You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We cannot gamble at all, big names that are unproven in this league are a gamble, remember Gullit, Ramos, Scolari. I'm worried that there's no-one out there that fits the bill at this moment and that in that case KD is the only game in town for now. I know that Coyle and one or two others would be better than what we have but they're not proven that they have what we need to satisfy us and NESV in the long run, that's gambling.

Pellegrini would be another Ramos imo

Comparing Pelligrini to Ramos is so wrong on many levels, Ramos is a little bit like Roy, cautious, negative and defensive, as a follower of the Spanish League for ten years, I can tell you that every team he managed their played some ugly football, even during his highes with Sevilla, most of their wins were ugly, his stint at Spurs proves my point as well.

Pelligrini on the other hand, built a relatively small team to fight way beyond their weight, he comes from South America and he believes that you have to win each match beautifully, he also know how to handle the pressre quite well as evident by his past jobs with River Plate and Real Madrid and controlls the dressing room, just ask Riquelme, Kaka and Guti.

As for those wanting Rijkaard, well he may have won a lot of trophies with Barca and they played beautifully under him, but at his last two years he completly lost the dressing room, and Galtasaray struggled badly under him the last year and they are in a shit hole again this year, thanks to some baffling desicions from the Dutch, if he comes here then it is a receipe for a disaster.

There's no point giving Roy money in the window to sack him and have to fork out even more dough for the new man to spend on his own players.

I think this'll be a big consideration if and when he goes, cos I think he will.

I think you're right. I think players will definately be bought in Jan so do they sanction that and then sack him down the line or do they get rid early doors, almost going back on their promise to give Woy time? Tricky situation.

I watched us run repeatedly into a very deep, brick-wall defence today- we held possession well and created one or two openings that we may have taken bar shoddy finishing.

What did you see?

I saw us get bossed til it was 2-0 then them sit back and give us meaningless possession while still creating havoc via Beckford.

Does anyone actually think he should stay?

For now, yes. He's had 8 league games! I assume people wanting rid didn't want him in the first place- surely we understand enough about footballing success to see he doesn't become the wrong man in 8 games? We're in danger of becoming Newc or Soton if we're not careful! Pleasingly, NESV have highlighted the need for stability.

I'd go with Frank Riijkard

The reasons are simple. He's an attack minded manager. He's of the right age. He has experience at International level. He's won league titles and is proven in Europe.

He's the type of manager who could turn it round on the pitch short term with the Dutch philosophy and also stick around long term to put his blueprint on the club.

Dalglish as Director of Football working with Riijkard would be a great combination for me.

Whoever comes in should have won a title in either England, Italy, Germany or Spain and have experience of European football.

Pelligrini on the other hand, built a relatively small team to fight way beyond their weight, he comes from South America and he believes that you have to win each match beautifully

First bit sounds like Roy

Second bit is totally irrelevant except for the fact that no South American has ever been a successful PL manager, including Scolari

I like the second bit but at the moment I'd take ugly

Gamble, similiar to Unai Emery, might pay off, might not