You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Correct. What will our selling point me when these two leave?

Champions League? No

Europa League? Probably No

It is imperative we keep these two. Keep Roy until May and we won't. Then FSG can add 5 years on to that huge re-building process.

Give me 1 quote, just one quote to backup that Pepe is even thinking about leaving. More scaremongering, stop it please.

Pepe has come out and saying he isn't leaving etc.

Fucking hell.

Here you go: I won't leave Liverpool - Pepe Reina | Football News | ESPN.co.uk

I'm going nowhere - Reina

January 2, 2011 « Murray eyes maiden grand slam | Stand-in captain Clarke still in Ponting's shadow »

Pepe Reina has stressed that he intends to remain at Liverpool © Getty Images

Pepe Reina has hit out at the speculation he could leave Liverpool and insists he will honour his contract.

Reina, 28, has frequently been linked with a move away from Anfield since the summer, with Manchester United and Arsenal reported to have considered a move for the goalkeeper.

Reina, though, signed a new six-year deal in April and, although rumours persist that the contract may include an exit clause, he has stressed his commitment to the club.

"I'm tired of rumours linking me with many teams in England and abroad," he said in the Daily Star Sunday. "I am a man of my word and commitment. I will honour my contract with Liverpool.

"Stories of these offers are not true. I have not spoken to anyone - ever - and I am 100% a Liverpool player."

He added: "Since I've been here, I've found an incredible passion - more than I thought from Spain.

"Liverpool as a club is sacred, it is something special. Being Liverpool's goalkeeper is a privilege. For now, I just want to win trophies for them."

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What pisses me off.... if hodgson gets sacked after the Mancs game, that will be the icing on the cake - What a day that would be for Fergie, about to take over from Liverpool as the English Club with the most league titles and beating Liverpool so severely he leaves them without a manager and in tatters.

The only way we really have a shot of keeping the remaining world class players, having already lost some, is to bring in a good manager and give him a fucking huge whack of cash. Ribery, Benzema and others. Those are the sort of players needed to keep Torres et al., I reckon. Top class up and coming talent, at the very least.

Problem is that we're unlikely to attract that calibre of player without the prospect of CL football - even the Europa is looking optimistic. It would be very easy to become trapped in a downward spiral.

Correct. What will our selling point me when these two leave?

Champions League? No

Europa League? Probably No

It is imperative we keep these two. Keep Roy until May and we won't. Then FSG can add 5 years on to that huge re-building process.

I thought about this point a few months ago. If we were to sack Hodgson we should have done it as soon as the new owners came in (clean break - maintain reputation etc), having him here here has cost us financially on those two to the tune of £30M at least.

However, Torres is akin to Michael Owen 2004-2005 for me - his body is shot. Reina has plenty of time to play and he's top of his game but does having the best keeper in the world really matter that much? Ask Real Madrid fans their opinion of that.

Generally, I don't think player power is a good thing. If Pepe wants to hang around brilliant but if not, so be it. We shouldn't ruin our reputation for these two even if the financial hit is considerable; some things are more important than money.

Give me 1 quote, just one quote to backup that Pepe is even thinking about leaving. More scaremongering, stop it please.

Pepe has come out and saying he isn't leaving etc.

Fucking hell.

Here you go: I won't leave Liverpool - Pepe Reina | Football News | ESPN.co.uk

Pepe is one of the greatest in his position in the world. If we luckily manage to stumble to a mid-table position under Roy then it's not wholly out of the question that some big bids will be coming in for him. You'd be naive to think that there is no chance of him going after such a wretched few years, regardless of any mid-season quotes.

However, Torres is akin to Michael Owen 2004-2005 for me - his body is shot. Reina has plenty of time to play and he's top of his game but does having the best keeper in the world really matter that much? Ask Real Madrid fans their opinion of that.

Not sure if serious.

I thought about this point a few months ago. If we were to sack Hodgson we should have done it as soon as the new owners came in (clean break - maintain reputation etc), having him here here has cost us financially on those two to the tune of £30M at least.

Generally, I don't think player power is a good thing. If Pepe wants to hang around brilliant but if not, so be it. We shouldn't ruin our reputation for these two even if the financial hit is considerable; some things are more important than money.

Spot on again Mr. T. If they want to leave, so be it. With a good management and scouting setup, we will get the players to replace them. It may take us 1 or 2 years more but then we don't have a chance to win the title in the next few years anyway. Its important to start the rebuilding now so we at least stand a chance after the next 4-5 years.

In my opinion, Torres of last and this season can be easily replaced. Reina will be much more difficult as I see him as a future LFC captain but if he wants to leave, so be it. As you say, having a world class keeper is all fine and great but hardly makes a difference when the rest of the squad is shit.

