You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I can't believe what I'm reading. I am livid!

That may come as a relief to the 60-year-old but for his admirers there may remain concern over his loss of temper, the sense, even, that for the second time in two decades the task of managing Liverpool is proving too great a responsibilty for the club's greatest player.

Is there any need for that comment?

Because he wasn't smiling about getting beaten he's out of his depth? The responsibility is 'too great' because he has understandably spoken out about contentious refereeing decisions going against us whilst Fungus is given free reign to bring the game into disrepute virtually every time he opens his flap?

This is a disgrace.

I was annoyed by his earlier article (http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/2923681-post713.html), but this is up another notch.

And is this really the same writer from our own TLW? (Sachin Nakrani -)

He's an idiot.

His interpretations and colouring of Kenny's comments go beyond the pale. These are not the observations of a skilled broadsheet journalist, they are attention-seeking, knee-jerk, shock-jock drivel.

Moron.

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That may come as a relief to the 60-year-old but for his admirers there may remain concern over his loss of temper, the sense, even, that for the second time in two decades the task of managing Liverpool is proving too great a responsibilty for the club's greatest player.

Because he wasn't smiling about getting beaten he's out of his depth? The responsibility is 'too great' because he has understandably spoken out about contentious refereeing decisions going against us whilst Fungus is given free reign to bring the game into disrepute virtually every time he opens his flap?

This is a disgrace.

I was annoyed by his earlier article (http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/2923681-post713.html), but this is up another notch.

He's an idiot.

His interpretations and colouring of Kenny's comments go beyond the pale. These are not the observations of a skilled broadsheet journalist, they are attention-seeking, knee-jerk, shock-jock drivel.

Moron.

mypost got himself employed.

for the second time in two decades the task of managing Liverpool is proving too great a responsibilty for the club's greatest player.

That is one cunt of a comment.

Stats from the game:

- 73% possession

- 16 shots on goal to 2

- 7 shots on target to 1

- 12 corners to 2

- Pass accuracy of 78%

We would all have taken that before the game. It was just one of those days for us on Saturday.

Stop getting your knickers in a twist.

Some people need to get a reality check if they thing we'll 'twat' spurs away next week. That's another very tough game and another place we dont usually get good results at.

While I hope for a win, we'll do very well to come away with a draw in that game.

They fucking battered us at Anfield last season, and the addition of Parker makes their midfield stronger, and Adebayor can also score goals.

We'll be lucky to get a point.

They fucking battered us at Anfield last season, and the addition of Parker makes their midfield stronger, and Adebayor can also score goals.

We'll be lucky to get a point.

Dont be so dramatic. They played well but how many shots or chances did they actually create?

I only remember the goal which was a deflected hit and hope and a bullshit penalty.

They controlled possession in the first half and defended well.

Battered implies they ripped us to shreds. Although you are one to provide the emotive touch to emails.

I'll be happy with 4th this season, although we need to get it, we outplayed stoke but we could not finish them off, we have this indecisiveness about finishing teams off, hard to take but the mancs always look like scoring when they need to, hopefully we can start finishing teams off.

spurs will be tough, but I think we can beat them.

Heaven help us all.

Was that really in The Independent newspaper?

Is there a "Fanz-zone" section or something on the website where polemic viewpoints are invited to generate hits?

I feel genuinely embarrassed. Genuinely embarrassed.

I’ve said before, we need a “stock” goal; we need a plan to score rather than control the game and hope the little man can produce some magic.

Many strikes in the PL, aside from set piece goals, come from getting behind full backs and crossing along the six yard box – look at Utd on satdee, for example. Do we attempt to do this? It is not obvious on any concerted basis. We should be practicing getting full backs and others outside our wide players on an overlap with this plan in mind. We also need players in the box attacking the front post and hanging off looking for scraps.

It was frustrating to watch us play Valencia when nothing much seemed to have happened since last season and then watch Utd the next day who seem to be trying to develop their game after being stuffed by Barcelona. Utd now pass the ball more quickly and have a lot of movement.

