You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Can see Rafa starting well with the shite - They have a soft start again - they'll probably be near top until around Nov when reality kicks in, so from Aug to then the usual giddiness will kick in and Rafa will have a honeymoon period before it all turns to shite.

August

14: Southampton (h) - 3pm
21: Leeds United (a) - 3pm
28: Brighton (a) - 3pm

September

11: Burnley (h) - 3pm
18: Aston Villa (a) - 3pm
25: Norwich City (h) - 3pm

October

2: Manchester United (a) - 3pm
16: West Ham (h) - 3pm
23: Watford (h) - 3pm
30: Wolves (a) - 3pm

Pretty soft that - 1 top 6 side in first 10.

Might even match Ancelotti and win the title in October!

22 minutes ago, an tha said:

Can see Rafa starting well with the shite - They have a soft start again - they'll probably be near top until around Nov when reality kicks in, so from Aug to then the usual giddiness will kick in and Rafa will have a honeymoon period before it all turns to shite.

August

14: Southampton (h) - 3pm
21: Leeds United (a) - 3pm
28: Brighton (a) - 3pm

September

11: Burnley (h) - 3pm
18: Aston Villa (a) - 3pm
25: Norwich City (h) - 3pm

October

2: Manchester United (a) - 3pm
16: West Ham (h) - 3pm
23: Watford (h) - 3pm
30: Wolves (a) - 3pm

Pretty soft that - 1 top 6 side in first 10.

Might even match Ancelotti and win the title in October!

That start though is as tough as form allows. Southampton, Leeds and villa can all be pretty decent on their day. Burnley are organised and I'm never sure Rafa is at his best when needing to win against organised teams.  I could honestly see them drawing or losing any one of those opening 5 matches. If that happens, the fans will be after him by the time Norwich turn up and he might not last till their Mancunian brothers welcome them with open arms. And if he does get till there, Moyes arrives at woodison the week after. 

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

That start though is as tough as form allows. Southampton, Leeds and villa can all be pretty decent on their day. Burnley are organised and I'm never sure Rafa is at his best when needing to win against organised teams.  I could honestly see them drawing or losing any one of those opening 5 matches. If that happens, the fans will be after him by the time Norwich turn up and he might not last till their Mancunian brothers welcome them with open arms. And if he does get till there, Moyes arrives at woodison the week after. 

All true....but they couldn't really have asked for a much better start.

1 top 6 side in 10 games is pretty generous.

Lets hope they lose all frigging 10 mind.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, an tha said:

All true....but they couldn't really have asked for a much better start.

1 top 6 side in 10 games is pretty generous.

Lets hope they lose all frigging 10 mind.

Well I guess it's how you look at it. Games against the top 6 are free hits. They win one and they think they're world beaters. Combine that with Rafa is a tremendous coach at organising teams that will come at him, he really might prefer having say city and Chelsea at home early on like we do. No evertonian is going home unhappy losing those games as it makes it 3 points harder for us. 

For me, Rafa's ability to succeed there is completely down to keeping them off his back. They'll have looked at that opening set of fixtures before the season, those blerts will be disappointed if they're not top of the league going to Old Trafford. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Well I guess it's how you look at it. Games against the top 6 are free hits. They win one and they think they're world beaters. Combine that with Rafa is a tremendous coach at organising teams that will come at him, he really might prefer having say city and Chelsea at home early on like we do. No evertonian is going home unhappy losing those games as it makes it 3 points harder for us. 

For me, Rafa's ability to succeed there is completely down to keeping them off his back. They'll have looked at that opening set of fixtures before the season, those blerts will be disappointed if they're not top of the league going to Old Trafford. 

It is all gonna end in tears anyway.....hopefully its as entertaining as possible on the way....and Rafa sees them for what they are and walks away with a nice big payday.

• Upvote 2