You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Masch Gone - fee agreed but not yet disclosed

Slimbo

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we sign Konchesky, fine, I'm not wild about it but then maybe Fabio will be fit all season and play. Unlikely to say the least, but there we go.

But then we need someone who can hold up the ball up top - maybe Toivonen - and then someone who can dominant centre mid. Maybe that's what Poulsen was signed for, I dunno. Maybe if Gerrard plays there all season we wouldn't need someone else.

We need a ball playing midfielder who can pass more effectively than Lucas. Lucas lacks range. We don't need any one of the Madrid Diarra's or an outright destroyer.

Secondly we all know we need a left back and a striker.

I think the RM and LM positions will not be strengthened due Kuys comments last night about staying. The only other plausible variable could be Kuyt being moved back into the ST position if the rumours about Ben Arfa are true.

Assuming that is a load of bollocks then Kuyt/Maxi for RM and Babel/Jova for LM.

We also need to blood Shelvey into the team because he has the potential to become a great player.

My preference would be to sell Lucas and purchase Defour using Shelvey where possible. But that won't happen.

I don't think Spearing will make it here now.

My gut feeling is that we have a little bit of money available before the Masch sale with the aim being to utilise it towards the LB and St positions. Maybe this is me being naive and too optimistic but the board can't be that stupid to rely on the Masch sale to complete signings for LB and ST. Hopefully with the Masch sale almost complete CP can focus on signing players rather than negotiating sales (unless a decent bid comes in for Lucas) although the transfer deadline can't come soon enough for me.

I'd be happy if we finished with the below:

Trezeguet - Loan

Ben Arfa - Loan

Konchesky - Purchase

Defour - Purchase

Wolfswinkel nah just kidding

Huntelaar or Toivonen - Purchase

I'll go back to my day dreaming.......roll on next Tuesday.

Well let's see if Cecil is true to his word and we get any 'incomings' for transfers. A conservative guess would say at least £20 million was available for players.

Players In

10.05.2010 Jonjo Shelvey Charlton £1,700,000*

08.07.2010 Milan Jovanović Standard Liege Free

21.07.2010 Joe Cole Free Transfer Free

21.07.2010 Danny Wilson Rangers £2,000,000*

31.07.2010 Fábio Aurélio Free Transfer Free

11.08.2010 Christian Poulsen Juventus £4,550,000*

18.08.2010 Brad Jones Middlesbrough £2,300,000

Players Out

19.05.2010 Mikel San José Domínguez Athletic Bilbao £2,600,000

01.07.2010 Fábio Aurélio Unknown Free

01.07.2010 David Martin MK Dons Free

02.07.2010 Yossi Benayoun Chelsea £6,000,000

23.07.2010 Albert Riera Olympiacos £3,300,000*

23.08.2010 Diego Cavalieri Cesena £3,000,000

25.08.2010 Krisztián Németh Olympiacos £1,000,000

Mascherano is not included so that is roughly another £18m - does anybody honestly believe we are going to spend £20m+ in less than a week on reinforcements? Unless we do I fear this season will be a write off as our squad in hopelessly short at LB, CM, LW and ST.

I have a sick feeling that the Yanks are going to use the "sale" as a smokescreen to avoid sanctioning any significant player expenditure and then skim whatever they can off this Summer's transfer profits before being unceremoniously dumped out of the club. I accept this is extremely pessimistic but those spineless leeches have form...

[quote=Cij;2424047

I have a sick feeling that the Yanks are going to use the "sale" as a smokescreen to avoid sanctioning any significant player expenditure and then skim whatever they can off this Summer's transfer profits before being unceremoniously dumped out of the club. I accept this is extremely pessimistic but those spineless leeches have form...

Seems fine to me! If it pans out like that I will be more than happy.

does anybody honestly believe we are going to spend £20m+ in less than a week on reinforcements? Unless we do I fear this season will be a write off as our squad in hopelessly short at LB, CM, LW and ST.

If we do have the money to spend - and that's clearly a big if - then I would presume the club - Purslow I mean - has players lined up. They clearly knew Mascherano was on his way so it would be foolish not to have targets lined up so in the eventuality of him going we can do deals quickly.

