You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

On purpose or not?

Kozel9

Guest PurpleNose
I thought that at first, but he changes direction because the ball has been kept in play and he chases after it.

Probably didn't apologise because she got in his way and stopped him from getting the ball.

Strange technique for running don't you think? Running with your elbow/shoulder out infront of you. Not great for top speed, quite good for barging into people.

Even if it was an honest mistake, and he was merely trying to get to the ball, he has still knocked a woman over. A little common courtesy to perhaps check she's alright, help her up perhaps, wouldn't go a miss.

Regardless of his intention, and indeed if it was sparked by some form of sexism, I think the aftermath is sadly a good example of the attitude of a lot of footballers. Why should we give a fuck about an assistant ref we've just knocked over? We're above them.

Can you imagine if she'd toppled him? We'd have had five minutes of him rolling around on the floor before getting up to shout at her.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TK-421
Strange technique for running don't you think? Running with your elbow/shoulder out infront of you. Not great for top speed, quite good for barging into people.

Even if it was an honest mistake, and he was merely trying to get to the ball, he has still knocked a woman over. A little common courtesy to perhaps check she's alright, help her up perhaps, wouldn't go a miss.

Regardless of his intention, and indeed if it was sparked by some form of sexism, I think the aftermath is sadly a good example of the attitude of a lot of footballers. Why should we give a fuck about an assistant ref we've just knocked over? We're above them.

Can you imagine if she'd toppled him? We'd have had five minutes of him rolling around on the floor before getting up to shout at her.

Maybe he apologised after the game? Looked like he was trying to maintain balance to me, hence the high elbows.

Mind, I'm one of those airy-fairy sandal wearing beard strokers.

Guest PurpleNose
Maybe he apologised after the game? Looked like he was trying to maintain balance to me, hence the high elbows.

Mind, I'm one of those airy-fairy sandal wearing beard strokers.

I think I must be. For not accepting his cuntery.

Guest ShoePiss

It looks really bad from that angle and level of zoom. We're not seeing everything though. Did feel a twinge of sympathy when there was a big cheer then realised if this was a man I'd be laughing too.

Even if he didn't mean it, the fact he never quickly apologised or checked to see if she was okay, shows that he's a prick. I hope someone twats the shithouse in the next game.

nothing in that at all. He kept the ball in, changed direction to run after it.

Also, the camera then followed her, as you would expect, so he was out of shot the whole time she was getting up and wasnt too far from her when it finally panned round. He may have well gestured an apology before walking away, who knows?

Also, the camera then followed her, as you would expect, so he was out of shot the whole time she was getting up and wasnt too far from her when it finally panned round. He may have well gestured an apology before walking away, who knows?

Yeah noticed that too. Also that he might've instinctually put his arms out to protect his face/head, which was probably the best thing to do as he might've even nutted her if he hadn't of. If it was a male linesman we'd probably not even be talking about it.

Yeah noticed that too. Also that he might've instinctually put his arms out to protect his face/head, which was probably the best thing to do as he might've even nutted her if he hadn't of. If it was a male linesman we'd probably not even be talking about it.

Agreed, so much for equal rights eh...