You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres mega-thread

cole7

Adam and Warnock will likely be coming in the next 24 hours anyway. It'll be a real fucking shame if some people (and I guarantee there will be some) use Torres leaving and Adam coming in as a giant stick to beat the latter with. Best supporters in the world, etc.

There's still confusion about the "written" part of the so called transfer request - The Times and others are quite categorically stating that he has not submitted a written request but has asked, via a phone call, for them to listen to Chelsea's bid.

But in either case, what part of his submitting a request is equivalent to him being "for sale"?

As kenny said (when talking about the Adam transfer) "Three parties have to agree in any transfer deal.

Eh? The Times and others are reporting that he HAS handed in a written transfer request - are you sure you're not reading yesterdays articles?

ADAM!!! Kalou is decent he would be good here doubt hed join though as for Essien id do a straight swap.

Sorry, have been far too obsessed with the Suarez deal to even know his name.

"Hi, ringing about your player, Adams, selling him? We don't have much time."

"It's Adam, not Adams."

"Oh fuck it. Later."

Adam and Warnock will likely be coming in the next 24 hours anyway. It'll be a real fucking shame if some people (and I guarantee there will be some) use Torres leaving and Adam coming in as a giant stick to beat the latter with. Best supporters in the world, etc.

Cynical, no-one's even done anything yet! (I did say yet.)

He means Tony Adams.

Exactly. Nail on head.

I don't want any Chelsea player as part of the swap.

Why? We go to all these lengths to appoint Comolli to find us players, we spend forever arranging a deal with Suarez, and now you're going to tell me that it just happens that one of the Chelsea players, now past his best, is what we were looking for?

If you start forcing players into swaps then it's not too much of a leap to think they're going to resent having to make the move, and thereby not putting 100% into the shirt.

If we accept one of their players then we're doing them a massive favour by helping them clear the wage bill. Fuck em, let's see how they fit them three and Sturridge into two positions.

Torres has shown hes a cunt and doesnt care about lfc so I want him to go now, I dont want to see a player playing for us who doesnt want to be here and is waiting until the summer to leave.

However we should get 50m atleast, I dont see any players we could swap with them that they would want to let go apart from anelka but he is getting old now and is on massive wages.

something to be happy about.

Thought people may need this.

I feel sorry for Suarez. His dream move has been overshadowed by Torres being a selfish tool.

Anyway enjoy this photo folks!

232752007.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1296326054&Signature=3EDX9D6wyZC5%2BOXmaG18z1RSc3A%3D

Awesome. He might be kind of happy, at least there's probably a lot less press hounding him wherever he goes.

Nice pic.

That has cheered me up.

I've also turned a corner on the Torres thing. If he goes, so be it. We're bigger than one man. And £50 million or whatever, if invested wisely could give us a much better squad. If we're following the Arsenal model it could be perfect.

Still, I hope he stays!

I have a feeling his agent might be pushign for a wage increase, esp if suarez is on silly money. NESV have a track reord of paying massive wages for the best players in MLB, maybe Torres needs to feel the love with an extra 20 or 30 grand a week.

Shocking bullshit behaviour from someone we thought 'got us'. but maybe it's just business.

Out of interest, if he's wanting to leave how come Citeh, the mancs and Inter etc haven't stuck a bid in?

Surely it can't just be the chavs that want him?

5 reasons I couldn't give a fuck that he goes

1 - Injury prone

2 - Sulking fuck when the chips are down

3 - Petulant and gives away stupid frees or gets carded

4 - 1 Dimensional, you need to change the style of play to suit him

5 - How dare he want to leave liverpool to play for ANY other premier league team.

Point 5 alone is enough for me. Fuck off Nando, thanks for the hope you brought and the brilliant goals. But then again, Owen brought that too and look at that Cunt now.

Bye Bye.

Guest Dog Chaser
I'm gutted, I've had all day to forget about it, but all I can think of is seeing him in the same team and celebrating with Drogba, Terry and co.

I've been having that same thought, fucking sickeneing.

1 - Injury prone

5 - How dare he want to leave liverpool to play for ANY other premier league team.

Point 5 alone is enough for me. Fuck off Nando, thanks for the hope you brought and the brilliant goals. But then again, Owen brought that too and look at that Cunt now.

Bye Bye.

He isn't one dimensional at all. He is one of the most complete strikers in world football.

1 - Injury prone

Bye Bye.

Oh dear.