Personally I think Toivonen and Konchesky will arrive soon after the weekend and there may be one more on top of that.

My worry is that if Gerrard is injured this season a centre midfield of Lucas and Poulsen has no dominence about it.

Guest TesticleOReilly
Wait up, don't we have to sign something like 2 homegrown players now for the new rules? We're short aren't we?

And I think Masch had just had it with the board of the club when he didn't play. I know it was wrong of him but I can't hold it against him now that he's moved on, we're a fucking mess at the moment off the field and that will have been a lot clearer to him than us. (and he might've felt that if he didn't kick off he'd have had to stay here until at least jan.) All the best to him at Barca.

Don't kid yourself. He's been bitching, crying and moaning for the past 2 years. We were a stepping stone to get out of West Ham, he received a HUGE pay-off as part of that move, gave us a good first season to get himself into the shop window and since then has been angling for a move to the continent. Then he waits 'till we've got a new manager who hasn't yet stamped his authority on the team and completely undermines him by refusing to play?

Fuck him, fuck his wife, and fuck the well-wishers. Hope he breaks his bastard leg on his debut.

Spearing, Ecclestone and Amoo don't need to be counted as any player 21 or under on the 1st of September does not need to be registered.

Of the players we have at the moment we only have to register:

Agger

Aurelio

Torres

Jovanovic

Kyrgiakos

Maxi

Kuyt

Babel

Macherano

Lucas

Reina

Poulsen

Itandje?? (is on squad list on the offal still)

El Zhar

Skrtel

Plessis

Plus Gerrard, Cole, Carragher, Johnson and Jones who are homegrown.

I haven't included Plessis who

Everyone else we have does not have to be included in the squad but would be eligible to play as they are under 21 (not including the likes of Aquilani and Degen who are away on loan now). So as things stand we could sign a maximum of two more foreigners over 21 (3 when Masch goes) and 3 more home grown players over 21.

Basically the squad rules are as dirk grout says, maximum of 17 foreigners over 21 and in addition upto 8 home grown players over 21. Anyone else 21 or under on September 1st 2010 can be played without being registered. Which would include Insua and Spearing etc. so they do not have to be registered this year.

It's worth pointing out the Champions League has had a similar ruling for awhile now (Champions League is actually tighter as it is 4 home grown at the club and 4 home grown in the country out of the 25 names plus under 21s).

Anyway on topic, sad to see him go because as a player I liked him, but if he doesn't want to be here no point in keeping him. Don't particularly wish him well, but don't exactly wish him ill either.

Players In

10.05.2010 Jonjo Shelvey Charlton £1,700,000*

08.07.2010 Milan Jovanović Standard Liege Free

21.07.2010 Joe Cole Free Transfer Free

21.07.2010 Danny Wilson Rangers £2,000,000*

31.07.2010 Fábio Aurélio Free Transfer Free

11.08.2010 Christian Poulsen Juventus £4,550,000*

18.08.2010 Brad Jones Middlesbrough £2,300,000

Players Out

19.05.2010 Mikel San José Domínguez Athletic Bilbao £2,600,000

01.07.2010 Fábio Aurélio Unknown Free

01.07.2010 David Martin MK Dons Free

02.07.2010 Yossi Benayoun Chelsea £6,000,000

23.07.2010 Albert Riera Olympiacos £3,300,000*

23.08.2010 Diego Cavalieri Cesena £3,000,000

25.08.2010 Krisztián Németh Olympiacos £1,000,000

Mascherano is not included so that is roughly another £18m - does anybody honestly believe we are going to spend £20m+ in less than a week on reinforcements? Unless we do I fear this season will be a write off as our squad in hopelessly short at LB, CM, LW and ST.

You forgot Mihaylov off the lists of sales

We need a ball playing midfielder who can pass more effectively than Lucas. Lucas lacks range. We don't need any one of the Madrid Diarra's or an outright destroyer.

Secondly we all know we need a left back and a striker.

I think the RM and LM positions will not be strengthened due Kuys comments last night about staying. The only other plausible variable could be Kuyt being moved back into the ST position if the rumours about Ben Arfa are true.

