You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Hodgson: You'll Never Walk Alone

Spartacus

Probably a nice guy outside of football. Took a job he thought he could handle but no matter how hard he tries to convince himself he is, he just isn't and it's starting to show with very peculiar comments that can be seem as arrogance.

If I was to say anything to Roy it probably be to say that we don't detest him but he has broken the camels back himself with silly comments and damn annoying team selections at time. We don't forget these things.

It's too far gone now. Thanks for trying but enough of it now.

Good summary. I want him gone but you have to sympathise. I know he must hurting. Imagine knowing so many people dislike you?!

He has tried I don't doubt that but he needs putting out of his misery.

I just hope he doesn't start slagging us off when he is sacked - I have a feeling he may want to!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good summary. I want him gone but you have to sympathise. I know he must hurting. Imagine knowing so many people dislike you?!

I just hope he doesn't start slagging us off when he is sacked - I have a feeling he may want to!

and no doubt there's be plenty on here who would be mortally offended.... he'll be gone soon, so the least the support can do is carry itself with a little dignity and try and rescue fragments of our tattered reputation.

I agree I do think what he has been saying in the press past few days, he seems to be positioning himself to have a pop at us.

'wanted more time from owners, they wouldnt give it and fans never backed him...not given a chance etc etc' something along those lines.

I have no sympathy for him in terms of looking at him and going oh bless.... feel sorry for him. Quite opposite really because i cant watch him on tele but i dont think he is a awful guy out of football.

So what is ''one of us'' these days then out of curiousity?

Somebody who has an affinity for the club and recognises that the job makes him a small part of an institution, and not that it's a badge to be sewn on his scout uniform because he's deserved it for all his hard work. Read the post from This Is Anfield called Entitlement that I've posted elsewhere. It shows you Hodgson in his own words is more preoccupied with himself than he is with being part of that institution.

Obviously, because taking Fulham from the relegation zone to the Europa Final was just pure luck.

No disputing it was a tremendous achievement but one swallow and all that...

Everything else on his CV - in this country at least - screams mediocre at best and there is not one single aspect of the job he's done with us that is even up to that exalted standard.

I have it on decent authority that he has leased his house for a year rather than buy one in the area presumably because of the previous uncertainty over the club's ownership.

I would suggest that a decent manager with even an ounce of integrity would not have taken the job under such circumstances and that he's here merely to top up his retirement fund and provide endless ammunition for the club's detractors to take potshots at us.

He is a terrible manager. What has he done in his 35 years of hoofball to deserve to be considered as good? He might be a good appointment for some clubs but anyone with a bit of ambition and will to win would not consider him. We had Cecil making the decision for us and we all know exactly what kind of footballing genius he is. The fact that Broughton bought all the media bullshit and listened to Cecil to appoint this guy is a black mark against him especially when Kenny was adivising him against it apparently.

He's not a dickhead and he's not a bad manager, he's just a terrible choice for this club and this situation.

Agree with that to a degree.

Hes not a dickhead, he just rubs people up the wrong way, through his words actions and inability to realise what LFC is, in all its aspects, and its natural to slag people off when they do that.

Agree again, hes not a bad manager, he just isnt good enough to manage this club, we deserve far far better.

Guest San Don

Agree with this. hodgson is probably a nice guy. He's probably waited a long time for a crack with a top english club and when he got that chance, we were in a bit of a dip giving him little money and little time to bring in replacements.

Im not convinced if mascherano had stay it would have made much difference to his tactics or results though.

Fate may have conspired against him but, that's the way it goes and he certainly hasnt helped himself with a lot of his comments. maybe if he'd have said the 'right' things we may have cut him a little slack.

One thing I dont agree with is the mocking of his speech impediment. Dont think that's on tbh.

Even he must know he's on borrowed time now.

No disputing it was a tremendous achievement but one swallow and all that...

With respect, you can't call his European finals, a "swallow", or getting countries to World Cups it either.

We've won zip in 5 years. He's been here for 6 months. There are many many people who should be blamed for the position we're in, not one individual.

With respect, you can't call his European finals, a "swallow", or getting countries to World Cups it either.

We've won zip in 5 years. He's been here for 6 months. There are many many people who should be blamed for the position we're in, not one individual.

Aye, he's great. He's doing ever so well.

Its not a case of him being a good or bad manager its is he a great manager as only great managers are good enough for this club

Roy Evens was a better manager than Roy Hodgson IMHO yet he failed to deliver to an agreed standard

This club needs a better manager than Roy Hodgson and better players than Konchelsky Poulson Kiriakos Skrtel Babel Maxi Lucus NGog etc etc and untill we get them we have to get used to mid table

In recent seasons we have lost 2 World Cup winners and the captain of Argentina amongst others we thought the rot had been stopped but like a fish a team rots from the head down

First bring in a new manager and bring in better players for him to work with

Its not fucking rocket science if the new owners cant see this then they are just as bad as the last fucking lot