You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When are we likely to get definitive stadium news?

Nathanzx

The world works in such a way that people are mainly happy when they're complaining. They'll find a negative in even the most positive aspect. It's how it works. I understand that. But it won't stop me replying to negativity

The West i'd say, rather than the world. With the UK being the epicentre.

I don't think anyone would disagree that they have done ok to date. Some will not like them because they sacked a manager, or because they refused to countenance another manager, but from a financial point of view, they have done what they said they would.

Way to oversimplify.

You're just asking for someone to repeat themselves.

No. Because judging people on what other people have done is, for the most part, daft.

I think FSG have actually done pretty much what was being asked by us of an owner towards the end of the horrendous regime of H&G. They've re-invested money from sales and added fair amounts each window to the kitty.

On top of that, despite all the nonsense spoken, I actually think the stadium issue is moving on exactly as you'd think. If not a bit quicker.

So all in all I think they've been good owners.

However, I'm not relentlessly positive on them as they have made some cock ups. The Cheng issue, for example, was a bit of a cock up. But only a bit. Of course, the football fan says it's a massive disaster and ranted and raved. The truth is you trust a Director of a major corporation to manage himself. He did ok, but let himself down on that one and it cost him his job. Done and dusted, yet Liverpool fans will drag it up as some massive issue time and time again when everyone else moved on within minutes. See Tony Evans and "China buy Liverpool" and how often we have to suffer that as some example to prove he's always wrong.

On top of that, you have people frustrated and wanting proper visual action now on the stadium. But they won't get it for a while yet, as that's not how it works. 10% of the stadium work will be the building. 90% is the preparation. I think the prep is coming along well.

Just tried to select certain bits but it's brimming with so much BS. Yes, wave a dismissive hand at the negative ninnies everything is fine.

The stadium you say? All going swimmingly.

Based on what?

Dunno but what I will say is that FSG are good owners.

Based on what?

Oh, well, to be honest I just love to be nauseatingly positive, regardless. This enables me to hop up upon my high horse and wag my finger at people venting on the internet; comments which usually have more basis in reality than my guff but then what does that matter when I'm firmly embedded in the forum's colon.

If you're going to dismiss people's concerns then at least give them the consolation of something substantial they can cling to. Otherwise you just look like you're indulging yourself.

This is just my theory so don't shoot me.

The first job will be to acquire the properties outside the Anfield Road end and the Main Stand. As far as I know the club is doing just that. The next job will then be to get planning permission. If that can be done, construction can then start. Firstly the job will be to demolish the properties around the two stands and then extend the stands.

Ian Ayre has confirmed Liverpool are on schedule to meet those targets initially set out.

This is just my theory so don't shoot me.

The first job will be to acquire the properties outside the Anfield Road end and the Main Stand. As far as I know the club is doing just that. The next job will then be to get planning permission. If that can be done, construction can then start. Firstly the job will be to demolish the properties around the two stands and then extend the stands.

Ian Ayre has confirmed Liverpool are on schedule to meet those targets initially set out.

You have described no more than a build process, acquire the land, obtain PP, proceed.

There is no schedule.

What we all await are the proposals to turn Anfield into a stadium worthy of the 21st century, and capable of enabling us to financially compete with the elite.

You have described no more than a build process, acquire the land, obtain PP, proceed.

There is no schedule.

What we all await are the proposals to turn Anfield into a stadium worthy of the 21st century, and capable of enabling us to financially compete with the elite.

Hasn't the 'schedule'' commenced with purchasing of properties? It is afterall a 3 stage process.

Hasn't the 'schedule'' commenced with purchasing of properties? It is afterall a 3 stage process.

I don't want to get hung up on semantics, but there is a difference between a schedule and a process.

It appears that a planning application is to be made this year so we will see the detail soon enough.

There can't be a schedule until there is a definitive starting point i.e. Planning permission. That will be obtained when all the necessary land has been acquired and the plans reviewed and approved.

You don't need to own the land to apply for planning permission. Serve requisite notice 21 days prior to lodging an application and Robert is your fathers brother.

Although I can see the preference and that it might be financially advantageous to acquire the land first or request a CPO if they can't. I'm just putting it out there they have no needed to delay applying, they have the option of doing so now.