Assuming that is a load of bollocks then Kuyt/Maxi for RM and Babel/Jova for LM.

We also need to blood Shelvey into the team because he has the potential to become a great player.

My preference would be to sell Lucas and purchase Defour using Shelvey where possible. But that won't happen.

I don't think Spearing will make it here now.

My gut feeling is that we have a little bit of money available before the Masch sale with the aim being to utilise it towards the LB and St positions. Maybe this is me being naive and too optimistic but the board can't be that stupid to rely on the Masch sale to complete signings for LB and ST. Hopefully with the Masch sale almost complete CP can focus on signing players rather than negotiating sales (unless a decent bid comes in for Lucas) although the transfer deadline can't come soon enough for me.

I'd be happy if we finished with the below:

Trezeguet - Loan

Ben Arfa - Loan

Konchesky - Purchase

Defour - Purchase

Wolfswinkel nah just kidding

Huntelaar or Toivonen - Purchase

I'll go back to my day dreaming.......roll on next Tuesday.

Sensible reading - if not dreams! I would be made up with this.

I did read that we turned down a bid of 10m Euros for Lucas earlier - I am amazed we didn't take it. I know I have him down as one of the "destroyers" but lets be honest - 10m Euros!!

You'd think with all the sales (and those from Christmas) we'd have enough to buy at least 2 more quality players.

I do agree on Shelvy though - he has to be played - otherwise we'll be flushing more money down the loo as he won't develop - same with Wilson.

Huntelaar is being linked with a loan move to Spurs - I know its paper talk, but this seems like a no brainer to me - we MUST buy another striker!

Sensible reading - if not dreams! I would be made up with this.

I did read that we turned down a bid of 10m Euros for Lucas earlier - I am amazed we didn't take it. I know I have him down as one of the "destroyers" but lets be honest - 10m Euros!!

You'd think with all the sales (and those from Christmas) we'd have enough to buy at least 2 more quality players.

I do agree on Shelvy though - he has to be played - otherwise we'll be flushing more money down the loo as he won't develop - same with Wilson.

Huntelaar is being linked with a loan move to Spurs - I know its paper talk, but this seems like a no brainer to me - we MUST buy another striker!

I missed the game last night was out on the road and listening to Talkshite, I know I know, they were talking about spurs and they reckon now that they have qualified Levy has made more money available for the manager.

They think Fabiano is a whisker away from signing for them. Again if true then they will be looking to lose one of the five taking Huntelaar out of the equation. I can't seem them trying to offload two strikers and signing both Fabiano and Huntelaar as that would pose a bigger risk to overall team dynamics. Again this is from Talkshite so probably bollocks.

Basically the squad rules are as dirk grout says, maximum of 17 foreigners over 21 and in addition upto 8 home grown players over 21. Anyone else 21 or under on September 1st 2010 can be played without being registered. Which would include Insua and Spearing etc. so they do not have to be registered this year.

It's worth pointing out the Champions League has had a similar ruling for awhile now (Champions League is actually tighter as it is 4 home grown at the club and 4 home grown in the country out of the 25 names plus under 21s).

It also worth pointing out that at the current rate we won't be able to register anywhere close to 25 players. As opta joe might say. Asset stripped.

I dont remember wanting a player to fuck off quite as much as Mascherano

And now its a reality - im gutted. But he can forget about getting a good luck from me. The way he's gone about it has been disgraceful. Refusing to play for the club is unforgivable.

I expected to get bummed on the price as thats just what happens with Liverpool.

The whole episode has stunk from start to finish - and im glad its all over. Having it drag on was only ever going to be detrimental to the club.

Doesn't stop me being fucking fuming about it all but draw a line and move on.

To be fair, what I was meaning is that we have 2 "holding midfielders" in the squad. I wouldn't want to see both in the team at the same time, and if hje spent money on Poulsen - why buy another?

I agree with your sentiments 100%

I don't want to see the money spent on a centre midfield player, we need to sign a left and a right winger before anything else as we cannot create anything.

Second we need a leftback and a striker. This seems to be the popular choice of where to spend the money. Although a striker will do little to help our lack of creativity.

If Poulsen or Lucas get injured though we are very very light centrally