You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I really, really like Rage Against the Machine, and fucking loved The Darkness and was sad when they split up.

In fact, I think there should just be a music amnesty thread.

Could that really be considered amnesty material though? As opposed to me thinking they are a bunch of over-political whiny bitches?

I know that he's a fictional character and some of the situations he gets in are extremely contrived or outlandish, but I still think Simon is okay.

I agree, but not quite the GF hall of famer or unwitting comic genius he is depicted as. And as I've said a few times, a large proportion of me (i.e my cock) still wonders if he's a windup.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The band Elbow, nobody will shut-the-fuck up about them but they're shite. Even though they've been around for 20 years they've only got three fucking songs, all of which contain a violin. They pretentiously arrange fucking choirboys around the place when they gig, and the sweaty bastard lead singer tries to get the crowd to sing for him at every opportunity because he's out of breath. Huge pile of steaming, hot, shite.

The band Elbow, nobody will shut-the-fuck up about them but they're shite. Even though they've been around for 20 years they've only got three fucking songs, all of which contain a violin. They pretentiously arrange fucking choirboys around the place when they gig, and the sweaty bastard lead singer tries to get the crowd to sing for him at every opportunity because he's out of breath. Huge pile of steaming, hot, shite.

Word. Up.

Nothing that bloke has done, ever, has raised so much as a smirk out me.

Bo selecta was original and funny, you're like a fucking leper these days though if you haven't seen the latest episode of Celebrity juice, annoys the shite out of me it does,oh and that Rufus fella is dead funny, seriously, just so funny, this isn't sarcasm, it isn't.

• 1 year later...

The Doors and Nirvana are fucking massively overrated. Their music is 'decent' and that is all. If their lead men hadn't killed themselves they wouldn't have anything near the weird idolatry they have now.

Dr Who is a kids show. Nothing wrong with that at all, enjoy it for what it is but if you claim otherwise, for example saying it is some kind of British cultural masterpiece of mock-horror you need to stop wanking off in your pokemon pyjamas.

George Takei should shut the fuck up. You were in Star Trek years ago just to be the token asian, that doesn't entitle you to spout off on twitter every five minutes. Most of the stuff you post is retarded and it is 2013, no-one cares that you like it up the shitpipe so shut up and stop milking the love of your leftie, limp-wristed followers.

• Downvote 1

On The Road is unspeakably dull yet somehow its revered as a classic of 20th century fiction.

Jack Kerouac was a talentless third-rate hack, and his enduring pop-culture-manufactured reputation as some sort of visionary is one of the worst of all the horrific offenses the United States has committed against literature. If he had drank himself to death twenty-five years sooner, before vomiting any of his tedious prose onto paper, the world would have been a much better place. The fact that he's remembered and Burroughs is nearly forgotten is criminal.

Also, while I'm here, who the hell thinks golf is a spectator sport? It's shit. Whenever I see golf being shown on television, I despair for the future of western civilization.

Nirvana were utter shit!

All rap music and hip hop is arse gravy.

John Lennon's post Beatles career was mostly shite. Imagine is the most overrated oversimplified nursery rhyme since I'd Like to teach the world to sing by the New Seekers.

Everything Kylie Minogue has done is bollox.

Kanye West should be killed on site.

Top Gear everyone who watches it or who appears in it should be sterilised to protect our species

Radiohead.

They just bore the shit out of me. One or two decent songs, but mostly just a load of whiny, pseudo intellectual bollocks. Johnny Greenwood aside, they can fuck right off.

JG Ballard

Just fucking garbage. If Crash was written by a sixth form English Lit student, you'd throw it in the bin and give the kid a clip round the ear. Because it's written by him, however, you get academics stroking their own beards every time semen hits the dashboard. Oh- and The Atrocity Exhibition is just one massive big haemorrhoid on the arse of literature.

Star Trek

Boring. If you invest your time in such nonsense, then proceed to give your head the most monumental of wobbles.

Billy Connolly

Not funny. Simple as.