I do not want to be too negative as we dominated at Stoke; 74% possession, 15 shots to 2 and there are some very good signs. But we do not score the goals our play merits – all 3 previous PL games support this view - and the coaching staff need to address this.

This is a disgrace.

He's an idiot.

Moron.

They are total imbeciles arent they? They daily wail ran a similar story and claimed it was the pressure on the King to get CL football this season and how's he going to handle it later on?

I thought that was a particularly cheap shot to the King's past tbh.

But, they miss the point what the King is trying to do. He was drawing attention to ferguson's comments about refs giving his wobblyheeded keeper de gea 'more' protection immediately before they played bolton, a side not unknow for the physical approach to the game even under coyle.

He was also drawing attention to a certain club or clubs getting favourable decisions over the last 20 years. Fuck even dot cotton has admitted he should have been sent off in those virtual back to back games against wba and stoke. Yet he wasnt. Why> Because refs go 'easeh' on united due to ferguson.

I’ve said before, we need a “stock” goal; we need a plan to score rather than control the game and hope the little man can produce some magic.

Many strikes in the PL, aside from set piece goals, come from getting behind full backs and crossing along the six yard box – look at Utd on satdee, for example. Do we attempt to do this? It is not obvious on any concerted basis. We should be practicing getting full backs and others outside our wide players on an overlap with this plan in mind. We also need players in the box attacking the front post and hanging off looking for scraps.

It was frustrating to watch us play Valencia when nothing much seemed to have happened since last season and then watch Utd the next day who seem to be trying to develop their game after being stuffed by Barcelona. Utd now pass the ball more quickly and have a lot of movement.

I do not want to be too negative as we dominated at Stoke; 74% possession, 15 shots to 2 and there are some very good signs. But we do not score the goals our play merits – all 3 previous PL games support this view - and the coaching staff need to address this.

That's a really good point, I've been thinking the same.

It could just be that we are a new team and it takes time for the players to know what their team mates are about so sometimes we shoot instead of passing and vice versa.

It could also be that we don't yet have a grooved system of play and the coaches are working at it on the training ground. We are making a radical shift from the previous regime with a return to pass-and-move but it's true that at times we lack a genuine cutting edge, a clinical end-product.

It may also indicate that we need another striker to finish off moves because Luis tends to be hit and miss as does Kuyt and Carroll just doesn't fit in with the style of play. Maybe Bellamy will feature from now on.

I fear for the future of journalism.

This was particularly cringeworthy-

"But, of course, once upon a time, Liverpool were a "big four" club. On Thursday, in Champions League week, Stoke go to Dynamo Kiev in the Europa League. The Liverpool players, er, have the evening off. As the Second Coming of Dalglish, the legend, takes shape, he still has much to prove."

Sour grapes?

I was shocked, but there's actually a decent piece on Tomkins' blog about those 2 articles -

Kenny Dalglish Is Ruining Liverpool | The Tomkins Times | Paul Tomkins' blog about Liverpool Football Club (LFC)

I fear for the future of journalism.

This was particularly cringeworthy-

"But, of course, once upon a time, Liverpool were a "big four" club. On Thursday, in Champions League week, Stoke go to Dynamo Kiev in the Europa League. The Liverpool players, er, have the evening off. As the Second Coming of Dalglish, the legend, takes shape, he still has much to prove."

Sour grapes?

I was shocked, but there's actually a decent piece on Tomkins' blog about those 2 articles -

Kenny Dalglish Is Ruining Liverpool | The Tomkins Times | Paul Tomkins' blog about Liverpool Football Club (LFC)

That's a good article by Tomkins.

who was the player that totally shit out in a 50/50 on midfield I think it was downing, i was surprised and annoyed by it as a break was easily on. Gutting result but the performance werent too bad we were sloppy with passing at times though.

Was it Enrique? I seem to remember him looking as though he backed out.

who was the player that totally shit out in a 50/50 on midfield I think it was downing, i was surprised and annoyed by it as a break was easily on. Gutting result but the performance werent too bad we were sloppy with passing at times though.

That was horrendous I thought it was Enrique. It wasn't even a 50/50. He could have clearly took that ball a few strides ahead of the other player.