You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

7 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

You don't have to be optimistic to be an optimist, but fuck me, this takes optimism to another level.

MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Player Valuation: £50m
Ppl way over rate this league, we were by far the worse team last season and stayed up, Leicester won the thing a few years back. All we need is 1-2 players who are due to hit their prime and top 6 is achievable

Thing is, Leicester didn’t win the league because a couple of bad players had good seasons. The foundations came when they bought some brilliant players like Vardy, Mahrez and Kante for peanuts. 
If they identified that scout, got him in, and followed his advice, they’d be on the right track. Unless they instead identified that scout, got him in, and ignored his advice - missing out on cheap deals for Haaland, Robbo and (no giggling at the back) Maguire. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Ron B said:

Thing is, Leicester didn’t win the league because a couple of bad players had good seasons. The foundations came when they bought some brilliant players like Vardy, Mahrez and Kante for peanuts. 
If they identified that scout, got him in, and followed his advice, they’d be on the right track. Unless they instead identified that scout, got him in, and ignored his advice - missing out on cheap deals for Haaland, Robbo and (no giggling at the back) Maguire. 

Spot on that. They run the club like a Turkish restaurant. That one has big plates, they're busy, get big plates. That one has plastic plants, they're busy, buy plastic plants.

No, just serve good consistent food.

It's "what the everton board do" 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I reckon they finish this season less precariously than last season. They'll be safe, turgid but safe.

You’re likely, unfortunately, right. I will point out that they’ve  it got the most daunting of starts, so it could turn nasty quite quickly.

Fulham H - Lost

Villa A - Hammered

Now they’ve got…

Wolves - H

Sheff Utd - A

Intentional break

Arsenal - H

Brentford - A

Luton - H

Bournemouth - H

Then they are at Anfield after the next break. 

Woodison, as usual, will be what saves them. They need points from those homes games and Sheff Utd away.

I think them coming to Anfield on 8 points would be considered positive. 

9 hours ago, Scott_M said:

You’re likely, unfortunately, right. I will point out that they’ve  it got the most daunting of starts, so it could turn nasty quite quickly.

Fulham H - Lost

Villa A - Hammered

Now they’ve got…

Wolves - H

Sheff Utd - A

Intentional break

Arsenal - H

Brentford - A

Luton - H

Bournemouth - H

Then they are at Anfield after the next break. 

Woodison, as usual, will be what saves them. They need points from those homes games and Sheff Utd away.

I think them coming to Anfield on 8 points would be considered positive. 

Eight points… would be both quite good (two wins, two draws and two defeats; or else one win and five draws) but also kind of rubbish. 
Assuming Arsenal and Brentford are going to turn them over, then that’s the two promoted sides who everyone is convinced will go down, a Wolves team which has been dismantled, and a Bournemouth side who are just making up the numbers until they get flushed again. These are games where they need to be aiming for wins.