn't that Kenny's job? Alright, where were the people who didnt tell Rafa that Aquilani was a complete twat? And who didn't advise Hodgson about Poulson?

Meh, what do I care, it's Friday and I'm going to get launched later.

I'm sorry but they appointed Comoli and Kenny, who then spent that money! Football men, who knew football spent that £100m.

Are you suggesting that he was sacked based on some loonies moaning about him on the internet?

YOU'RE SILLY.

Actually, without wanting to overstate the influence of 'moaning on the internet' - Martin Broughton made reference to exactly this and the media view of Liverpool due to those moaners in court.

Not sure exactly how much influence it has but it I'm sure it does have an influence.

I'm sorry but they appointed Comoli and Kenny, who then spent that money! Football men, who knew football spent that £100m.

True but it was still a boardroom full of money men and corporate blow hards who know fuck all about running a top football club that let it happen. Who in the top 4/5 has a structure like that? Imagine if Arsenal had Kenny and Commoli. Would they have allowed that level of spending on that degree of shite. No chance.

They then get rid of KD and DC promising to bridge this gap with all these new appointments. Rodgers turns up saying he can do it all and save them appointing 2 or more people, seeing the potential saving they appoint him leaving us back where we started now short of a DoF and a very green manager. Was the game yesterday Rodgers first in Europe as a manager?

Did any of you honestly think we'd have a manager who's European experience was set to zero after the rep we built in the 70's and 80's and then rekindled in the 00's?

Nobody will ever convince me we got rid of Aquilani for footballing reasons when we have Spearing and Henderson.

Lets carry on cutting that wage bill.

Spot on. We're even subsidising his wages with Fiorentina for the next two years as well.

We're not heading for oblivion, but it's very Leeds-esque.

FSG know they can't count on CL football for the next few years, so are trimming accordingly.

True but it was still a boardroom full of money men and corporate blow hards who know fuck all about running a top football club that let it happen. Who in the top 4/5 has a structure like that? Imagine if Arsenal had Kenny and Commoli. Would they have allowed that level of spending on that degree of shite. No chance.

They then get rid of KD and DC promising to bridge this gap with all these new appointments. Rodgers turns up saying he can do it all and save them appointing 2 or more people, seeing the potential saving they appoint him leaving us back where we started now short of a DoF and a very green manager. Was the game yesterday Rodgers first in Europe as a manager?

Did any of you honestly think we'd have a manager who's European experience was set to zero after the rep we built in the 70's and 80's and then rekindled in the 00's?

Sorry mate but that sounds like we need football men in the boardroom, no not those football men!

You complain about their lack of football knowledge, but they appointed a DoF and employed Kenny yet still those two (nobody else is to blame at all) spent £20m on Downing. What is the point?

You are argue that they don't have football men making the decisions (which was wrong), acknowledge we did have football men and now argue that those football men shouldn't be allowed to make decisions on who to buy! So what is the solution, appoint another football man to ensure the decisions of the other football men is correct!

This is why I think that a lot of the criticism of FSG is not justified, people are contradicting themselves in a rush to criticise.

Edited by Whelan

Even if we're only paying £10k of his wages for the next two years, it's manna from heaven.

By the way, FUCK OFF Alberto, you shithouse cunt, I'd punch him right in his cyclops eye.

Yeah, I'm with you on this one, let's get these lazy, money-grabbing foreigners out of the door.

British all the way. We need heart and desire and someone who can run all day.

Nobody will ever convince me we got rid of Aquilani for footballing reasons when we have Spearing and Henderson.

Lets carry on cutting that wage bill.

Henderson is a new signing who hasn't been given a chance in his proper position yet and should remain at the club and I'm glad Brendan can see that.

Spearing is shite but who exactly wants him?

Aquilani has talent but he's a luxury player that we can't afford. He doesn't score nor assist enough as an attacking midfielder and he can't tackle well enough to play in the centre or as a holding player obviously.

The fact we got him off the wage bill to any extent is a blessing and now we can go about replacing him, hopefully with Joe Allen or someone similar who is more suited to the role we need and hopefully not for the 15m quoted which is bizarre.

Even if we're only paying £10k of his wages for the next two years, it's manna from heaven.

By the way, FUCK OFF Alberto, you shithouse cunt, I'd punch him right in his cyclops eye.

The reports are saying around £1.75 million to £2.5 million for two seasons is what we are paying in wages.

Yeah, I'm with you on this one, let's get these lazy, money-grabbing foreigners out of the door.

British all the way. We need heart and desire and someone who can run all day.

Aquilani should have some goal in life, he doesn't, he's just a sponging cunt who's grabbing onto us because he knows NOBODY ELSE would ever pay him as much. Even if we were Division 3, he'd still be desperate to stay with us. What sort of fucking attitude is that? Morally a shithouse, a complete shithouse of epic proportions who should be saying "ok, I'm a millionaire, I dont need any more money, I want to better myself". But no, MONEY MONEY MONEY CUNT MONEY BOSS EYED TWAT.

Aquilani should have some goal in life, he doesn't, he's just a sponging cunt who's grabbing onto us because he knows NOBODY ELSE would ever pay him as much. Even if we were Division 3, he'd still be desperate to stay with us. What sort of fucking attitude is that? Morally a shithouse, a complete shithouse of epic proportions who should be saying "ok, I'm a millionaire, I dont need any more money, I want to better myself". But no, MONEY MONEY MONEY CUNT MONEY BOSS EYED TWAT.

Aquilani has not behaved badly at all. He's been shunted out and left in limbo for the last three summers because we've been trying to flog him to everyone.

Has he ever refused to train? Has he ever gone AWOL? Has he ever refused to play?

So what if he wants the money he is entitled to on his contract. He doesn't love the club and neither do 95% of our players.

How is it any different than Jovanovic who got a payoff? Or Voronin? I didn't see either of them scampering to the door.

If you seriously think there are more than a couple of players at the club who aren't here for the money you're even more deluded than I already think you are.

Easily the worst piece of business the club has ever done. The shithouse cost 17m to buy, a fortune in signing on fees and wages and now to top it off he gets paid to leave on a free.

And to think that previous manager were lambasted for loaning him out, they were all quite correct to do so. Even Rafa would have fucked him off if he kept his job that summer.

A lot of angry people around. I can understand their frustration, at the end of the day though, three years ago the club offered him a lucrative 6-year(!) deal although he failed his medical and was coming back from a very serious injury. So we signed an injured player to replace Xabi Alonso. That decision was catastrophic. Additionally, I think the club should have kept Meirelis, the only player signed who really improved our midfield since Alonso's departure.

The thing is what do we do now? Our current midfield is midtable at most. We urgently need to add some quality in this department. Is Joe Allen enough? Not sure.