You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Some people lead sad sad lives.

We sign a back up keeper, a back up keeper and some of the shite thats spouted is a joke.

He's never played for us, support him.

So he wasnt a world beater at former clubs but so what he might be decent here and he's never going to fucking play.

You keep saying this. Do you not then think spending £2m on someone who's "never going to play" is a bit nuts?

We could sign a homegrown keeper from somewhere else for 50k.

and then you'd all kick off even more.

Its not Champ Man were you can just go and sign some bum nut on a free or from the Blue Square Prem.

If we get bought 2m will be a drop in the ocean.

and then you'd all kick off even more.

Its not Champ Man were you can just go and sign some bum nut on a free or from the Blue Square Prem.

If we get bought 2m will be a drop in the ocean.

You're the one defending the signing and then on the other hand saying "he's never going to play".

It's rather weird to be happy about signing a player who in your words will never set foot on the pitch. If home grown is all its about then sign an English keeper from the conference for 50k.

I'm kicking off because he's rubbish, not his cost. You're defending it with "he'll never play" which begs the question why the hell was he signed.

Walton I'm normally against people ranting on about (potential) new signings before we get them, see Poulsen and Luke Young threads however signing Brad Jones would be a complete piss take, Cavalieri is much better and if we want to go homegrown we have Gulacsi who is also better. Jones is second choice to Danny Coyne (who is also homegrown and would cost about 250k) so i don't see why we would waste 2million on him particularly when he has been shown to be a poor keeper in the past.

If he does sign i hope he proves us wrong if he ever plays but i just can't see the logic in it

The fee for Cavalieri will cover it surely, its just like for like except one is homegrown. I can't believe that Brad Jones is any worse than Cavalieri.

He's not even a better keeper than Itandje. And that's no exaggeration, even the Boro fans are in total shock at this.

It's also worth adding that we won't see this £2m again as at 28 he isn't going to improve and we can't add any value to that price.

It's just a baffling signing all round. But if that's what Roy wants to spend his limited budget on then what can we do? I'm not going to waste any more time trying to understand this one.

He's not even a better keeper than Itandje. And that's no exaggeration, even the Boro fans are in total shock at this.

It's also worth adding that we won't see this £2m again as at 28 he isn't going to improve and we can't add any value to that price.

It's just a baffling signing all round. But if that's what Roy wants to spend his limited budget on then what can we do? I'm not going to waste any more time trying to understand this one.

If we get bought 2m will be a drop in the ocean as I say.

He's better than Itandje dont be fucking soft

He's better than Itandje dont be fucking soft

He probably is, but there isn't much in it.

I don't remember who it was against, but there was one game when Boro were still in the PL where he made a couple of those howlers that get you on those special Xmas dvd's by the likes of Danny Baker. It'll be on youtube probably.

It's ok trying to defend this signing, but, without wanting to open a can of worms, Rafa would've been absolutely hung out to dry on here had he signed the lad.

My mates a Sheff Wed fan, and Jones was there on loan. He said he was absolute fuckin shite, and everything I read backs that up. From the little I've seen of him I've always thought of him as being pretty shite too. Just don't get this signing one bit. Like I said earlier, Luke Young, Brad Jones, Paul Konchesky etc, we are fuckin Liverpool not Fulham.