You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres mega-thread

cole7

Players have to look after themselves and their careers, doesn't matter if it's Gerrard, Carragher, Torres, or even Dalglish all those years ago when he departed Celtic.

This club has been a clusterfuck for the last 2 years; a culmination of being poorly run for the last 2 decades.

I don't want to be part of some lynch mob that continually misses the point.

Fucking mong. Negged.

Fernando Torres to see out his contract with Liverpool - Goal.com

"More than ever, we need to stick together," Torres told The People. "We must live in the present, from match to match.

"We need to add more points, win matches and improve our standing in the table.

"That is our challenge and I demand the total help of our supporters in doing that.

"My head is in Liverpool and on helping save our season. I am professional and I always fulfil my deals.

"I haven't considered leaving, although in football that depends on the club.

"Liverpool had a lot of success under Rafa Benitez and that is difficult for anyone to follow.

"Even if the ball hasn't always dropped our way this season, we have missed out in a lot of matches."

He said this a few weeks ago after Kenny's appointment. Why would he change his mind in a couple of weeks when we now can see some improvement?

I'll wait until I hear some further official word on this matter, then I will be delighted/devastated/furious/philosophical depending on what that official word might be.

Reasoned approach and misplaced trust in official word kills the joy on the planet. "Panic now" is the way.

Am just gonna throw this out there and i have no prejudices, genuinely asking a question here but with that times article coming into the domain, if and its a big if, Torres stays and what is being reported is a load of bull, would Barrett lose a bit of his credibility? He is top bloke and talks sense but just wondering?

I'm not making excuses for Torres here, but to the people claiming he should give NESV a chance.......Maybe he thinks that we need more than signing Charlie Adam and Suarez in January. If we get to summer then we do actually seriously bolster the squad, then he's almost obliged to stay another year (out of champions league), otherwise everyone and their dogs will still be saying he should give us another year to see how things gel. Chelsea are champions and some young, top quality blood away from kicking the shit out of everyone again. We have Dirk on the right, no one on the left and a surplus of mediocrity in midfield.

As me, I'd stay at the club, but if I was him I'd be gone in a flash. I'd like to think, however, that I wouldn't go to Chelsea.

Am just gonna throw this out there and i have no prejudices, genuinely asking a question here but with that times article coming into the domain, if and its a bif if, Torres stays and what is being reported is a load of bull, would Barrett lose a bit of his credibility? He is top bloke and talks sense but just wondering?

depends really, if he wants to leave but is made to stay or a fee isnt agreed thats not really Tony B's fault is it?

if Torres comes out with a statement denying he's asked to leave things may look different

Am just gonna throw this out there and i have no prejudices, genuinely asking a question here but with that times article coming into the domain, if and its a bif if, Torres stays and what is being reported is a load of bull, would Barrett lose a bit of his credibility? He is top bloke and talks sense but just wondering?

Why would he? Do you think he's making it up? If something changes, then it changes, like what happened with Rooney, and Tevez, only this season. But as of right now, Torres wants to go.

I'm not making excuses for Torres here, but to the people claiming he should give NESV a chance.......Maybe he thinks that we need more than signing Charlie Adam and Suarez in January. If we get to summer then we do actually seriously bolster the squad, then he's almost obliged to stay another year (out of champions league), otherwise everyone and their dogs will still be saying he should give us another year to see how things gel. Chelsea are champions and some young, top quality blood away from kicking the shit out of everyone again. We have Dirk on the right, no one on the left and a surplus of mediocrity in midfield.

As me, I'd stay at the club, but if I was him I'd be gone in a flash. I'd like to think, however, that I wouldn't go to Chelsea.

What else can you expect in Jan?

By some players do you mean half a first 11?

Why would he? Do yo uthink he;s making it up? If something changes, then it changes, like what happened with Rooney, and Tevez, only this season. But as of this moment in time, Torres wants to go.

No not at all i for one believe there may be something in it, because of him reporting it. Just wanted to see peoples opinions of the matter.

Fernando Torres to see out his contract with Liverpool - Goal.com

"More than ever, we need to stick together," Torres told The People. "We must live in the present, from match to match.

"We need to add more points, win matches and improve our standing in the table.

"That is our challenge and I demand the total help of our supporters in doing that.

"My head is in Liverpool and on helping save our season. I am professional and I always fulfil my deals.

"I haven't considered leaving, although in football that depends on the club.

"Liverpool had a lot of success under Rafa Benitez and that is difficult for anyone to follow.

"Even if the ball hasn't always dropped our way this season, we have missed out in a lot of matches."

He said this a few weeks ago after Kenny's appointment. Why would he change his mind in a couple of weeks when we now can see some improvement?

Why would you take the words of Pin Up Boy, a professional footballer, at face value?

Can't see so many high profile journos staking their reputations on something that has no substance. They clearly have solid info from a good source. Does it mean he will definitely leave? Of course not. Does it mean that he has indicated that he wants to leave? I would say almost certainly. And even if he stays, the fact that he has even considered fucking off and leaving us for them with only a few days left of the transfer window means he is a giant bellend, as well as a liar.

I won't have a shed of respect for Fernando if he goes to chelsea. Where he would be playing for a team who fucking hate him and sing so many offensive songs about him when he comes to Anfield. With Dalglish in charge and owners who are willing to spend money to improve the team here right now, Torres' timing will have been fucking awful. I literally will be disgusted if he moves to such a classless team.

Can't see so many high profile journos staking their reputations on something that has no substance. They clearly have solid info from a good source. Does it mean he will definitely leave? Of course not. Does it mean that he has indicated that he wants to leave? I would say almost certainly. And even if he stays, the fact that he has even considered fucking off and leaving us for them with only a few days left of the transfer window means he is a giant bellend, as well as a liar.

If reasoning like this is wide spread he should just go, why bother staying. It is a no win situation, reminds me of Benitez last year.