You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

To be fair, they have won the 'helping to relegate Rafa Beneathus Trophy' and are currently on course to win the 'within 15 points of the biggest club in the City despite them being shit' trophy.

Their abject surrender earlier this evening did leave with an ethical dilemma mind.

Here is my question.

Should Everton be on the brink of relegation and we had an away game vs say Watford. Norwich, Sunderland or Swansea and them winning would send Everton down, would you....

a) field a team of 11 pygmies from New Guinea who have never seen a football before and that you had specially flown in and registered with the Premier League that morning, just for the game...and risk a 50 grand fine and laugh your bollocks off

or

B) try and keep up what is laughingly called the 'integrity' of modern footballl by fielding a team of 6 pygmies from New Guinea and 5 of their Daughters who have never seen a football before and that you had specially flown in and registered with the Premier League that morning just for the game....and risk a 50 grand fine, try and keep a straight face, fail and laugh your bollocks off?

Ideally we field a weakened team, still win and Everton fuck it up on their own and go down. Their anger at going down but not being able to blame us (I sure they would find a way) would be of world record proportions. 

Added bonus would be "we did our part to keep Everton up where they belong, just a pity Everton couldn't do they part"  sympathy we could give. 

In the spirit of the Boston construction worker who buried a Red Sox jersey during the building of the new Yankee Stadium, wouldn't you just love to be an Umbro worker in a position to change the co-ordinates to Everton's original ground? If you know your history...

Brilliant idea. We need an inside man.

Just want to extend a hand of friendship to Priory Doctor.

* shakes hand *

Since this is a Liverpool forum obviously you should expect some stick. But hopefully you will be around to offer your perspective. I remember when Everton had a cracking side in the mid 1980s. We were the best two teams in the country and the rivalry seemed altogether more friendly. While we've not been anywhere near that level ourselves since the early 90s, my theory is that since Everton have fallen further again, and not won anything for such a long time, it's added more vitriol to the rivalry.

Most reds are filled with hope for the future under Klopp. Hopefully we will win the Europa and get into next season's CL. It will be interesting to see what happens this summer as Klopp gets cracking on building his own team.

On your side of the park I think the Everton squad at present is the best in years, but Martinez has you playing well below par. It will be interesting to see if you can keep hold of your best players this summer. I suspect Lukaku will be off, probably Stones too (he's good, but raw and inexperienced defensively, so you won't miss what he is now, but you will have to watch him blossom elsewhere if you take the money). Barkley has gone off the boil and needs a fresh start, in my opinion. That might be at a new club or it might be under a new Everton manager. With supposedly a few bob to spend, and surely a new manager to come in, things could be looking up for Everton next season.

Anyway, good luck, but not too much!

Negged, wishing the shite luck !!! Not on my watch*

*taps watch.

• Upvote 6