You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• 1 month later...

He's well and truly stepping up and I'm just loving what he's doing in midfield wherever his starting position is supposed to be.

The understandings he's displayed with Suarez, Kuyt etc. are the type of thing that are just priceless for football teams. It's all very well being a good player but being a good player that makes others around you play well is a very limited commodity that I'm starting to believe Meireles has.

Terrific football brain, he looked lost when Hodgson had him though credit due to him that he signed him, under Dalglish his movement seems so natural. Just seemed to be everywhere yesterday.

If he stays fit another full season, we will have a player and a half on our hands

he looked lost when Hodgson had him though credit due to him that he signed him,.

I really really hate Hodgson but aside from when he played Raul on the right wing I still thought even under Roy he looked a really good player just Kenny has got that bit more out of him due to better tactics and he now looks excellent

I really really hate Hodgson but aside from when he played Raul on the right wing I still thought even under Roy he looked a really good player just Kenny has got that bit more out of him due to better tactics and he now looks excellent

great point

hodgson was shit and pretty much everything he did was a disaster......

but he gave us raul meireles!!

what a signing he has turned out to be.

like you i thought he played well under hodgson......apart from when playing out of posiiton.

i think the fact kenny likes to attack more is why he seems even better now...he has space to work with!!!

great point

hodgson was shit and pretty much everything he did was a disaster......

but he gave us raul meireles!!

what a signing he has turned out to be.

like you i thought he played well under hodgson......apart from when playing out of posiiton.

i think the fact kenny likes to attack more is why he seems even better now...he has space to work with!!!

Pretty sure that Rafa set it up before he left - Hodsgon certainly seemed a bit dazed and confused and unsure of who the hell this player was when he signed

Pretty sure that Rafa set it up before he left - Hodsgon certainly seemed a bit dazed and confused and unsure of who the hell this player was when he signed

yea ive heard that before too, but never really seen any evidence that its true...

considering how late on in the window we signed him i think its bull to be honest.

becuase i heard roy mention he had been tracking raul since he was at fulham?

I heard that Purslow did it without Hodgson overlooking it, because of the way that Meireles left Porto. After the world cup, FC Porto told him to find a new club, and we were one of the clubs his agent contacted.

I dont like how he was sympathetic to Nani on Sunday. Everybody is getting stuck in & he's holding his leg us & whispering sweet nothings into his ears.

He should have been sticking & twisting his fingers in the gash. That would have made any cunt eyes water.