Maybe sack him after we are safe enough not to be relegated?

If we sack Roy what is the guarantee that the new manager will get results? As it is the number of candidates with big enough profiles are limited. Dalglish hasn't managed for over a decade and I fear a Shearer-Newcastle like situation with him incharge. All the foreigners will be a massive risk. What if the newly appointed manager manages to lose 5 games in a row? We will be sure shot for relegation then. O'Neil can probably keep us up with his dour football, but having the cunt anywhere near us is depressing. Forget Europe next season, we have to fight out the next few games and avoid being relegated. I know these words are a bit bitter to swallow but we cannot overlook the relegation monster that is lurking in the background.

I prefer a managerial change but only if we are guaranteed that we will survive.

You know the people saying "They haven't got a clue, they should have sacked him?" These are all good things. The reason why is that if they sacked him and didn't know what the fuck to do next, what would everyone be saying after that?

He'll be gone. You don't have to be an expert in any sport whatsoever to realise the gravity of the situation. We've a squad that is of at least mid table quality. And we're nowhere near that standard. Therefore, the manager must go.

He'll be gone by tomorrow. Without a shadow of a doubt. People need to take a step back and look at the evidence at hand:

- We got our arses handed to us by a Newcastle side. 3-1.

- We've got outplayed at home by a bottom of the league Wolves side. Got beat 1-0.

- Got our arses handed to us by Blackburn 3-1 away from home.

- He's packed his bags at Melwood.

- His press conference tomorrow has been more or less cancelled.

He's gone. Definately.

I agree with this, well I'm hopeful

You rightly said in a previous post that we have a rebuilding job to do next Summer. Like I said, that job will be ten times easier when we can still sell the club to potential signings with two world class players on board than without.

You say we shouldn't ruin our reputation for these two. Roy Hodgson is doing a good enough job of that.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I agree, Portsmouth are a bigger club than the five times European Champions, last win 2005. It'd be mental to say anything different.

In other news, I've yet to see any proof that he doesn't shag goats. Not one shred of evidence that he doesn't suck horse cock.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
5live

He also said we won the Champions League "By default"

Fair point. After beating 6 times European Champions, there was nobody left to beat, so we were handed the trophy by default. He's right, that Sanchez.

Fair point. After beating 6 times European Champions, there was nobody left to beat, so we were handed the trophy by default. He's right, that Sanchez.

It's ironic that his gleaming moment came against that Livarpoul? Was that how you spell it? They have such a low profile these days...

A lot of sense being spoken, from both sides. For me, this is fast becoming the worst case scenario and I think that is what a lot of people are alluding to.

We are not midtable and we do not seem to be able to progress, Wolves and Blackburn are six points that would have meant we are two points behind Chelsea with a game in hand, a new manager can make that tangible.

But I can see why NESV are waiting, I get the impression they know who they want but they know they are not available until the Summer, Kenny could make that appointment a nightmare. Whether you agree or not, you have to give NESV the time to evaluate that possibility, it is not an easy decision from their point of view. Sadly Fans live in the moment, we pay money for the next match not the next five years, I am more than happy to see how they manage this situation. All I will ever ask from any owner is that they make decisions, rightly or wrongly, with the good of the club at the heart of any decision.

Maybe sack him after we are safe enough not to be relegated?

If we sack Roy what is the guarantee that the new manager will get results? As it is the number of candidates with big enough profiles are limited. Dalglish hasn't managed for over a decade and I fear a Shearer-Newcastle like situation with him incharge. All the foreigners will be a massive risk. What if the newly appointed manager manages to lose 5 games in a row? We will be sure shot for relegation then. O'Neil can probably keep us up with his dour football, but having the cunt anywhere near us is depressing. Forget Europe next season, we have to fight out the next few games and avoid being relegated. I know these words are a bit bitter to swallow but we cannot overlook the relegation monster that is lurking in the background.

I prefer a managerial change but only if we are guaranteed that we will survive.

What ifs are always nice. What if Roy manages to lose 5 games in a row? What if Roy manages to win 5 games in a row? What if the new guy wins 5 games in a row? There are options there, we might win and lose and there might even be couple of 0-0s. Better not make any decisions, I say, what if we make a wrong one, especially with a foreigner...

What ifs are always nice. What if Roy manages to lose 5 games in a row? What if Roy manages to win 5 games in a row? What if the new guy wins 5 games in a row? There are options there, we might win and lose and there might even be couple of 0-0s. Better not make any decisions, I say, what if we make a wrong one, especially with a foreigner...

I am shit scared tbh. :(