You don't need to own the land to apply for planning permission. Serve requisite notice 21 days prior to lodging an application and Robert is your fathers brother.

Although I can see the preference and that it might be financially advantageous to acquire the land first or request a CPO if they can't. I'm just putting it out there they have no needed to delay applying, they have the option of doing so now.

You are right. But I think it is reasonable for us to be confident of our land holding before putting in an application.

My own guess is that the scale of the redevelopment of the main stand required will be such that planning is no foregone conclusion.

You are right. But I think it is reasonable for us to be confident of our land holding before putting in an application.

My own guess is that the scale of the redevelopment of the main stand required will be such that planning is no foregone conclusion.

The policy and material considerations; and by extension the harm and impact should be the same regardless of ownership at this stage. I would always expect a rigorous examination when applying in such close quarters as this. So you're correct we shouldn't treat it as a foregone conclusion. Although let's be honest, LFC is pretty much the only regeneration game in L4, certainly on large scale and with the ability to deliver large scale improvements and wide knock on benefits, so they have a good hand, although the fucking about of the last 15 or so years has largely used up their goodwill.

As I say, I would also think that it would be better and advantageous to have the land or at least the options before proceeding. I was just putting it out there that the project and timescale is not solely driven by the Planning App.

It should have been us who brought in Txixi (however you spell it), not Man City. We have a (promising) manager who has never managed a top club or won anything of note (that's not a dig - just a reality), to expect him to somehow surmount the challenge we face alone is pretty head in the clouds.

But, exactly, think about the dynamic of that relationship, how long before Twixi became the dominant character as opposed to Brendan. You could argue that this has already happened at City, the way in which Mancini crumpled and reports of the team not getting on with him, I found it all a bit accelerated compared with the usual managerial casualty in this league, especially as he just won the league last year. But the knives were out by January, so you can't blame the League Cup loss on it either.

You don't go appointing someone like Twixi and then expect him to keep quiet and not go stamping his foot and saying "BUT I WORKED FOR BARCA, WAHHH" from time to time when he doesn't like something. He would have dwarfed Brendan had that happened, that's not fair.

We've got more than enough club legends to appoint to a position like this, we don't need some rent-a-knob. I'm not convinced at all with Twixi, just as I'm not convinced by Guardiola. All seems a bit convenient that they became the best coaches in the world at the exact time that Messi, Iniesta and Xavi came through the ranks and reached a mature age. It's like United with Beckham, Nevilles, Butt, Scholes and Giggs all developing at the same time. It's not a sign of an astonishing youth system, it's fucking fluke, as the following 15-20 years has proven. Same with Barca to a lesser degree, they don't grow Messi's and Iniesta's on trees around Catalunia, but there's plenty of decent players just not truly world class ones.

*cue loads of comments about Busquets, Thiago, Tello, Montoya, Fabregas and Pique being world class*

But hey, this isnt a Barca thread, this is about structure at the club. Undermining Rodgers and creating tensions is all that would have happened had we appointed a big name foreign DoF.

Guest San Don

Perhaps not but, two important points;

Making planning application before the land issue is sorted makes the club look arrogant and that it couldnt give a toss about the residents of the affected properties.

The club has had an image problem on and off the field recently. I dont see why we need to make it worse by following the course you propose.

Perhaps not but, two important points;

Making planning application before the land issue is sorted makes the club look arrogant and that it couldnt give a toss about the residents of the affected properties.

The club has had an image problem on and off the field recently. I dont see why we need to make it worse by following the course you propose.

I have stated twice, that's 2 times now, that I was only putting out there. You might also note my second post where I stated

I would also think that it would be better and advantageous to have the land or at least the options before proceeding

I'm not proposing anything. That's the club's call, not for supporters.

Guest San Don
I have stated twice, that's 2 times now, that I was only putting out there. You might also note my second post where I stated

I'm not proposing anything. That's the club's call, not for supporters.

OK, fair enough. I didnt see that you were only puting it out there.

Joe Anderson saying there should be some sort of announcement next week apparently when talking about the Finch Farm deal...

Liverpool city council buys Everton's Finch Farm training ground | Football | guardian.co.uk

We have to work in partnership with our local businesses and we are working with Liverpool on their stadium plans. We will be making an announcement on that next week. Everton are happy with this and so are we."