You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regretting the move already Fernando? Why so eager talking about us? You’re at another club now, remember? It’s time to for you to do as your former club does - move on! You’ve made your bed, we really don’t care whether you like to lie in it or not.

I’ll be forever thankful for the goals and memories you gave us. Had it not been for the endless number of sulking lazy performances you also threw in, you’d be a true legend.

Guest San Don

Thought a long time about posting in this thread. I just think it sad this ex player is trying his best to publically talk up his move to chelshit.

Its a bit of a contradiction I know but I couldnt give a fuck about him.

Not giving that cunts comments any credit but reading Dalglish's book, he really stresses how much the craic and comradery brought the squad together back in the day.

It was more like going into battle and the people he looked around at in the dressing room just before kick off gave him confidence,knowing that they would be there for him and vice versa out on the pitch

I think this has been diluted down the years due to Fame,Wages,different cultures and languages ect but i think this extra factor is essential in a title challenging team so if the recent boyzone thing and characters like Carroll help in this department then happy days.

Former Liverpool striker Fernando Torres has labelled the period during the club's takeover saga last October as 'chaos'.

The Reds were sold to New England Sports Ventures - now known as Fenway Sports Group (FSG) - in October last year following an acrimonious battle with former owners George Gillett and Tom Hicks.

The saga took its toll on Torres and he left Anfield in January for Premier League rivals Chelsea in January in a £50million move that has left Reds fans with a bitter taste in their mouths.

Torres knew the Merseysiders would need time to rebuild after changing hands and felt he needed to move on in order to maintain his successful career.

"I knew I was an idol for the fans but it wasn't the same any more. The institution was in chaos with the sale. There was all this talk of possible projects. In many ways it reminded me of (former club) Atletico Madrid... a great history, many ideas but without money, it needed time. I don't have that."

We didn't have time for his injuries in the past 3 years either, but we waited nevertheless. We haven't the time to wait 20 years for winning league titles, but we continue to wait. If he doesn't have time to wait for us, how much time will he have if RA pulls the plug?

His "successful" career, involved getting dropped from the all-conquering Spanish team during the WC. Not very long ago, he was one of the world's most sought-after forwards, banging goals in for club and country. Last January, he had one club interested in signing him, and he's no longer scoring goals.

How times have changed.

Yawn. Do us a favour and fuck of Fernando. Who is he trying to convince with all the justification of his move all the time? Himself or us?

Your gone, we've got over you.

i think it would be a safe bet to say himself

I hope to God Dalglish destroys her the next time he's asked about it

He's got to much class, he would say something like "he's not our player, he has nothing to do with Liverpool Football Club".

We may appreciate his selfish nature in years to come, he has been part of the decline over the last 18months, now we have 2 good strikers going forward.

Torres does not bother me the slightest to be honest, I was thinking against Wigan and West ham that we would probably have won these games if he still was here but those are the only thoughts I`ve been giving him since his departure.

I have nothing to blame him for from his time here so you will not see me calling him a cunt just because he wanted to leave, thats part of the game and history tells me that he is the one who will regret it in the end, because you do not leave Liverpool and end up better elsewhere.

Well, well, well. He CAN talk no? I'd say in fact the complete Opposite to that pile of unmitigated garbage is true - He's left what is now probably The most serene, united & 'together' team in the league who now generate a decent enough amount to challenge/improve their squad EVERY year in Addition to what the new owners can put in? (and no-one actally Knows how much that is - could be quite a bit more than we think since they're a consortium with Real financial muscle to back them up) and He's done it For what precisely? Well, look at it - He's left us to join a side Packed to the brim with ageing has-beens, a wealthy Russian Oligarch in charge whose addicted to Football Manager (with the emphasis on 'Manager' as in hire-fire-hire-fire-hire.....ad nauseum), where morale is So high that students get shot at the training ground, team-mates steal one anothers wives/mistresses, jealousy seems endemic in their squad for various reasons and whose season has so far viewed like a car crash in VERY slow motion so that every gruesome detail plays out in the eyes of the public.

Oh yes - And He has not scored in what? 5 games now? Whilst his replacment(s) have come in and either created chaos, changed the game, scored, impressed or All of those in the matches they've started since signing. Clearly giving us Far more than the single string we had to our bows with Him here. Methinks this is one of Three situations - Maybe a bit of them all; It's possible Torres, realises just What a massive fcuk up his agent made with this dirty, squalid and ultimately Failed attempt to make Him look bigger than LFC (and thus Fully justified in leaving) thereby feeling now obligated himself by the Need to defend, talk-up the move in order to counterbalance the damage he's done to his Own brand; Then again maybe He has Real psychological problems/hangups concerning us since we've not spoken of him since before Valentines day and He? Well, El Toddler Has not shut up about us for nearly 2 months now - maybe he really CAN'T get us out of his head, he (shock, horror) really Does miss us and Anfield. It's possible I suppose that he's seen (Far to late) just WHAT is coming in respect of us and Chelsea during approaching seasons (A clue; 2 different directions) He Appears to possibly be suffering 'withdrawal symptoms' from us if you follow this analogy and it could be true - Who knows? Again, it's FAR to late - He made his bed, it's down to him to lie in it now.

And then there's the final possibility - Also eminently probable and given just HOW much of a liar he's Proven himself to be? The most likely of the three IMO. That is that all THIS is originating from his agents and Chelsea themselves in order to distract from just what a gigantic failure he has thus far proven on the pitch down at the Bridge (and that's not even mentioning his oh-so-professional teammates) in respect of his monumentally HUGE price-tag as well as in comparism to his successor(s) in the Anfield striking department who at the moment and particularly in one case? Look at least his equals On the pitch. It's possible I suppose that maybe all this is going on in the media via him at his agent's insistence (and Chelsea's) to rescue/protect 'Brand Torres' AND fire a convenient smokescreen out to camoflauge his TRULY woeful stats thus far at his 'new' (old players) club. Who knows? I suspect, One day we Will find the answer to all this but it won't be anytime soon......................

NB If you ask me? I think he really DOES miss us - It's coming out in these endless interviews of his comparing the two clubs and trying to justify the unjustifiable - He damn well KNOWS what he's done and I don't think he likes it One little bit, I don't think it sits well with him at all. He was in a right state during that first Chelsea interview he did back on 1st February and he seems mentally? To have gone all Downhill since then. It's like he just CAN'T shut up about us for whatever reason whilst at Anfield? He is long since forgotten..............

I also think the 'protect the brand/camoflauge his ineptness' reason is a part of all this as well. Chelsea always Were notoriously sneaky with regard to the media and THIS sort of stunt to distract away from just how ineffectual/Shevchenko (Chelsea version) like Torres is becoming? Has their fingerprints ALL over it. Anyhow - As I said? We'll probably find out eventually, one way or another. It clearly Won't be for a loooong while yet but one day? Sooner or later? Time will tell and the truth WILL come out............

Edited by Redshadow

Torres does not bother me the slightest to be honest, I was thinking against Wigan and West ham that we would probably have won these games if he still was here but those are the only thoughts I`ve been giving him since his departure.

I have nothing to blame him for from his time here so you will not see me calling him a cunt just because he wanted to leave, thats part of the game and history tells me that he is the one who will regret it in the end, because you do not leave Liverpool and end up better elsewhere.

Because we never drew with Wigan at home when he was here.

Good riddance to the cunt.