You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

RBS realise Broughton has been absolutely useless

Nathanzx

You tease, Coop!

Not teasing mate.

RBS if you remember it was reported gave Hicks and Gillett a 6 month extension to find a buyer and under the proviso of this Broughton was appointed to oversee the process.

The 6 months is up i think on the 15 of October ergo Broughton's time is up.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Gillett is finished to be honest with his money problems but i wouldn't be surprised at all to see another investor come in and buy Gillett's share as well as a small percentage of Hicks.

Hicks will probably hang aroung, put in no money and get a big slice of all profits then.

Can't see many investors willing to put in money while Hicks is still here.

Hicks will probably hang aroung, put in no money and get a big slice of all profits then.

Can't see many investors willing to put in money while Hicks is still here.

I can mate.

There is money to be made off the club if it wasn't for the debt.

There is a new TV deal in the pipeline which will include internet rights, this alone will be worth more cash to the clubs.

Brand loyalty is still strong at the club and even in the protest video to get the yanks out there is a kid with an away shirt on.

Obviously if the new investor has the financial wealth to get the stadium built then there is even more cash to be made.

Not teasing mate.

RBS if you remember it was reported gave Hicks and Gillett a 6 month extension to find a buyer and under the proviso of this Broughton was appointed to oversee the process.

The 6 months is up i think on the 15 of October ergo Broughton's time is up.

I know - you always follow through! Thanks for the info on the 15th, though - it would have answered queries on the 6th, 15th, and 12th-of-never debates

I still want to hang onto the belief that the players have been doing shit all on the pitch to devalue the club so noone in their right mind will buy us forcing RBS to call in the debt, thus ensuring cunt and fuckface lose EVERYTHING. We are then owned by RBS who are only interested in making back their money and the £60M failure to pay penalty making the club worth £300M. New buyers, who have probably been waiting in the wings for this to happen, come in and buy the club for the super low price of £300M leaving enough in the kitty for a nice shiny new stadium and a huge kitty for the manager.

The players then go out and start playing football, we start winning, climb the table to somewhere around 5th and are hailed as one of the tightest teams we have had.

Then dawn breaks, I wake and reality sets back in. BUT we can all dream as at the moment we only have our dreams.

In light of recent developments it seems I owe Broughton an apology.

Perhaps he considered resigning earlier on in the day as a gesture of solidarity with Purslow and Ayres to expose the complete fuckpig that is Tom Hicks....but now they seem to have gone with a frankly unprecedented official website release in terms of how it conveys the level of internal chaos at the club.

Hicks truly would rape any of our grandmothers to get an extra dollar on the club sale, I am astounded we have all been so civil with him up to now and have not gone beyond civil protests and crude name-calling.

In light of recent developments it seems I owe Broughton an apology.

Perhaps he considered resigning earlier on in the day as a gesture of solidarity with Purslow and Ayres to expose the complete fuckpig that is Tom Hicks....but now they seem to have gone with a frankly unprecedented official website release in terms of how it conveys the level of internal chaos at the club.

Hicks truly would rape any of our grandmothers to get an extra dollar on the club sale, I am astounded we have all been so civil with him up to now and have not gone beyond civil protests and crude name-calling.

Fair play to you for apologising.

I have no idea why Broughton has the ire of some people. I believe he has been strung along as much as anyone by G&H. There is no way he could have sold the club as we are practically unsellable given that anyone interested will only pay current market value rather than the market value + profit that the carpet baggers want.

Fair play to you for apologising.

I agree, however the post from the off was misguided to say the least. So much going on at our club and people are going after Purslow, Broughton and Ayres, when the other 2 are the ones that needs targetting,

I still want to hang onto the belief that the players have been doing shit all on the pitch to devalue the club so noone in their right mind will buy us forcing RBS to call in the debt, thus ensuring cunt and fuckface lose EVERYTHING. We are then owned by RBS who are only interested in making back their money and the £60M failure to pay penalty making the club worth £300M. New buyers, who have probably been waiting in the wings for this to happen, come in and buy the club for the super low price of £300M leaving enough in the kitty for a nice shiny new stadium and a huge kitty for the manager.

The players then go out and start playing football, we start winning, climb the table to somewhere around 5th and are hailed as one of the tightest teams we have had.

Then dawn breaks, I wake and reality sets back in. BUT we can all dream as at the moment we only have our dreams.

I thought this re Nando since the season started.

Cos he would know he would be next out the door to meet the £40mill.

Probably bollocks....