You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Breaking Bad

Lee909

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I think it's better than both, personally. That said, I don't rate The Wire as highly as many.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Will the last part of season 5 be the last series?

Yep, all done and dusted after that. I'm glad they're not dragging it out for financial reasons.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Why is that?

Honestly, it's just not something I enjoyed. I thought the things people call subtle allegories, were blatantly obvious. I thought what people called 'novel-like' was really 'soap-like'. I just don't get the level of praise it receives at all. I probably will finish off watching it, but the first two seasons have been a real struggle, with very little enjoyment.

It's not that I don't 'get it', because I understand what David Simon, et al., were going for, but that thing just isn't 'my thing'. I've watched pretty much every major (and minor!) US TV series, but this is incredibly overrated. In my humble opinion. I'm not saying it's bad, I'm just saying it's not to my preference. The 'best TV ever made' tag didn't help it much, I must admit.

Yep. Baffles me that anyone can place any airing show against a finished series.

If thats the case i was massively disapppointed with last half a season of the sopranos but all in all it was obviously brilliant.

Even if BB tails off at the end it will still he an excellent series all round.

I tell you which bit "put me over the edge"

There an episode after they kill the other gay cook fella, can't remember his name. Anyway, hank was given his cook book and was showing Walt and was telling him that he reckoned your man was Heisenberg. But then Walt, in a drunken state tells hank that the book was Bollocks and your man want Heisenberg.

I'm sorry, but that was just thick. Nobody, Fucking nobody would do that. It was just too fanciful

He did it because he was starting to enjoy having a reputation as the best cook there is (although in secret for most) and he didn't want anyone else taking credit for his work like his college buddies did with their very successful business that he was basically the brains behind and got fuck all for it.

He is/was so confident he had everyone fooled he didn't think there was any risk at all telling Hank that what's his face wasn't the real Heisenberg.

Although it came back to bite him on the ass in the last episode.

Pride will make people do crazy things.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Watched 4 and a half seasons in about 10 days on Netflix on my iphone because I was totally addicted, not even the Sopranos (of which I had all 6 seasons on DVD at the time) made me become so addicted.

I think it's brilliant to be honest and will probably overtake The Wire and possibly Sopranos for me, I think they could have got more out of it due to the gap in the age he is in the final season and fact it seems they are going to have to cram a large period of time into 8 episodes

Re-watched it over last few weeks in time for the final series and got to say it still blows me away. It's just absolutely amazing. Watching it again makes you appreciate the characters so much more and you see there flaws etc so much more. Makes you realise how unstable Walter is from an even earlier stage. Also the way the writers made the sympathy you have initially for him right at the beginning to turn it completely around and make him the bad guy is genius.

• 1 month later...

I have only seen season 1 so far so dont want to check through the thread.Bryan Cranston wore a Walter White mask so he could walk round the floor at Comic-Con and not get mobbed.Pretty funny and brilliant idea i think.

[YOUTUBE]UUZru6P3WHI[/YOUTUBE]

tumblr_mmacj6jgXe1qzpxx1o1_1280.jpg

Surely these will be out for halloween